Author Topic: Wem Trice Weekend T2  (Read 2301 times)

tricerider

Wem Trice Weekend T2
« on: 28 May, 2010, 08:31:12 am »
With the help of a friend, I am currently planning a Trice event over the weekend of 3/4 July.  This will take place at a campsite in Wem, Shropshire. We were over at the proposed venue yesterday and it looks ideal for a Trice event.  We will be staying about 1.5 miles from the small town of Wem, at a campsite called Lower Lacon Caravan Park.  They have showers, a shop, a swimming pool and even hot food!  The place is large, clean and friendly and the staff we talked with were really helpful.  A provisional booking has been made for a 2-night stay commencing Friday 2nd July.  So that they know just how many people to expect, the campsite have asked that we provide numbers within ten days of today (27/05/10) - Please let me know if you are interested.  For now here is a link to the campsite...

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Wem Trice Weekend T2
« Reply #1 on: 28 May, 2010, 12:48:11 pm »
What activities have you in mind?Would it be suitable for a recumbent novice?

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2 on: 30 May, 2010, 03:49:39 pm »
I have commited,as in parted with £,to doing the M/chester-Blackpool BHF ride & then discovered that it clashes with this so will not be attending.
Maybe some other time?

tricerider

« Reply #3 on: 03 June, 2010, 02:10:11 pm »
What activities have you in mind?Would it be suitable for a recumbent novice?
Planning for this event is still at an early stage.  However I believe there will be a short ride Friday afternoon (for those that want it).  A longer ride (30m) on the Saturday, with another shorter ride on the Sunday.  To accommodate the return travel plans of those who attend, the Sunday ride may be split into more than one ride.  As far as this event being suitable for a recumbent novice, the Saturday 30 miler never goes more than seven miles from the campsite…Hope this helps

tricerider

« Reply #4 on: 03 June, 2010, 02:12:29 pm »
Thanks Admin for moving this topic...:thumbsup:

tricerider

« Reply #5 on: 04 June, 2010, 10:26:12 pm »
Please Read  Due to circumstances beyond our control, the provisional booking at Wem is cancelled.  Now for some good news!  The venue has been changed to Green Lane Farm at Prees nr Whitchurch and it's cheaper too!  Tents = £13 per night, caravans with electrical hookup = £15 per night (8 of these available).  All other details remain the same.  Showers and loos have been checked and they are very clean - Nothing else onsite.  However there is a hotel, a cafe, a shop, a Post Office, a bakery and Indian food within two miles of the campsite. 

Campsite details:
Green Lane Farm, Prees nr Whitchurch
Postcode: SY13 2AH
Tel No: 01948/840460

To book, please contact Pauline at the campsite quoting "Trice weekend" and whether you require electrics......

tricerider

« Reply #6 on: 10 June, 2010, 07:28:51 pm »
We visited Green Lane Farm this morning. They have asked that we provide definite numbers by Sunday 13/06/10 - So if you wish to attend this event and have not yet contacted Pauline, please do so ASAP. Can you then email me tricerider(at)msn.com with your details. We have been told that due to the limited space available, it is unlikely the campsite will be able to accept more riders after this coming weekend…

Pauline's contact details -
Green Lane Farm, Prees nr Whitchurch
Tel No: 01948/840460

Many thanks

tricerider

« Reply #7 on: 19 June, 2010, 07:40:58 am »
Prees Trice weekend T2...Only two weeks to go!

« Reply #8 on: 20 June, 2010, 08:39:38 am »
looking forwad to it  :thumbsup:
the slower you go the more you see

tricerider

« Reply #9 on: 30 June, 2010, 10:46:49 pm »
Clicking the following link should give should give you the itinerary for this forthcoming event in .pdf format http://www.mynormallife.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Prees%20Trice%20Weekend%20T2.pdf

tricerider

« Reply #10 on: 05 July, 2010, 12:14:24 pm »
Below are my GPS generated maps of the routes taken on the Prees Trice Weekend.

Saturday 35 mile ride

Sunday 12 mile ride

For some reason Whixall Marina was closed on Sunday morning, so we didn't get to stop for coffee and cakes.  Finally, a BIG thank you to all who attended this event, it would not have been a success without you!

« Reply #11 on: 06 July, 2010, 09:17:00 pm »
a good weekend with interesting company. i had a nice ride up to whitchurch on the friday afternoon and the ride through the estate was a highlight on Saturday   :thumbsup:.we managed to stay dry on sunday and visited the village of tong on the home . thank for a well organized meet
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #12 on: 07 July, 2010, 08:16:26 pm »
It was an excellent weekend. Twelve Trices, a KMX and an ICE B1 all out on a run together, and loads of food before, during and after.  ;D
Never knowingly under caffeinated

tricerider

« Reply #13 on: 09 July, 2010, 10:25:26 am »
Pictures from this event can now be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/40928846@N05/sets/72157624330541453/

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #14 on: 09 July, 2010, 09:40:37 pm »
Good photo's there.  I wish I was fit enough to have been there myself but I'm not and I wasn't so there!
Did you have to tape Cyclemans gob shut to give your ears a rest every few hours? O:-) :demon:
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

tricerider

« Reply #15 on: 10 July, 2010, 03:04:25 pm »
Did you have to tape Cyclemans gob shut to give your ears a rest every few hours? O:-) :demon:
No, I have a semi-tame 10-year old who talks and talks and talks (I'm sure you get the picture) She came back from Prees saying she enjoyed cycleman's company, so something went right between them...

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #16 on: 10 July, 2010, 09:22:03 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Must've been a Hell of a Contest! I'd have liked to see that, from a Safe distance of course :demon:
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!