Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Knowledge / Re: Old steel-
« Last post by andyoxon on Today at 04:47:13 pm »
I have 2 old steel road bikes currently in use...

531 ST Double Butted:  Bought new in 1992 as a 'fast tourer'.  Still going strong AFAIA.  Do it all bike, with 32mm tyres +/- muguards.  Good ride. 72 deg HA
501 (1988)  Built up in 2021 from a good condition frame.  Do it all bike, 28mm tyres.  Good ride, but steeper head angle. 74 deg HA.

531ST: Stealth / gravel /summer mode
PXL_531STmg by a oxon, on Flickr

531ST: Winter mode with MGS...
(click to show/hide)

501 - tend to keep mudguards on.

PXL_RRS501 by ao, on Flickr

OT Knowledge / Re: Mixer Tap regulations
« Last post by matthew on Today at 04:44:51 pm »
Depending on where you are the water boards bylaws were replaced with the "The Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999" in England and Wales.

See here https://www.waterregsuk.co.uk/information/water-fittings-regul/ for the guidance.
Bright and sunny here today though slightly overcast at the moment. It has been ideal for the decorator painting my front door. I also just heard the chimes of the ice cream van plying his trade among the youth of the estate and their parents.
OT Knowledge / Mixer Tap regulations
« Last post by Russell on Today at 04:36:17 pm »
I've always understood that water board regulations said that hot water and cold from the rising main should not mix before they exit the tap.  Hence we have mixer taps that have two coaxial chambers in the spout.

However, I have just removed the hot cartridge, dripping don't ya know, and was surprised that when I turned on the cold tap it squirted out of the hot tap cartridge housing. There is no separation and this is a tap that is not very old.

What's going on?
Raining heavily now..  Windy later. Sunny tomorrow.
Online quizzes / Re: Squaredle
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 04:23:42 pm »
I played https://squaredle.com 04/18:
58/58 words (+13 bonus words)
🎯 In the top 26% by accuracy
🔥 Solve streak: 124

I played https://squaredle.com/xp 04/18:
*20/20 words (+2 bonus words)
🎯 In the top 38% by accuracy
Audax / Re: ACME - Suffolk Branch Audaxes 2024
« Last post by Timb on Today at 04:15:21 pm »
Looking forward to this, diy for tomorrow to get me to a family members around the corner and then event and ece booked, routes loaded onto Garmin, cycling kit laid out.  Should be a 500k weekend.  Just need to buy some snacks to get me around.  To the brecks here we come!
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by GdS on Today at 04:01:05 pm »
We will be at the church end of that field, correct?

no I think the photo is taken from the gap into the field where the info is. I would recommend going into the churchyard for a better view afterwards (I couldn't really put the info there), or there may be other gaps in the hedge. You won't see much from the A47 or the turn off it. I did see another large field on the route on the way to Wormegay after the A47 but it was literally being planted as I rode past.

I've never seen fully grown tulips at the location but there are many photos online with the church over the years

There also looked to be a field on the way from Gayton to East Winch  (after Back Lane) on the right near an airstrip on the left.  I have seen tulips here before (in 2019 and was going to send the 2020 route that way but Covid scuppered that). I think all the tulips are grown by Belmont Nurseries although not sure which fields they own if any. They may just rent the fields, not sure If they get used for anything else.

The Press only tend to show the field that's open for charity (and sold out within an hour)
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 04:00:03 pm »
Been slicing up picture frame beading with the mitre saw to make fake panelling for a wardrobe door of peculiar size, which means I can't actually buy a panelled door or even cut one to fit (the cut would go through a panel!)
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by andrewc on Today at 03:51:27 pm »
Watch a few Lockpicking Lawyer videos & buy some picks ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10