Author Topic: Respect!  (Read 2603 times)

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
Respect!
« on: 11 April, 2010, 07:17:49 pm »
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Re: Respect!
« Reply #1 on: 24 April, 2010, 09:28:55 pm »
One of the few things on which I agree with lots of USofA cyclists e.g.

"Originally Posted by Joe West
Just wondering how many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment? Here in Arizona we can legally carry open and concealed (concealed with permit).

For long distance touring and bicycle camping... I think I'd feel safer carrying my .45 semi-auto pistol (concealed so it doesn't freak people out).

Anyone else carry while biking?"

I would if legal. Why should only the bad guys be allowed to defend themselves?
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

« Reply #2 on: 25 April, 2010, 04:18:40 pm »
Defend against what ? When was the last time a cyclist was randomly attacked in the UK whilst touring or camping ? You couldn't use it against cars that past to close or turned across you.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Zoidburg

« Reply #3 on: 25 April, 2010, 08:22:48 pm »
Not having rattle snakes and various other bitey things in the UK I don't feel the need to go about armed to the teeth.

If I did need a gun because of two legged predators I wouldn't go cycle touring there in the first place.

« Reply #4 on: 27 April, 2010, 02:14:01 pm »
I did enough damage carrying a penknife! I hate to think what I'd manage with a gun ::-). It's not as though the bad guys carry guns generally, and those that do are going to be a lot nastier about it than me, anyway. I'm glad you can't oncemore - I feel a lot happier with fewer guns around.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #5 on: 27 April, 2010, 02:20:30 pm »
I did enough damage carrying a penknife!

I remmeber that one..
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes