Author Topic: Accurate but misleading movie descriptions  (Read 1542 times)

Accurate but misleading movie descriptions
« on: 22 October, 2011, 11:33:25 am »
I just come across a site with accurate synopses of films, but that are totally misleading about what you'll see. For example

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with three strangers to kill again.
(click to show/hide)

Disaffected farm boy destroys military installation, killing thousands
(click to show/hide)

A bewildered teenage boy fends off his mother's disturbing and unnatural attraction to him.
(click to show/hide)

John Scalzi - An Experiment in Accurate But Misleading Movie Descriptions.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Accurate but misleading movie descriptions
« Reply #1 on: 22 October, 2011, 11:45:28 am »
Very good  ;D
(I got the first 2.)

On a similar tack, there was summat on the radio yesterday about misleading trailers. A lady went to see The Driver expecting something more Fast and Furious. She was complaining that there was far less car chase action than promised. I think she had a point, but should probably have done a bit more research.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
Re: Accurate but misleading movie descriptions
« Reply #2 on: 26 October, 2011, 05:21:47 pm »
Very good  ;D
(I got the first 2.)

On a similar tack, there was summat on the radio yesterday about misleading trailers. A lady went to see The Driver expecting something more Fast and Furious. She was complaining that there was far less car chase action than promised. I think she had a point, but should probably have done a bit more research.

Ironically I didn't go to see The Driver precisely because the trailer promised it was a Fast and Furious clone, by the time I saw reviews saying it wasn't it had already left my local cinema.