Author Topic: How to set/amend proximity alerts  (Read 1520 times)

Lycra Man

• SR 2011, 2012 & RRTY
How to set/amend proximity alerts
« on: 07 December, 2008, 05:34:40 pm »
I have a Etrex Legend Cx, and have finally got it working to my satisfaction (after over a year of ownership). I bought MetroGuide maps, and did not realise that MetroGuide maps do not allow follow road. I persevered and then lost heart. It was not until reading of the download that turns this function on that I finally got my toy working. I bought it to help me with navigation of Audax (and other leisure/training) routes. 

So, to my question. I cannot find how to adjust the proximity setting for a junction alert, and sometimes it goes off too early, bringing about a mis-navigation because two junctions are very close together.

I did a search, and someone suggested Setup > Proximity > waypoints but when I looked on my Legend Cx, there was no Proximity option on the Setup screen.

I could try Routes / Off Road Transition, as someone else suggested.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Lycra Man

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: How to set/amend proximity alerts
« Reply #1 on: 07 December, 2008, 11:29:36 pm »
I honestly don't think you'll find what you're looking for.  It is odd, that when so much else is configurable, the 'warning' time/distance isn't.

Proximity is not under Setup, its under Main Menu.  But in any case its not much use, best ignored IMO.

I haven't found any way of altering the Early Warning or Final Warning times.  The Final warning seems fixed at around 10 secs and the Early warning seems very arbitrary.  In fact I turn the Early warning off, it only adds confusion on a busy route.

Routes/Off road Transition seems your best bet - I haven't really experimented with it but you can set up a distance threshold here - but it will only work in Off-road mode I suppose.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

inc

Re: How to set/amend proximity alerts
« Reply #2 on: 08 December, 2008, 03:06:21 pm »
I think you first have to define the waypoint  on the proximity waypoints page, you can then also select the distance and tone.