Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Rides and Touring / Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Last post by jiberjaber on Today at 09:09:32 pm »
Millibar?
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by dace on Today at 09:09:12 pm »
I added the controls for myself here https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/261808609
If others want to use it, I think, this only works for Garmin devices and only using 'send to device'.

I don't take responsibility for misplaced controls! :)
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 09:08:44 pm »
I ventured out on foot to walk round Dinas Island. It was a lovely day and I was wearing too many clothes. I saw choughs, ravens, a linnet and quite a few meadow pipits. There was quite a bit of climbing - there is a trig point at 142 metres elevation- and my legs can feel that I have been out. Only about 3 miles I think, but it took me over 2 hours.

I am about to reward myself with a large slice of coffee and walnut cake followed by beer.
« Last post by MsG on Today at 09:05:38 pm »
I’ve signed up this evening so will attempt to add the controls to the route file once received :)
What seems to work best is adding them as custom cues, exporting as a fit file and copying across to the Garmin (plugged into computer). A little tedious but also provides a cue sheet.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by toontra on Today at 09:05:10 pm »
The chances of catching anything you like "live" on R4x are pretty remote but it's a good source of quirky historic drama on Sounds that I regularly subscribe to.  That's pretty much how I listen to R4 itself these days - gone is the need to quickly switch off at 7.50am and 2.05pm.
« Last post by GdS on Today at 08:58:30 pm »
Yes I am the organiser  :)

I sent the control distances and locations out with the GPX and route sheet as I know many people don't use route sheets. The Hemingford Abbots control is by a phone box (which probably isn't one any more). It is slap bang in the middle of the village!

Sorry I've not had much luck embedding controls within the GPX last time I tried people said they couldn't see them
« Last post by dace on Today at 08:50:54 pm »
@GdS, are you the organiser? Is it possible to get a route file with info controls marked? I am trying to put them myself based on the route sheet. But the route sheet seems rather vague and the distance is probably not exact. For example, for the last one Hemingford Abbots, 198km is already out of the village and on Google Street view there isn't a phone box there. I see a phone box (now a library) at ~196.7km. I am concerned I will miss the info controls or spend too much time looking for them if I don't know their exact location :/
Caption It / Re: Caption It #2078
« Last post by meddyg on Today at 08:36:30 pm »
"Godssake, Apollo, just ask the GP for the blue pills.
At your age, it's very common - so don't be embarrassed."
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio recommendations
« Last post by Tim Hall on Today at 08:34:04 pm »
As well as The Daily Service and Yesterday in Parliament (see whinge elsewhere) 4Extra has been broadcasting The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists, an edition first aired in 1989. I think I read somewhere this broadcast is to mark what would have been Brian Glover's 90th birthday. He plays Bob Crass. Frank Owen is played by Mark Straker and Grouty Peter Vaughan portrays Adam Sweater.  On BBC Sounds. Obvs. 
Rides and Touring / Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Last post by Tomsk on Today at 08:26:37 pm »
Sorry, just found out the quiz has been cancelled.

Spiritual Home anyway, or are there any other bright ideas?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10