Author Topic: Gas calculation - cu ft to kwh  (Read 2756 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: Gas calculation - cu ft to kwh
« Reply #25 on: 10 December, 2020, 08:35:38 am »
What is also interesting is that the tariff we have gone for is not listed when you get an energy quote direct from BG - that's naughty.

Naughty but allowed.  I had an Eon tariff at the last house that was a Uswitch exclusive.   You could only get it if you went via the switching site.  On this route Eon have to pay Uswitch circa £60 in commission, so you would think that they would do it cheaper or the same direct, but it wasn't.  Uswitch do do a fair bit of the work on the switching process so it does save the supplier a bit of time and stops them cocking things up.

BG is doing the switch (at least as far as I am concerned) so we will see . . . so far so good with a really helpful human being on the phone and all the correct paperwork arriving by mail within a couple of hours of "placing the order"

The one caveat with the BG tariff is that we have to commit to having Smart meters within 3 months of the start of supply - that's a good thing to me, bring it on.    AVRO appears to have no plans for them, despite being barred from taking new customers last year because they hadn't met the rules on meters.