Author Topic: The Zev thread (was "Anybody want a kitten?")  (Read 110649 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Anybody want a kitten?
« Reply #175 on: 08 August, 2011, 03:45:37 pm »
Because we haven't had any pictures for a while, here she is pretending not to be tired:

« Reply #176 on: 08 August, 2011, 03:50:59 pm »
What a pretty little madam!!!

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #177 on: 08 August, 2011, 04:11:18 pm »
Aww, want to come home and get kitteh cuddles nao!  Only an hour to go.... zzzzz.

« Reply #178 on: 08 August, 2011, 04:22:44 pm »
What a transformation from the pictures on page 1 of this thread... She's a lucky little kitten to have been happened across by Kim and barakta (and TimO).  :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #179 on: 09 August, 2011, 12:52:01 am »
Spotted the big black cat who may well be her mother in the neighbours' front garden earlier this evening.  I feel bad for taking her baby away  :'(

(While accepting that said baby is now properly nourished and hydrated, pretty much free of the sniffles and will soon be in the running for the YACF most spoiled cat award.)

ed_o_brain

« Reply #180 on: 09 August, 2011, 04:22:04 pm »
Makes you wonder about the rest of the litter. :(

« Reply #181 on: 09 August, 2011, 04:35:37 pm »
Dont feel too sorry about it. There is a garden and some dense bushes at our head office and some feral cats live under the bushes. Every summer they have kittens and even though people put out food for them quite a lot of the kittens die. You've insured that at least one little kitty will have a good chance in life now.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #182 on: 09 August, 2011, 05:25:27 pm »

I assume she's either the strong one who survived, or the weak one who didn't prowl off in search of critters on her own.

« Reply #183 on: 09 August, 2011, 06:04:07 pm »

I assume she's either the strong one who survived, or the weak one who didn't prowl off in search of critters on her own.

the cunning one who found some kind hoomins to spoil & pamper her... ;D
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

barakta

« Reply #184 on: 09 August, 2011, 06:07:25 pm »

We've not seen any other small kittens out there just the one we have.  I'd try and rescue any others if there were.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #185 on: 09 August, 2011, 06:11:25 pm »
Especially for TimO: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bETCusT5kNM&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/bETCusT5kNM&rel=1</a>
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #186 on: 09 August, 2011, 09:39:48 pm »
Especially for TimO: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bETCusT5kNM&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/bETCusT5kNM&rel=1</a>

The Cat Came Back is one of my favourite short animations.  Always worth watching. ;D  I've actually got it on DVD.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #187 on: 10 August, 2011, 04:12:59 pm »
Frankie too loves sitting on the bath and occasionally dipping his paw in.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #188 on: 10 August, 2011, 04:40:02 pm »
Moar cute!

« Reply #189 on: 10 August, 2011, 05:59:03 pm »
Moar cute!

Cute? Cute?! That's terrifying!
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #190 on: 10 August, 2011, 06:01:09 pm »
Cute? Cute?! That's terrifying!

Only if you're a shoelace.

She spent most of the last hour stretched out on my lap, purring.  (What she actually wanted to do was curl up under my chin, but I don't have the boobs for that.)

« Reply #191 on: 10 August, 2011, 09:35:50 pm »
You have x weeks to train her to attack  stripey socks on sight.   This may involve shopping for suitable target material....

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #192 on: 10 August, 2011, 09:41:15 pm »
We lost our moggie of 12 years last year which was hugely upsetting.....mmmmm.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #193 on: 10 August, 2011, 09:57:59 pm »
You have x weeks to train her to attack  stripey socks on sight.   This may involve shopping for suitable target material....

Oy!  She doesn't need encouragement, I'm expecting blood to be drawn when she climbs up my enlycraed leg anyway!

« Reply #194 on: 10 August, 2011, 10:29:16 pm »
I have been away for a few days, and have just found this thread. What marvellous happy all-round kitteh goodness.

Oh, and squeeeeeeee!

barakta

« Reply #195 on: 11 August, 2011, 08:03:16 am »
I am going to miss the little triangular inquisitive face looking round the shower glass thing and wondering why the hoomin is sitting in WATER!  I was worried she'd jump in after me this morning with sharp consequences!

« Reply #196 on: 11 August, 2011, 08:08:24 am »
I had much the same this morning with Kai.  He sat watching me, somewhat quizzically, wondering what I was doing in the bath.  I think the soap confused him more.  I guess water makes sense, but bubbly soap isn't something that you particularly find in nature!

barakta

« Reply #197 on: 11 August, 2011, 09:23:30 am »
I think Zev may have been in the bath after I drained it as the floor was awful wet even accounting for us avoiding bathmats (cos she'd been pooing on them before her paw was ok for litter) and she looked quite pissed off!  I only had time to give her a very quick scritch before getting to work.

loafheads

« Reply #198 on: 11 August, 2011, 11:44:39 am »
I can't wait to see the 2 of them interact. She looks so tiny and sweet. I think Kai will be glad to see another cat.

« Reply #199 on: 11 August, 2011, 12:04:40 pm »
I'm more than a little nervous about letting them see each other.

Since they'll be in different rooms, I can probably swap them over for a few hours, so that they get used to the smell of each other.  This is probably more important for Kai, since he's far bigger than her, and kittens are going to be naturally expecting to have to learn to interact with other cats, so I don't think she'll necessarily have a problem with him.

Since he's already more than a little shell shocked by everything, and I suspect she will be after a 2½ / 3 hour car journey, hopefully they won't see too much of a threat from the other cat, and will just be happy that there is someone else feline to interact with.

I will not leave them together, until I'm absolutely certain that he won't try and harm her, and even then in a situation where she can run and hide in places that he can't get too.  Even the most patient and friendly cat will have off days, when a kitten could be annoying to them.