Author Topic: Canterbury-based new triker wants ride companions  (Read 1601 times)

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Canterbury-based new triker wants ride companions
« on: 30 May, 2015, 09:20:55 am »
Hi folks.

A lady has contacted me through my blog thus:

Dear Auntie Helen
I have just bought an ICE trike and want to find  a touring friend. Could you be interested? I am a retired female.  Do you have one of those old fashioned things we used to know as 'telephone numbers' where one could have something called a 'conversation'. The CTC gave me your web page.
Cheers
Ann

I replied:
Hi Ann,

I would happily ride with you but I think there might be a slight problem with geography - I am currently living in the Niederrhein area of Germany.

If it just so happens that you are here in Nordrhein-Westfalen then let me know and we can arrange something, but I guess if you've been talking to the CTC you're still in the UK.

I do have some other recumbent contacts in the UK so if you let me know where you are I might know some people who would like to join you for a ride.

Auntie Helen

and I just received back

Dear Helen
Thank you for your reply. I am in Canterbury in Kent but I am happy to travel with my trike in the car to where it can be ridden.  I would welcome some UK contacts . I have been looking at tours in Germany so need not rule that out either.  Which part of Germany are you in? Excuse my ignorance.
In reading more about you I discover that we have two things in common. I have got a trike because of trouble with my right arm and I was involved with publishing.
Thanks again.
Cheers
Ann

From her first message I'm not sure she's a forum type of person (probably more keen on telephones!) but does anyone know of trikers in the Canterbury area or further who might be interested in riding with her?
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Re: Canterbury-based new triker wants ride companions
« Reply #1 on: 30 May, 2015, 11:16:49 am »
Could be worth having a word with

http://www.fortypluscc.co.uk/ as they operate in Kent amongst other places.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: 08 June, 2015, 05:06:58 pm »
hi
Please relay to the lady wanting trike mates.
I have recently bought an ICE trike and am keen to ride with others. Unfortunally I am not in Kent. However if she is ever in north worcestershire area or in the mid wales area please get in touch and we can ride together.
I am also going on a Germany cycle tour holiday with 2 others, one of which is a recumbant trike,  it starts sunday 21st June. If she wants to come get in touch urgently.

« Reply #3 on: 08 June, 2015, 08:43:22 pm »
Also I could do some rides with should she ever get near the slough Windsor area :)
the slower you go the more you see

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4 on: 08 June, 2015, 09:33:31 pm »
The BHPC are at Fowlmead, near Deal, on August 8/9 - see http://www.bhpc.org.uk/Events/2015.aspx.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime