Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 521707 times)

Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2850 on: 21 November, 2017, 11:26:30 pm »
Best wishes BFC.

Sent using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #2851 on: 22 November, 2017, 12:42:06 pm »
Any update on the BFC? Is he still at Broomfield or is he home now?

Sent using Tapatalk

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #2852 on: 22 November, 2017, 01:10:34 pm »
Don't think he'll be home for a while GS, will be difficult managing crutches with a shoulder injury I think.

I'm gonna pop in to see him tonight before the Rose and Crown.

« Reply #2853 on: 22 November, 2017, 02:31:34 pm »
I'm gonna pop in to see him tonight before the Rose and Crown.

I didn’t think you could make it along tonight. If you will be there, I’ll bring the trophy. It’s about the size of a Betamax tape (something I’m sure you’ll be able to relate to), just so you know what size bag/pocket you’ll need.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #2854 on: 22 November, 2017, 02:53:11 pm »
I’ll bring the trophy. It’s about the size of a Betamax tape (something I’m sure you’ll be able to relate to), just so you know what size bag/pocket you’ll need.

I think Fandango is more of an eight track guy.  Back when he had hair and a sports car he could often be seen (and heard) hammering around the lanes of Essex with the Doobie Brothers blasting out - at least that's what he told me.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #2855 on: 22 November, 2017, 03:06:29 pm »
I’ll bring the trophy. It’s about the size of a Betamax tape (something I’m sure you’ll be able to relate to), just so you know what size bag/pocket you’ll need.

I think Fandango is more of an eight track guy.  Back when he had hair and a sports car he could often be seen (and heard) hammering around the lanes of Essex with the Doobie Brothers blasting out - at least that's what he told me.

Those were the days, Jimi Hendrix blasting out and my afro blowing in the breeze........

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2856 on: 23 November, 2017, 03:17:12 pm »
Don't think he'll be home for a while GS, will be difficult managing crutches with a shoulder injury I think.

Wrong!  He came home yesterday!!!

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2857 on: 24 November, 2017, 01:59:29 pm »

So,  not content with trying to visit the BFC in hospital when he wasn't there, you're now passing on the news of him not being there to the person who told the rest of us about that on Wednesday?  ;D
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2858 on: 24 November, 2017, 02:01:36 pm »

So,  not content with trying to visit the BFC in hospital when he wasn't there, you're now passing on the news of him not being there to the person who told the rest of us about that on Wednesday?  ;D

Its my own version of fake news.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2859 on: 24 November, 2017, 02:08:40 pm »

You are Donald Trump and I claim my five pounds!
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2860 on: 24 November, 2017, 02:16:17 pm »
A well spent fiver!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #2861 on: 24 November, 2017, 06:38:46 pm »

It`s all good news that BFC is home. Rolling around on his gutter frame apparently;D

You are Donald Trump and I claim my five pounds!

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #2862 on: 24 November, 2017, 08:30:36 pm »
Monday morning commute stopped at Spa Rd, a blue fiesta intercepted me from the left hand side at the roundabout before 7:00. The fiesta is a write off and wasn't not too far off it either.
I am home and figuring out basic survival skills (eating and drinking) with a broken left ankle that was screwed together Tuesday afternoon, that's one bit that is reasonably comfortable but no weight allowed for a lot of weeks. The other major injury is a broken right shoulder blade that also is non load bearing. Plus plenty of grazes, a sprained thumb on the left hand, right arm that doesn't respond to attempts to move it. And the neck that hurts all the time and really hurts if I move my head. Using wet tarmac to shave the eyebrows is not recommended either, but that's just superficial damage.

The painkillers are doing their stuff, some sleep being achieved. Getting about on standard zimmer frames, the gutter frame variant was about 10" too short. No beer till the I'm off the morphine I suspect

I guess i'll need to call in the Cycling UK legal service sometime, but only when I am vaguely comfortable.

I managed to lose my mobile phone in Broomfield Hospital, so I have a smart(ish) phone now, welcome to the 21sr Century.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2863 on: 24 November, 2017, 08:47:41 pm »
Monday morning commute stopped at Spa Rd, a blue fiesta intercepted me from the left hand side at the roundabout before 7:00. The fiesta is a write off and wasn't not too far off it either.
I am home and figuring out basic survival skills (eating and drinking) with a broken left ankle that was screwed together Tuesday afternoon, that's one bit that is reasonably comfortable but no weight allowed for a lot of weeks. The other major injury is a broken right shoulder blade that also is non load bearing. Plus plenty of grazes, a sprained thumb on the left hand, right arm that doesn't respond to attempts to move it. And the neck that hurts all the time and really hurts if I move my head. Using wet tarmac to shave the eyebrows is not recommended either, but that's just superficial damage.

The painkillers are doing their stuff, some sleep being achieved. Getting about on standard zimmer frames, the gutter frame variant was about 10" too short. No beer till the I'm off the morphine I suspect

I guess i'll need to call in the Cycling UK legal service sometime, but only when I am vaguely comfortable.

I managed to lose my mobile phone in Broomfield Hospital, so I have a smart(ish) phone now, welcome to the 21sr Century.

Yeah, but is the bike OK ?
Regards,

Joergen

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #2864 on: 24 November, 2017, 10:08:41 pm »
The very nice ambulance crew dropped it home on the way to the hospital.
I can't get out of the house to check it over, but a thorough check up will be required - I suspect with the level of impact default will be to claim for a replacement.
Shame I can't get replacement body parts as easy as a replacement bike, although wait time will be about the same with that bike.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2865 on: 25 November, 2017, 04:25:48 am »
The very nice ambulance crew dropped it home on the way to the hospital.
I can't get out of the house to check it over, but a thorough check up will be required - I suspect with the level of impact default will be to claim for a replacement.
Shame I can't get replacement body parts as easy as a replacement bike, although wait time will be about the same with that bike.

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2866 on: 25 November, 2017, 05:08:41 am »
Great to hear you're home and on the mend.

Sent using Tapatalk

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2867 on: 25 November, 2017, 07:14:22 am »
Blimey BFC!  I hope a large book gets thrown at the driver.  Let me know if you need anything and I’ll pop round. We’re away overnight but back on Sunday evening.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #2868 on: 25 November, 2017, 08:14:20 am »
Glad you`re back home, it can only get better going forward :thumbsup:

Pity about the morphine `cos it looks like I`ll have to drink the beers I got you.

Hope you`re out and about soon.

« Reply #2869 on: 25 November, 2017, 08:40:19 am »
The very nice ambulance crew dropped it home on the way to the hospital..

I heard about the delivery service on Wednesday. That is class.

Hope the recovery process continues swiftly.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #2870 on: 27 November, 2017, 08:49:18 am »
Yep, also hoping things get more comfortable for you soon....I rode through the spa road round about last night and someone sped through right in front of my nose as well. Ever since Huggy got taken out there I've always felt it seems to be one of the worst points in Witham for people putting their foot down without looking too much!

Wonder if the driver will try the 'I didn't see him' routine. You could take your lighting rig into the court as evidence!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2871 on: 27 November, 2017, 10:24:31 pm »
How much of the Blackwater Rail Trail is ridable? 

On Sat when the majority are out enjoying the Stansted Airport Express, I'm thinking about joining the Tomsk's clan in Maldon for some beer tasting but fancied a different route to Maldon on perhaps my new CX tyres.... ??  I know there is a bit near Lanford but the rest??
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2872 on: 27 November, 2017, 10:38:49 pm »

On Sat when the majority are out enjoying the Stansted Airport Express, I'm thinking about joining the Tomsk's clan in Maldon for some beer tasting but fancied a different route to Maldon on perhaps my new CX tyres.... ??  I know there is a bit near Lanford but the rest??

It’s all rideable. Trust me.

« Reply #2873 on: 27 November, 2017, 10:41:48 pm »

Said the man who said the fitch trail wasn't COR

Sent using Tapatalk

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2874 on: 27 November, 2017, 10:49:31 pm »

Have you got a route / track you can link to?  Looking at the Essex PROW its a lot of footpath rather than bridleway  ???
Regards,

Joergen