Author Topic: Garmin nüvi 765T  (Read 1673 times)

Garmin nüvi 765T
« on: 29 October, 2008, 03:08:44 pm »
Not sure if this should be here or in OT Knowledge.

I want a GPS unit for the car as I travel to see some suppliers and I get lost easily  :-[

I was thinking about a Garmin nüvi 765T.

Anyone got one, or other recommendations?

TIA.  :thumbsup:

Paul

Thor

• Super-sonnicus idioticus
Re: Garmin nüvi 765T
« Reply #1 on: 29 October, 2008, 04:23:07 pm »
I have a Garmin Nuvi 250 - which is a much cheaper model than yours - £84 on Amazon.  It works well, is intuitive to use and comes with full European mapping.  So far it has navigated us competently around Mallorca and Northern Ireland and the map detail was commendable.

I suppose the maps will get out of date in time and downloading new ones may be expensive.  But it's been a good purchase and good value.
It was a day like any other in Ireland, only it wasn't raining

« Reply #2 on: 29 October, 2008, 04:29:09 pm »
Thanks Thor.

I quite fancy the Garmin as it gets consistently good write ups and some of my friends say that the build quality is excellent.

Just wanted a few more opinions before I splashed the cash.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3 on: 30 October, 2008, 08:58:38 am »
If you wanted one that is easy to use, then surely the Tom Tom would be the way to go?

Morgan Computers have the Tomtom One at £59.99 and the Go 520 at £89.99 (both Ex VAT)

Or they have the Navman N60i, with European maps for £99.99, I have a Navman ICN510 and it is great, aparet from the 5 digit postcode issue (which is not an issue with the N60i, as it does 8 digit postcodes.)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State