Author Topic: Pictures of your 'bent(s)  (Read 18364 times)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
Pictures of your 'bent(s)
« on: 27 June, 2020, 12:26:07 pm »
Unlike other forums, there doesn't appear to be a section for this.,  its Saturday, its raining heavy, and I'm bored.   ::-)

IMG_1244 by mark tilley, on Flickr

IMG_1308 by mark tilley, on Flickr

Re: Pictures of your 'bent(s)
« Reply #1 on: 27 June, 2020, 01:48:00 pm »
It's a bit rainy to take photos today, but here's some taken (much) earlier:

2 x 4 Lowracer:

Windcheetah:

M5 Citymate:

The first LWB I built (lent out for a charity ride just after it had featured as Joseph's 'Golden Chariot' in a production of Joseph and his Technicolor Dreamcoat, for which I added the canopy):

A SWB I made:

A 'Flevobike/Python type' I made (virtually unrideable):

I like this game...  :D

:smug:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 27 June, 2020, 02:20:25 pm »
SMGT Tourer:

Optima Baron low-racer:

And barakta's ICE Sprint:

« Reply #3 on: 27 June, 2020, 02:26:48 pm »
SMGT Tourer:

OOOOh. When were you at Happisburgh (pronounced "Hayes bra")?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 27 June, 2020, 02:52:09 pm »
Carried on up the coast after the Dun Run last year.  Didn't get very far, on account of tendonitis, but I did confirm that the only things that have changed in Great Yarmouth since my gran lived there in the 80s were the addition of some magic paint cycle lanes, the roller-skating rink has become a "retro" roller-skating rink, and the chips are now served in polystyrene boxes, rather than newspaper.

Arellcat

• Velonautte
« Reply #5 on: 27 June, 2020, 02:55:42 pm »
My current stable is my Lightning P-38 (albeit still wearing a bodged ex-Raleigh Twenty fork1, after I broke the original last summer):

Bruntsfield biking by beqi, on Flickr

1 In a lurid 1970s metallic green that gives me the boak

and my carbon Quest:

Charge! by beqi, on Flickr

In days past, I have had:

Windcheetah

Speedmachine – a few months ago I almost managed to buy this bike back from the guy I sold it to, but the rotter wouldn't wait.

RANS V2 F26 – sporting 400 miles of Erie Canal trail dust

M5 M Racer – this one belonged to the University of Liverpool's Dept of Mechanical Engineering, but I modified it anyway.
Quote from: Morningsider
I like that you think any of your conveyances might qualify as "a disguise".

« Reply #6 on: 27 June, 2020, 04:31:05 pm »
This is my Lightning p-38 my recumbent of choice now. I also own a Nazca Fuego which is currently in storage. Thought I’d sold it last year but after some time wasters it went into storage for winter then Covid-19 arrived.

Six 200km audaxes on it this year before lockdown hit. It’s currently seeing one or  two 100km rides a week plus a few shorter ones.

Decorated for Christmas rides including the Santa Special 200km audax

I bought a frame kit last year, then built it up. Drive train is off my old mtn bike , retired due to frame reaching end of life.  Wheels I built myself.  It has since had a front mudguard and long flaps fitted after the experience of muddy water being thrown in my face over winter.

« Reply #7 on: 02 July, 2020, 11:31:06 am »
I've been locking down for the last few months, so here's one from the last group ride I did (back in March). My Azub Six in front of Lake Sayama (Mt Fuji visible in the distance).

« Reply #8 on: 02 July, 2020, 01:26:21 pm »
Click to make larger

« Reply #9 on: 02 July, 2020, 03:56:22 pm »
My first recumbent, the classic Kingcycle from about 1995.  Updated with more easily available wheel sizes (349mm front; 507mm rear):

Then an Aerobikes Tour.  (Aerobikes was a small Edinburgh firm, they made about 35 of these in the 1990's):

My rarest bike, an Aerobikes Sprint - their racing model, they only made four of these.  I've added a DIY tailbox and bought a fibreglass nosecone:

Then I designed a Moulton F-frame conversion.  Brazing done by Dylan at Yourspokes in York, powder coated then assembled by me:

This was an irresistable bargain found on fleabay, although it needed a bit of work to get into rideable condition:

And my only new recumbent, a Velomotion frameset built up with a variety of new and already available parts:

Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #10 on: 02 July, 2020, 05:28:52 pm »
I'd post a pic but I don't understand how to. Sad but true.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

« Reply #11 on: 02 July, 2020, 07:05:36 pm »
Not sure that I do - could you see my pix Tigerr?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #12 on: 02 July, 2020, 07:11:28 pm »
My first recumbent, the classic Kingcycle from about 1995.  Updated with more easily available wheel sizes (349mm front; 507mm rear):

You're linking to a web page containing an image, rather than the image itself, like this:

« Reply #13 on: 02 July, 2020, 07:14:02 pm »
Rats - bit technical for me Kim, how do I do that?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #14 on: 02 July, 2020, 07:15:33 pm »
Rats - bit technical for me Kim, how do I do that?

What I did was go to the webpage, right click on the image, select "copy image address" and paste that into here, wrapped in [img][/img] tags (which you seem to have managed).

If the URL ends in 'html' it's a page, and won't work.  If it ends in 'jpg', it should be good.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #15 on: 04 July, 2020, 12:23:30 pm »
I have reduced the recumbent stable a bit this month (I sold my Versatile velomobile, Bertie).

Now I have:

and:

My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #16 on: 05 July, 2020, 12:58:39 pm »
This thread is giving me some serious trike envy.

Formerly Tigerrr's SPM, with new tiller/bars.  Sporting an immensely cheap/crap rack top bag and currently sans mudguards.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #17 on: 05 July, 2020, 08:35:45 pm »
This thread has me looking at my Grasshopper again with a view to getting it out of the garage. I need to lose a bit more weight first, but I’m getting there.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #18 on: 05 July, 2020, 09:15:32 pm »
Ancient history: Cyclefest 2004, Arellcat and I making the turn into the entrance of the canalside cafe at Galgate near Lancaster, both on Windcheetahs, with Torslanda still on the A6 on his homebuild.

dsc_0022 by shifty176, on Flickr

I still use the pirate flag, but those Shimano shoes had to finally go in the bin about 12 months ago.  I think I got my money's worth!
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

« Reply #19 on: 05 July, 2020, 10:03:42 pm »
I loved Cyclefest 2004 (the only one I went to)  :D

Arellcat

• Velonautte
« Reply #20 on: 05 July, 2020, 10:59:33 pm »
It's mad that Cyclefest – well, the only one I managed to go to as well – was sixteen years ago now.  I still think about it from time to time.  There was something about it that was just very lovely and fun: perhaps it was the location as much as anything.  It was the same kind of slightly nerdy, gently unhinged, yet friendly, hamburgers-and-fish-and-chips vibe that fed into Velovision magazine.

Redshift, goodness me that's a vintage photograph.  Were my thighs really that big?  I thought I was a stick back then!
Quote from: Morningsider
I like that you think any of your conveyances might qualify as "a disguise".

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #21 on: 05 July, 2020, 11:12:46 pm »
I loved Cyclefest 2004 (the only one I went to)  :D

In that case, here's the shot I remembered of you back at the college, plus a bonus hill climb shot.

dsc_0071 by shifty176, on Flickr

dsc_0031 by shifty176, on Flickr

I went to several over the years, and on non-CF years we used to take pictures at the race track when the BHPC were there, but CF years were the best, and it's a real shame that the the organisers had to stop doing it.

Arellcat, compared with some of the shots of me that we've got, you were a stick! 

L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

« Reply #22 on: 05 July, 2020, 11:22:49 pm »
Wow! Thanks  :D

I still have those Shimano SPD shoes, and used them most days this year, up to late March - I think I bought them in 1997...

« Reply #23 on: 04 August, 2020, 11:17:13 pm »
Mrs B and I have owned a few bents of the last decade or so, in no particular order.

My Challenge Seiran, bought off fleebay in 2014 and ridden rather a lot until about a year ago when it donated its wheels to my Surly LHT.
IMG-20170509-WA0014 by Joe B, on Flickr

Mrs B's ICE Sprint, sold in 2013 when we moved house and just couldn't store all our bikes.
Park May 2011b by Joe B, on Flickr

The Trice tandem, great fun but sold on after a re-spray by Ben Cooper of Kinetics in Glasgow as it was just too dam wide and impractical.
tmp_9346-Photo0196~2-1809646093 by Joe B, on Flickr

Mrs B's Trice Explorer. Much lighter than more modern trikes I think, certainly felt lighter on the road. Sold on as Mrs B wasn't using it much and didn't like the idea of it just sitting there not being ridden.
DSCF4751 by Joe B, on Flickr

« Reply #24 on: 09 August, 2020, 08:29:26 pm »
First up the trike which was sold a few years ago:
Front on by jdp298, on Flickr

And in working and racing setup:
With and without by jdp298, on Flickr

Then the V2k in its final form, with a layback seatpost and reversed seat clamp which gets me down to 39 deg.
Bike reclined by jdp298, on Flickr

And finally, arrived last week and now getting built into a fast commuter:
20200731_124659[1] by jdp298, on Flickr

Still got a SP dynamo wheel to build and fit, but mudguards and exquisitely narrow rack appended.
20200807_132537[1] by jdp298, on Flickr
Cruzbike V2k, S40