Author Topic: Challenge 'improve' idlers  (Read 5949 times)

Re: Challenge 'improve' idlers
« Reply #25 on: 12 April, 2010, 06:23:16 pm »
LOL!  I already drilled holes for water egress, tailbox mounting, and glued plywood/fibreglass bottle cage mounts to the seat also.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

arallsopp

• Beansontoast
    • Barring Mechanicals Blog
« Reply #26 on: 12 April, 2010, 06:38:49 pm »
LOL!  I already drilled holes for water egress, tailbox mounting, and glued plywood/fibreglass bottle cage mounts to the seat also.

I know... I'm most envious of that bottle mount. Very neat piece of work, that :)
Love words, hate lulu? Buy "Barring Mechanicals" on Amazon UK or US

« Reply #27 on: 12 April, 2010, 06:41:19 pm »
Why thank you!  If you ever decide you're ready to mutilate your seat, I'd be happy to make you a pair.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #28 on: 17 May, 2010, 07:07:05 pm »
Terracycles stuff is very nice. Thought I struggle to see how idlers can be model specific?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

arallsopp

• Beansontoast
    • Barring Mechanicals Blog
« Reply #29 on: 18 May, 2010, 09:29:46 am »
I struggle to see how idlers can be model specific?

The idlers themselves are at varying diameters, as the distance between the ideal chainline and the mounting spindle (on drive side idlers particularly) often vary between models. A lot of terracycle kits include the mounts too, and these are almost all model specific. Some use drive/return on the same spindle, some allow inboard/outboard movement, all seem to vary even within a manufacturer.

I know on this last point, 'cos the 2010 Challenge idlers I've been given to fit to the 'bent won't actually fit my 2009 model Furai.

Love words, hate lulu? Buy "Barring Mechanicals" on Amazon UK or US