Author Topic: Nikon Camera - Tamron lens adaptor advice please  (Read 3083 times)

Nikon Camera - Tamron lens adaptor advice please
« on: 11 August, 2020, 02:18:54 pm »
My daughter has  Nikon D3200 camera and we have a Tamron 80-210 CF Tele Macro 103A lens (with Adaptall 2).  Is it possible to buy an adaptor to enable one to be used with the other and what would the limitations be?

Any help would be appreciated as we know nothing!!!

Thanks

Re: Nikon Camera - Tamron lens adaptor advice please
« Reply #1 on: 11 August, 2020, 03:34:10 pm »
Yes you can get adaptors from about £10 unbranded to spendy.

I use K&F Concept adaptors for my Olympus Digital to OM lens adaptors and they have been fine and not too expensive (£20 to £30). K&F Concept do an Adaptall 2 to Nikon F which is what you want:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Concept-Adaptall2-Adaptall-2-adaptall-adapterll/dp/B00LECY3XS/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=k%26f+adaptall&qid=1597156084&sr=8-2

If you do mount the Adaptall 2 lens on the D3200 it will be a manual only lens so no auto focus. You will need to manually set the aperture on the lens and put the camera in shutter speed priority mode. It should then work out what shutter speed you need. It least that's how it works when you do it with Olympus cameras and I expect Nikons are the same. You will need to use manual focus as well.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Re: Nikon Camera - Tamron lens adaptor advice please
« Reply #2 on: 11 August, 2020, 04:25:10 pm »
Thank you, a very useful answer.  She'll now have to decide if it's what she wants.