Author Topic: 60 sit ups in a minute challenge  (Read 1857 times)

annie

60 sit ups in a minute challenge
« on: 15 November, 2008, 09:00:46 am »
For those of you that want an extra challenge or are perhaps finding the push up challenge a little too much for the wrists or shoulders then you might be interested in giving this a go.

60 Situps in a Minute Challenge: The 60 Situps in a Minute Challenge

Re: 60 sit ups in a minute challenge
« Reply #1 on: 16 November, 2008, 12:24:07 pm »
I don't think it is a good target: rate is too fast to maintain proper technique for avoidance of injury.

« Reply #2 on: 16 November, 2008, 02:33:18 pm »
I had a go at the start up thing and it did seem odd, that I couldn't do them very quickly, but never felt taxed doing sit ups for a minute. I didn't have anywhere to support my feet though. The reccommendation of my having a day or so recovery seemed a bit much because I never really felt that I'd done anything that warranted any recovery.
I managed 23 in the minute, so I might have a go at getting 60, just for fun. I'm not sure that supporting the feet is the way to go for an abdominal exercise, so I won't bother. I'd have thought that you would want to isolate your core strength and abs. Wouldn't having your feet supported use your leg muscles too?

As someone said in the press up challenge thread. Good technique is more important than speed. Think Charles Atlas. Speed will come in time.

« Reply #3 on: 28 November, 2008, 01:27:27 pm »
I took this at school and managed just over 110 (count was disputed, but agreed it was over 110). I had someone sitting on my feet. At that speed you are bouncing back off the floor.

I could barely move for several days.

Not sure I could manage 20 now!
<i>Marmite slave</i>