Author Topic: Latest Safe Date To Complete SR  (Read 2031 times)

Latest Safe Date To Complete SR
« on: 17 May, 2019, 10:25:06 am »
QUESTION - Oh wise and wonderful ones, when is the latest safe date to complete the qualification SR for PBP please ?

SITUATION - I have a confirmed pre-registration with ACP & completed 3 x BRM's (200, 300 & 400 km) and am booked on a 600 on 22 June. I note that incomplete registrations will be voided on 03 Jul. Is it reasonable to expect an ACP ride validation number to arrive in good time to complete registration ?
I have been in comms with the 600 event organiser and he will be pulling out the stops to ensure the swiftest possible etc etc at his end .... should I be flapping or I am I just being a nervous nellie ?

Let them eat cake

Re: Latest Safe Date To Complete SR
« Reply #1 on: 17 May, 2019, 10:47:29 am »
Already covered elsewhere. But leaving the 600 until the last minute is a luxury well worth having. In hot countries riders lose fitness between the end of qualifying and PBP itself.

Keeping condition topped up is a problem in much of the world, where it's too hot to get out much.

« Reply #2 on: 17 May, 2019, 11:05:02 am »
Thanks ESL, I did a half-arsed search before posting, can you direct me to previous discussion please. Chaarrz.
Let them eat cake

« Reply #3 on: 17 May, 2019, 11:05:37 am »
The one below this thread.

« Reply #4 on: 17 May, 2019, 11:10:05 am »
Seen. Thanks.
Let them eat cake

« Reply #5 on: 17 May, 2019, 11:53:47 am »
I think, in your registration page under the results tab, the BRMs you've completed (and some will be qualifiers) will 'come up' once ACP have homolgated each ride. My 2019 rides are there (less Brevet Cymru 13 days ago, for which results are still 'provisional'). Worth a look.

« Reply #6 on: 17 May, 2019, 12:46:54 pm »
Thanks AB, I'll have a look. ::-)
Let them eat cake

« Reply #7 on: 17 May, 2019, 01:19:55 pm »
I think, in your registration page under the results tab, the BRMs you've completed (and some will be qualifiers) will 'come up' once ACP have homolgated each ride. My 2019 rides are there (less Brevet Cymru 13 days ago, for which results are still 'provisional'). Worth a look.

Note it only works if the "club" the organiser entered with their results matches the club(s) you've registered to your PBP account.

(Also it says no French BRMs show up, which is something of an oversight if accurate. Mine certainly isn't on there, although they mangled the club ACP number)

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #8 on: 17 May, 2019, 06:07:58 pm »
it would be pretty pointless if the event is run as a PBP qualifier and didn't provide a validation number in time. The window for qualifiers is set, so the expectation should be you will get the number in time to complete registration.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #9 on: 20 May, 2019, 10:15:53 pm »

Note it only works if the "club" the organiser entered with their results matches the club(s) you've registered to your PBP account.

(Also it says no French BRMs show up, which is something of an oversight if accurate. Mine certainly isn't on there, although they mangled the club ACP number)
That's odd. I'm sure I'm pbp registered as audax UK. But on the audax UK website I'm Marlow riders. My brevet all seem to be on the pbp site.

Eddington  127miles, 170km