Author Topic: Today's SPAM  (Read 120767 times)

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
Re: Today's SPAM
« Reply #50 on: 18 May, 2016, 03:14:04 pm »
I don't receive these things any more.  Where am I going wrong? How can i climb back into the loop?

Same here - though my personal junk emailbox is generally filled with genuine tripe these days - I *really* ought to unsubscribe from groupon et al as I have NEVER bought anything from them.

Any time I've ever had a 'your eBay/paypal/whatever account has been limited!!!' email I've first gone (a) meh, give a shit? not really...  then (b) gone directly to eBay/paypal/whatever's website and had a look.  Oh what a surprise, it's fine.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #51 on: 18 May, 2016, 10:33:24 pm »
Attention:

I am Diplomat Kevin Smart; United Nation Diplomat Agent in charge for your delivery. I have been trying to reach you about an hour now just to inform you about my successful arrival in Chicago International Airport with your consignment box containing US$8.6 million which I have been instructed by United Nation and the compensation award committee to be deliver to you. The Airport authority demanded for all the legal back up papers to prove to them that the fund is no way related with drug nor fraud money, I have presented the papers I handed to them and they are very much pleased with the papers I presented but the only thing that is still keeping me here is the airport delivery Tag which is not placed on the box,

one of the Airport Authority has advise that we get the delivery tag so that I can exit the airport immediately and make my delivery successful .I try to reason with them and
they stated the delivery tag will cost you just $250 Dollars only to get the tag placed on the box as that tag will enable me get to your house successfully without any interference.

Please try and reach me with +1 (912) 417-9265 as I can not afford to spend more time here. I have the documents backing up your consignment as I can accompany you to your bank where you will deposit the fund successfully with these papers without any stress. I have more vital paper with me but I can only present you the hard copy when I reach your house as that it’s the diplomatic rules.

You can direct the tag fee of $250 to our Head Office as they will get it for you and they are entitled to receive and make any payment to foreign countries authority. Please re-confirm your residential address to me to avoid mistake.

Your Full Name:………………………
Your Current address:……………………….
Direct telephone Number:……………………..
Home/office# Fax:…………………………………..
State:…………………………….
Zip code:……………………
Closest Int. Airport:…………..
Alternative email:…………..

Upon confirmation of your details you will receive instruction on how to make the payment for the delivery tag fee of $250 that will be placed on the box. Once this is confirmed I will proceed with delivery immediately to your house.

Looking forward to hearing from you and congratulations once again.

Diplomat Kevin Smart
United Nation Diplomatic Agent
Email: dkelvinsmart@gmail.com
Tel: +1 (912) 417-9265

Well, the scamming f*ker will just have to wait at Chicago International Airport for a while.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #52 on: 18 May, 2016, 11:01:32 pm »
Diplomat Kevin Smart sounds like a relative of Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #53 on: 19 May, 2016, 04:10:55 am »
At work we're getting loads of fake invoices and they're all .dotm or even .js attachments. They're clever and send to 4-5 addresses at once and a minute apart so the emails don't show up as a spam bomb and get blocked immediately.
Everyone's favourite windbreak

« Reply #54 on: 20 May, 2016, 07:25:29 am »
And at the other end of the scale...

I am Engr. Zakarria Adam a petrochemical/oil exploration Engineer I need your mutual assistance.

Kindly get back to me via my personal e-mail engzakadam1@barid.com for more comprehensive breakdown.

Engr. Z Adam

Sent to an old address for MrsC.
Would anyone respond?
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

caerau

« Reply #55 on: 24 May, 2016, 06:41:35 pm »
Your mutual assistance huh? 

Do you run a cooperative?

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #56 on: 26 May, 2016, 06:11:58 pm »
A well crafted Apple bill email, indicating I'd bought a month of  Netflix for £19

Sent to the wrong email address, but likely to catch the unwary.
It is simpler than it looks.

caerau

« Reply #57 on: 26 May, 2016, 06:15:00 pm »
My least favourite spam these days comes from 38 degrees et al.

