Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 876907 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #4550 on: 03 May, 2021, 05:23:54 pm »
Isn't a cyclist pushing a bike a pedestrian anyway or does that only count on public roads?

AIUI they are 'in charge of a carriage' while the wheels are on the ground.

They can push a bicycle ACROSS a pedestrian crossing, but not cross a stop line at a red traffic light.

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #4551 on: 03 May, 2021, 07:00:10 pm »
Are buggies exempt on wheel size? I seem to remember a pram is also a carriage in law.

A bunch of bikes Dlocked to the gate would buy enough time to walk to the cafe, get a cup and walk back.  :demon:
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

Davef

« Reply #4552 on: 04 May, 2021, 02:28:42 pm »
Are buggies exempt on wheel size? I seem to remember a pram is also a carriage in law.

A bunch of bikes Dlocked to the gate would buy enough time to walk to the cafe, get a cup and walk back.  :demon:
As far as I can see the particular permissive right of way that was mainly used by cyclists is now closed to everyone.

« Reply #4553 on: 05 May, 2021, 10:06:03 pm »
Boris Johnson.

UK sends Royal Navy to patrol Jersey port amid fishing row https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57003069

"The prime minister held talks with Jersey's Chief Minister John Le Fondré and Minister of External Affairs Ian Gorst, and "stressed the urgent need for a de-escalation in tensions" between Jersey and France."

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #4554 on: 05 May, 2021, 10:19:30 pm »
The start of the Clod War.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4555 on: 06 May, 2021, 01:02:14 am »
Sending a gunboat does not exactly fit most people’s notions of “de-escalation” but then again Bloody Stupid Johnson uses words in much the same way as Humpty Dumpty.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #4556 on: 06 May, 2021, 05:57:18 am »
I'm sure that all those French fishermen and women are quaking in their oilskins. 

This past few days has been a very orchestrated "look at us" tory parade and this feels just as manufactured.  If the French decided to send in their navy or air force then we'd see the true constitution of an eton mess.

« Reply #4557 on: 06 May, 2021, 06:02:56 am »
Anyone would think there are elections today

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #4558 on: 06 May, 2021, 06:51:44 am »
Oh dear.  The last time we sent the Gunboats in over a fishing spat we were roundly trounced by chaps in hand knitted woollen jerseys who were busy doing their day job as well as thumbing their noses at the R.N.  Will someone *please*  bung SETI/NASA/Tesla Boy a few quid and ask them to search for intelligent life in the Tory party/Downing St?  *sigh*
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #4559 on: 06 May, 2021, 08:20:12 am »

Well, it worked for Thatcher, so why not?
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4560 on: 06 May, 2021, 08:39:55 am »

Well, it worked for Thatcher, so why not?

What next, they’ll send Max “Hitler” Hastings to liberate St. Helier?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #4561 on: 06 May, 2021, 08:43:44 am »
The French only have twice the number of frigates that the UK has. Quaking I'm sure.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #4562 on: 06 May, 2021, 09:51:47 am »
Oh dear.  The last time we sent the Gunboats in over a fishing spat we were roundly trounced by chaps in hand knitted woollen jerseys who were busy doing their day job as well as thumbing their noses at the R.N.  Will someone *please*  bung SETI/NASA/Tesla Boy a few quid and ask them to search for intelligent life in the Tory party/Downing St?  *sigh*

The single 20mm Oerlikon cannon on the Batch 1 River Class patrol boats is unlikely to frighten anyone more than 100m away from those boats. 'Gunboat' is strictly true, but this is a WW1 (yes, One) design of gun, not some modern radar-laid and tracking weapon which might actually do some damage. It's intended to 'fire warning shots' only. These boats are mainly a maritime flagpole.

Davef

« Reply #4563 on: 06 May, 2021, 09:55:02 am »
You have to have admiration for whoever manipulated the the French fishermen into blockading the port at St Helier exactly on polling day.

If only the carrier strike group hadn’t set sail last week.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #4564 on: 06 May, 2021, 10:30:29 am »

I bet the Blundering Buffoon hasn't taken into account the fact that many of the Tory gammon will have already voted by post ('cos they're scared of going to the polling booth, what with Covid and The Forrenz)...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

citoyen

« Reply #4565 on: 06 May, 2021, 09:58:27 pm »

ian

« Reply #4566 on: 10 May, 2021, 03:06:29 pm »
West Midland's Trains who sent their workers a you've-got-a-bonus email that was, in fact, a cyber-security test to see if they'd click a link.

Uber-cunts.

« Reply #4567 on: 12 May, 2021, 01:25:18 pm »
He's been dubbed 'sexually incontinent'. Now it seems the same applies to his bills: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57087274
<i>Marmite slave</i>

citoyen

« Reply #4568 on: 12 May, 2021, 01:42:35 pm »
He's been dubbed 'sexually incontinent'. Now it seems the same applies to his bills: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57087274

This is not news. His profligacy has been known about since the early days of his career as a journalist. Just a shame it has taken this long for it to start catching up with him.

ian

« Reply #4569 on: 12 May, 2021, 01:55:24 pm »
Remember kids, the Conservatives are the party of fiscal prudence and responsibility. You wouldn't trust Labour to balance your budget.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4570 on: 12 May, 2021, 03:49:00 pm »
Remember kids, the Conservatives are the party of fiscal prudence and responsibility. You wouldn't trust Labour to balance your budget.
I believe that the evidence would suggest that Labour have always managed to be more successful at balancing the budget than any conservative government has achieved. Sorry, I didn’t mean to bring facts into it. Sorry. Sorry. <fx:backs away quietly>
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4571 on: 12 May, 2021, 04:00:20 pm »

Funny but it's only ever tories and their media fanbous who tell us this but somehow the cap-doffing peasants believe it.  How come peasants are so gullible?

« Reply #4572 on: 12 May, 2021, 04:49:02 pm »
Isn't that always the way with people who suffer years of the most extreme abuse ?
Rust never sleeps

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4573 on: 12 May, 2021, 05:08:13 pm »
Tories also sell our stuff in an attempt to balance the budget.  It's the only way they know.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #4574 on: 12 May, 2021, 05:41:42 pm »

Funny but it's only ever tories and their media fanbous who tell us this but somehow the cap-doffing peasants believe it.  How come peasants are so gullible?

Remnants of British puritanism and the notion of harsh medicine doing us the most good.

Obviously bollocks, but given that we outsource our decision making once every 5 years with a single X to whoever manages to put on the best act of appearing to act in our interests, I don't suppose it's a notion that many stop to question.