Author Topic: AUK / PBP in Cycling Weekly  (Read 1690 times)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
AUK / PBP in Cycling Weekly
« on: 28 September, 2021, 03:26:47 pm »
Does anyone have a copy of Cycling Weekly from either last week or the week before, which I'm told hold contain a decent sized article about AUK and PBP, featuring various AUK members?

I spent a lot of time helping the journalist researching the piece earlier this year but I was away when it appeared and completely missed it. If anyone does have a copy that they could scan in, or post here in some way, I'd love to see it.

Thanks
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Re: AUK / PBP in Cycling Weekly
« Reply #1 on: 28 September, 2021, 09:05:49 pm »
It's not in this week's.

« Reply #2 on: 28 September, 2021, 09:49:16 pm »
A search online reveals it’s the 9th September edition you want.

jpd

« Reply #3 on: 29 September, 2021, 04:56:13 am »
Not sure if you have a local library card. Press Reader (https://pressreader.com/) has back issues of Cycling Weekly. 

Most UK libraries have a subscription allowing you to login into their site with your library card.

« Reply #4 on: 29 September, 2021, 07:16:22 am »
Does anyone have a copy of Cycling Weekly from either last week or the week before, which I'm told hold contain a decent sized article about AUK and PBP, featuring various AUK members?

I spent a lot of time helping the journalist researching the piece earlier this year but I was away when it appeared and completely missed it. If anyone does have a copy that they could scan in, or post here in some way, I'd love to see it.

Thanks

It’s not a size that I can scan, but if you pm me your address I’ll happily post the relevant pages to you.

« Reply #5 on: 03 October, 2021, 07:36:10 pm »
Tried my old library card number on Press Reader and it worked a treat.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #6 on: 04 October, 2021, 07:08:39 am »
Giropaul has very kindly sent me a copy. It's a good piece, with several regular from this parish quoted.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

ppg

« Reply #7 on: 04 October, 2021, 07:27:36 am »
If you cannot get CW via Pressreader (I couldn't) then Libby works fine - we access both via our library's website (West Somerset)
(It seems Pressreader is for newspapers and Libby for mags)

The article is well worth a read