Just because I sign one petition does not mean I'm going sign sodding everything  >:( ::-)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #58 on: 26 May, 2016, 06:33:56 pm »
Bauer Media Group, take your spammy messages about $PHOTOGRAPHY_MAGAZINE, and have them printed out and fitted nasally >:(  I am not a subscriber to said magazine, have never bought a copy and never will.  Knobgobblers.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #59 on: 26 May, 2016, 09:19:30 pm »
Someone called Alice keeps emailing me, from different random email addresses, saying I have won one of several random prizes. Wouldn't be so bad if she didn't get my surname wrong everytime!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #60 on: 26 May, 2016, 10:02:57 pm »
My least favourite spam these days comes from 38 degrees et al.

Just because I sign one petition does not mean I'm going sign sodding everything  >:( ::-)
+1
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #61 on: 26 May, 2016, 10:04:31 pm »
Someone called Alice keeps emailing me, from different random email addresses, saying I have won one of several random prizes. Wouldn't be so bad if she didn't get my surname wrong everytime!

In your situation, I don't think I'd be able to resist telling Alice that the person she's looking for doesn't live here any more.

« Reply #62 on: 26 May, 2016, 10:16:25 pm »

« Reply #63 on: 26 May, 2016, 10:19:09 pm »
That's much more entertaining than the ones I get. Should I be jealous?

« Reply #64 on: 27 May, 2016, 06:41:52 pm »
Apparently I spoke to about a dozen people yesterday who all promised to send me a file.

The same one.  ::-)

They're clever and send to 4-5 addresses at once

Ah yes. Not so clever when all the addresses route to the same mailbox.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Afasoas

« Reply #65 on: 27 May, 2016, 10:47:51 pm »
Received several court summons today.

« Reply #66 on: 02 June, 2016, 01:36:31 pm »
I don't receive these things any more.  Where am I going wrong? How can i climb back into the loop?

Same here - though my personal junk emailbox is generally filled with genuine tripe these days - I *really* ought to unsubscribe from groupon et al as I have NEVER bought anything from them.

Any time I've ever had a 'your eBay/paypal/whatever account has been limited!!!' email I've first gone (a) meh, give a shit? not really...  then (b) gone directly to eBay/paypal/whatever's website and had a look.  Oh what a surprise, it's fine.

Be careful what you wish for!  This arrived in my Tiscali/Talk Talk mailbox:

Dear Talktalk member,

The card we have on file for your Internet service needs to be re-confirmed to bill you on 01/06/2016 for your most recent service fees. For this reason, your service could be suspended. Please visit our Account Information pages, located at.
You must update your billing information immediately in order to avoid any interruption to your services. Once your card information is updated, you will be charged immediately, as soon as payment is received. You can update your card simply by clicking below:

Click below to Log In into your account and resolve the problem.

http://www.talk talk.co.uk/mail/?check_cookie=1

Note that failure to update your card information after reading this message would lead to email suspension.

Director of Talktalk Technical Team.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Talktalk Account Support

Warning Code :ID67565434
©2016 Talktalk Team

TalkTalk confirm that it is a scam altho' it's one of the most convincing I have seen as the link* is to the TalkTalk Login screen  How does that work?

* I have disabled it by adding a space.
Move Faster and Bake Things

caerau

« Reply #67 on: 02 June, 2016, 01:52:48 pm »
The care you need to take is to never link to anyone's billing or accounting place via an email.

Alarm bells start ringing as soon as I see any kind of '.. your account will be limited...' type thing.

Just go direct to them without using any email links if you're in doubt.

I have actually had cards expire on me and such before and you just get an email telling you - they never have a clickable link in the proper emails in my experience.

« Reply #68 on: 02 June, 2016, 01:54:29 pm »

TalkTalk confirm that it is a scam altho' it's one of the most convincing I have seen as the link* is to the TalkTalk Login screen  How does that work?

You sure the actual link (as opposed to the one you can read) is to their page? Hover over, and see where it it actually pointing (or, look at the source code)

Pound gets a penny it is actually to TalkTalkscam.com instead

« Reply #69 on: 02 June, 2016, 02:08:26 pm »

You sure the actual link (as opposed to the one you can read) is to their page? Hover over, and see where it it actually pointing (or, look at the source code)

Pound gets a penny it is actually to TalkTalkscam.com instead

This is the actual URL: 

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/?check_cookie=1">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</head>
<body>
If your browser does not redirect you, please click <a href=http://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/?check_cookie=1>here</a>
</body>
</html>

Acquired by creating an external URL proxy.

This is a genuine link to the login:

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/?from=webmail#checkNewMail

How many people would spot the difference?

« Reply #70 on: 02 June, 2016, 02:20:41 pm »
Well, that actually looks like a real (optional) link that has nothing to do with phishing or anything.

There is no law that says originators of spam need to know how their arse is bloted on.

« Reply #71 on: 02 June, 2016, 02:56:20 pm »
Well, that actually looks like a real (optional) link that has nothing to do with phishing or anything.

There is no law that says originators of spam need to know how their arse is bloted on.

Yup it looks the real deal however TalkTalk confirmed it was a phishing link:

info: You are now through to Kavit. How can I help you?
Asterix: Hi, i have received a messag in my mailbox that I don't understand. It say it is from TalkTalk and reads "Dear Talktalk member, The card we have on file for your Internet service needs to be re-confirmed to bill you on 01/06/2016 for your most recent service fees. For this reason, your service could be suspended. Please visit our Account Information pages, located at. You must update your billing information immediately in order to avoid any interruption to your services. Once your card information is updated, you will be charged immediately, as soon as payment is received. You can update your card simply by clicking below: Click below to Log In into your account and resolve the problem. http://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/?check_cookie=1 Note that failure to update your card information after reading this message would lead to email suspension. Director of Talktalk Technical Team. Thank you for your co-operation. Talktalk Account Support Warning Code :ID67565434 ©2016 Talktalk Team
Kavit: Hi, Asterix. I will be happy to check that for you, can you provide me with your telephone number and full name please?
Asterix: ok my mobile number is 0***3 1****7, however it is a uk mobile and I am in France. I have a French number: 0033 **5 ****4.
Kavit:
Just to confirm. Are you referring to your mobile or landline account?

ASterix: My full name is Asterix (obviously)
Asterix: the account i have with TalkTalk is for internet services via landline. The number of the landline is 01**4 ****4 but I am not there right now.
Kavit:
Thank you for the information.

Kavit:
Thank you for the information.

Kavit: I can confirm from our end there is no email notification sent out from our end regarding to confirm the bank or card details. I would simply suggest you to please avoid this types of phishing emails*. We never ask for bank and card details through email.
Kavit:
I can also confirm that there is no outstanding balance on your account.

blah blah..

So what are they up to? 

*Tiscali ask users to report phishing attempts.

caerau

« Reply #72 on: 02 June, 2016, 04:25:29 pm »
Yeah you can report it, then the next one, then the next one, then the next one....

... or not if you want to do anything else with your life.

« Reply #73 on: 02 June, 2016, 05:51:11 pm »
Alright, I'll keep this short and sweet.
1. I sent you this before.
2. You haven't watched it.
3. You should, it's URGENT

Watch this in the next 15 minutes
I need to know if you want the access or I should give it to someone else right away.
Seriously!.. You should be watching this already

This insane video describes step by step how to get TONNS of cash!
It's Free, and it's foolproof.

« Reply #74 on: 02 June, 2016, 06:14:06 pm »
Yeah you can report it, then the next one, then the next one, then the next one....

... or not if you want to do anything else with your life.

It's not something I'd bother with, however the link was apparently genuine or indistinguishable from the real one.  I've not seen one like that before and no explanation from here explains it.