Author Topic: Mid-Essex / Bit of Suffolk 2 night bivvy extravaganza (11th to 13th September)  (Read 28593 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Love the idea of the wheel holding bracket and you are spoilt with so many dynohubs! Lucky man...

I'm the Imelda Marcos of dynohubs  ;D

Fact of the day (from Wikipedia, so must be true!), Imelda Marcos and her husband Ferdinand hold the Guinness World Record for the Greatest Robbery of a Government

If only they'd of stuck to buying dynohubs...

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
Love the idea of the wheel holding bracket and you are spoilt with so many dynohubs! Lucky man...

Nine dynohubs for my fleet.

I'd love to see the business justification for the 9th addition ... and the proven benefits realisation ... or maybe that is why you 'only' have 9  :)

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)

A mere 5 in this household...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Seven dynohubs between HK and I, mostly Shimano but a couple of Schmidt.

Edit: eight, forgot HK’s dyno trike wheel.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Just 3 dynamos in this household. Two son and one Shimano.

Oscar's dad

If there's an award for yacf thread gone off on the biggest tangent I think we'd be in with a chance now that we have descended into dynohub willy waving.  What have I started...?  ;D

Ha ha ha, that's funny.  :-D
Spa Cycles ahev just informed me, after ordering on Sunday, that they are out of stock of my light(s).
Boo Hoo.

Now they are saying end of November. And that's an estimate. I might look somewhere else.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Now they are saying end of November. And that's an estimate. I might look somewhere else.

Did you try all teh Eu places Germany & Netherlands ?
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

Mine arrived from Rose last week.

No. Any suggestions?

This lot? Thanks, hadn't heard of them before. You peeps are much more knowledgeable regarding where to buy bike stuff than I am. Also, is there some unwritten rule about the silver IQ-X being a no-no?

Also, is there some unwritten rule about the silver IQ-X being a no-no?

Not if your other components are silver ...

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
I went for a silver IQ-X from a German site for my Genesis on the basis of it being cheaper... the black one may (or may not) look better, but functionally it's the same bit of kit.

Oscar's dad

This lot? Thanks, hadn't heard of them before. You peeps are much more knowledgeable regarding where to buy bike stuff than I am. Also, is there some unwritten rule about the silver IQ-X being a no-no?

That's them.  The silver ones are a bit cheaper, I have 2 of them now so if they are a no-no then I'm in double trouble.

Also, is there some unwritten rule about the silver IQ-X being a no-no?

Not if your other components are silver ...
Ha ha! SO THERE IS ONE!!

I went for a silver IQ-X from a German site for my Genesis on the basis of it being cheaper... the black one may (or may not) look better, but functionally it's the same bit of kit.
This is exactly the way I think.

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
This is exactly the way I think.
The last ones ordered from Rose - ordered on 4th Nov, Shipped on the 6th (untracked, but did recieve notification of delivery), delivered by DHL contracter on 10th. Was part of an expensive order in a small box so delivery seems quicker than orders involving larger bits from same supplier with the same courier.

Thank you, BFC - I think I will go with Rose.

OK, I will order this evening. I know I go on a bit but do I just need to order the lights (IQ-X and Secula) or do I need a mounting bracket for the IQ-X or extra wiring for the Secula (that comes with a bracket?) Also, will speaker wire do for the wiring as I have loads of that?

Thanks,Nick.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
OK, I will order this evening. I know I go on a bit but do I just need to order the lights (IQ-X and Secula) or do I need a mounting bracket for the IQ-X or extra wiring for the Secula (that comes with a bracket?) Also, will speaker wire do for the wiring as I have loads of that?

Thanks,Nick.

Yes, speaker (Bell) wire will be fine.

Usually most stuff is with the lights for mounting, assume you have a crown hole to mount onto?
Regards,

Joergen

Nick, I'm not sure if they have made any changes to the IQ-X mount but the first ones that came out had a habit of the joints coming a bit loose. A bit of temp strength Threadlock fixed it for me.
I have 2 IQ-X's and am super happy with them as a light. One is Silver one is Black and I can confirm they both functions exactly the same  ;D

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
Secula comes with wire and fixes with a wide cable tie, also included.

Any old twin core wire will be ok, but mine was tatty and I acquired some from decathlon, click and collect or delivery, for a couple of quid.

Thank you all!
Jibers, no hole in the crown that I can see!  ???
tippers, good to know, I'll have the threadlock at the ready and I ordered the black one in the end, due to peer pressure.  :-D
Carlos, cheers and I have miles of twin core at home so that should give me enough goes at getting it right!!  :thumbsup: