Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: The Good News / Bad News Thread
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 07:37:01 am »
BN - due to not thinking ahead had to order book for wife's birthday from amazon as won't be able to get to my LBS and in this case B is book
GN having not used amazon for ages since got a work voucher from them got a 5 quid off voucher and eligible for free prime trial again
BN set a alarm for just under 30 days to cancel prime, as did it on clock not calendar shows an alarm icon at top of phone which is annoying as that normally means gotta get up for work
If you cancel it as soon as you've received your goods, it'll remain valid for 30 days before automatically self-cancelling.

Thanks, I'll probably take advantage of the prime TV for the 30 days as well

Last time did this the pressure to not leave was mad, listed all the stuff you would not linger have access to. Seemed to just stop short of saying your kids will hate you
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by IanDG on Today at 07:29:58 am »
Tunnel of Love - Dire Straits
The Pub / Re: eBay rant
« Last post by robgul on Today at 07:14:16 am »
If it works with Opera and not with Firefox, I'd keep checking for further Firefox updates. There is often a small patch a day after a large patch.

Yep did that - very strange as later on (about 5 hours) it worked fine - I'd done nothing at my end.  Firefox is still showing the same version number. A mystery.
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 07:10:14 am »
Fairground - Simply Red
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 07:00:52 am »
Clare - Fairground Attraction
Health & Fitness / Re: The path to regaining fitness
« Last post by Andy W on Today at 06:19:45 am »
Its just not happening. Nearly five weeks sìnce i had a Turp operation and although that area seems to have healed very well i find myself unbelievably tired. For context , im 63 and am a builder, currently working full time. I returnred to work 10 days after op. and took it easy for a week. Im finding that although im able to direct others, problem solve as well as carry out often very physical tasks . This is what ive done for 35 years. Its as though quite suddenly ive aged. Ive no spare energy for cycling or running. Its work or cycle/run i cant do both anymore. It may not be the op. perhaps its natural that im bound to slow down but it seems quite sudden. My wife would like me to stop work after this current project and focus on personal wellness.
Ive worked in construction, run and cycled all my life and now ive to choose it seems.
« Last post by Mobbsy on Today at 05:46:35 am »
Planet Clare - B52s
« Last post by Gaston Lagaffe on Today at 05:43:31 am »
Planet Earth - Duran Duran
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Gaston Lagaffe on Today at 05:35:35 am »
Wordle 1,040 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟩🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

#LeMOT 837 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟦
⬜🟧⬜🟧🟧
⬜🟧⬜🟧🟧
⬜🟧🟦🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧
#LeMotLeJeu

https://www.solitaire-play.com/lemot/

Ddrescue is your friend.

J

Thought that Ddrescue is for damaged data, this isn't damaged.

Going to try the latest hirens tomorrow....and see what there is
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10