General Category > OT Knowledge

Getting meter readings from a smart meter

(1/3) > >>

CAMRAMan:
my leccy provider can't accept smart meter readings, but I have such a meter.

I thought there would be a way of getting readings manually from it, but it appears not.

So, does anyone have experience of how to do this?

Kim:
Surely it displays the current reading on the meter?  You may have to press a button to page through different displays first.

Our previous nPower-installed smart meters allowed you to extract the meter reading from a menu option on the remote energy display thinger, even after we changed providers and most of the functionality stopped working.  But our current Robin-Hood-installed ones don't have such an option.  Bit of an omission, that.

CAMRAMan:
I can seem to get the last month's useage when scrolling but not an overall total.

Ham:
Are you looking at the remote device? You need to look (and press buttons) on the meter itself, in all probablity

CAMRAMan:
Tried that, Ham. There doesn't appear to be any active display on the actual meter. Having said that, the meters are rather inaccessible at the moment, so I really should have a closer look.

I'm on a tariff where I can switch without penalty, so I'm probably going to do so to one who can take smart meter readings, but I will need final readings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version