Author Topic: Gwyn Jones  (Read 1344 times)

ABlipInContinuity

Gwyn Jones
« on: 01 September, 2008, 02:16:38 pm »
Does anyone know of a coach company called Gwyn Jones?

Green liveried coaches?

I've googled and yelled but I get more than one hit. I want to write them a complaint letter after a driver of one of their coaches, S1 SXE, yesterday flashed his lights, tailgated, drove eratically and dangerously behind me whilst I was waiting for a safe and legal place (double solid white lines, very twisty roads) to overtake a cyclist on the A6 leaving Matlock Bath towards Derby.

I had my two sons in the car and I found it quite unnerving.

Re: Gwyn Jones
« Reply #1 on: 01 September, 2008, 04:55:25 pm »
Can't you just tell the police?
if they get enough complaints they may do something

Or log it here: BetterDrivingPlease - Help Make Our Roads a Safer Place, report reckless and dangerous drivers
Never knowingly under caffeinated

« Reply #2 on: 01 September, 2008, 05:31:38 pm »
Does telling the police achieve anything (specifically with non-corrocoration complaints about road users) ?

I don't know where ABIC lives but I bet the complaint wouldn't get passed on to Hertfordshire Police HQ so it would probably remain as a single complaint and remain filed.

I'm sure the best approach is as per original and try to track down the company and write to them.

I was appalled recently when I followed a van, logo'd for a registered charity for people with a disablity, driving in the outer lane for over 3 miles for no reason at all. When it eventually pulled in I saw the driver had a mobile phone held to his right ear.

I emailed the charity that evening. I was thanked and they said they would forward it to the company that they use for collections.

I'm not naive enough to believe that anything will come of it but ....

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #3 on: 01 September, 2008, 09:02:06 pm »
I had a bit of annoyance from a coach driver last year. On the Trice coming down the A6 the road leading to a roundabout goes into 2 lanes. Left lane is for the M6 and the right lane is for other exits (Painted on the road as such!) The driver of a coach, responsible for all the passengers inside it, was horning me and yelling out the window to move across into the Motorway lane and get out of his way " we're not on the Bloody continent" was his shout! I telephoned the company (Travellers Choice in Carnforth near Morecambe) and asked to speak to the M.D. Gave him the time, the coach reg Number and the tale of things and he promised me that he would have "Stern Words" with the driver and I genuinely believed him. Since then I have had plenty of experiences with said Coach company and not one has been worrying so something must have worked!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!