Author Topic: things i'd like to eat  (Read 21920 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: things i'd like to eat
« Reply #275 on: 21 April, 2021, 09:37:44 am »
A cheap steak with a mountain of proper frittes followed by a tart citron all washed down with a couple of cold beers outside in a nice square watching the people go by anywhere in the south of France.

+1.  E.g.

That bloke had a great range of coffee, too, and knew how to make it.  Cerbères, 2013.

Now I come to think of it, when I went in to pay he was playing Madame Butterfly - but quietly, so as not to scare the clients.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Re: things i'd like to eat
« Reply #276 on: 25 April, 2021, 07:08:38 pm »
There used to be a place in the Medoc on the way from Lesparre to Hortin where the locals went for their steak and chips.  That was all it sold. Outside on plastic chairs. Superb.
Then there was the restaurant we could walk to from my fathers house in the woods outside age days-Montalivet. They only serve duck!  Duck soup for starters then a proper salad landaise. Then depending on what you wanted to pay you got pate or foie gras followed by a range of duck cooked in different ways. All served with local red wine or Loupiac as appropriate. Dessert was apple tart or creme caramel.

A place of infinite memories which was no more when we went on a sentimental tour 5 years after my father died.