Author Topic: WFH rejig  (Read 28094 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Re: WFH rejig
« Reply #625 on: 13 February, 2021, 02:01:38 pm »
Last piece of the furniture jigsaw found and purchased.

Unfortunately the wee brother put the network points where this (ok the sockets were already there too) is so it needs to sit out a bit but that's fine.

The 2nd speaker for the evoke was an ebay find I've been wanting for ages just didn't have space for.

All I need now is for IKEA to have the stuff I want in stock to yet the map collection sorted

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Are you using some weird filter, is is there some artifact of the resize that makes these pictures really fuzzy?

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #626 on: 13 February, 2021, 02:32:14 pm »
It's the cheap skate TapaTalk filter

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
    • Occasional wittering
« Reply #627 on: 13 February, 2021, 05:21:59 pm »
Good looking map shelf!
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #628 on: 13 February, 2021, 05:58:27 pm »
Good looking map shelf!

When I get a few more, there are 7th series (both Scottish and GB weird to think as recently as the late 1950s agencies of the British government still treated Scotland and E+W as separate).
I need to consider how to store the Populars (both 1940s and 1920s) and the even older ones as they're currently in those shoe boxes and a big box in the corner.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #629 on: 27 February, 2021, 10:51:41 pm »

Took me nearly 2 months to get all the parts together, but I now have a revised camera setup on my non-work desk. I have a pair of €10 simple tripods, a pair of €9 monopod extensions, these then support a horizontal 600mm long arca-swiss tripod plate. Then 3 arca swiss quick release clamps, one on each tripod, and one for the android device I use as a camera. This works as a gantry that goes across the top of my laptop. I can slide the android device across to change position if I need to. It's also a convenient place to hold a couple of tools.

I'll see in due course how well it works during calls, but I'm really pleased so far.

Photos will follow when my desk is less of a mess...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #630 on: 02 March, 2021, 12:26:31 pm »
I bought a standing desk yesterday. a Linak frame with a new top. Will post some pics when it is delivered tomorrow, if I can figure out how.
Looks like a very good price.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/desks/sit-stand-desk-linak-electric-parrallel-drive/1397555590

« Reply #631 on: 17 March, 2021, 05:42:17 pm »
My new WFH studio is nearly complete ... and then the glazing person decided to shatter the glass when replacing a broken lock! So near, yet so far from being able to move in!

Eddington: 130 miles

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #632 on: 17 March, 2021, 05:52:05 pm »
My new WFH studio is nearly complete ... and then the glazing person decided to shatter the glass when replacing a broken lock! So near, yet so far from being able to move in!

Wow, that's the slowest-loading image I've seen since the start of the pandemic.  Is it absolutely enormous, or is it being hosted via an acoustic coupler modem?
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #633 on: 17 March, 2021, 06:44:59 pm »
More interestingly I clicked on your image psyclist and it took me to a page featuring adverts picturing young ladies in a state of undress!   ;D

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #634 on: 17 March, 2021, 07:15:21 pm »
Having eventually clicked "go to image" it reminded me of a ZX Spectrum loading screen being loaded, but without the red,blue and yellow bars or the sound effects.

« Reply #635 on: 17 March, 2021, 07:16:51 pm »
More interestingly I clicked on your image psyclist and it took me to a page featuring adverts picturing young ladies in a state of undress!   ;D

Yep, I’ve had that before with (I think) Imgur images here, safari onna iPad
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #636 on: 17 March, 2021, 08:20:33 pm »
Fixed the image ... sorry about that. More resolution than was needed I suspect!

« Reply #637 on: 17 March, 2021, 08:25:19 pm »
Fixed the image ... sorry about that. More resolution than was needed I suspect!

Hmm, I click on the image and get

https://imgbox.com/cwmrGgpt
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #638 on: 17 March, 2021, 08:25:24 pm »

Still slow to load here

« Reply #639 on: 17 March, 2021, 08:26:20 pm »

That’s based on your search history OD.

« Reply #640 on: 17 March, 2021, 08:51:39 pm »
Ok, third attempt. Now on Flickr, looks like a quicker load.

« Reply #641 on: 18 March, 2021, 07:15:03 am »
 :thumbsup: That’s basically now instant

Oscar's dad

« Reply #642 on: 20 March, 2021, 02:32:59 pm »
I appreciate what follows departs slightly from working from home but revamping my home office was just part of a wider project to transform the whole garage. 

Although it might not look it I'm making steady progress with the Multipurpose Area (workshop, bike and general storage, home gym).

Yesterday I built a workbench out of off-cuts so have somewhere to site the vice I inherited from my Dad:

The left hand wall is finished so the four bikes are now in their permanent location:

Next job is to clad the right hand wall which I partially insulated with leftover materials and also clad the ceiling which has also been insulated.

« Reply #643 on: 22 March, 2021, 09:19:20 am »
... and back on topic.

I'm temporarily installed in my studio. I can't keep electronics in here overnight until the lock and shattered glass are fixed tomorrow.

Cat6 cable is doing the business. 211 Mbps when I just tested it.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #644 on: 22 March, 2021, 09:20:20 am »
Very cool!

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
    • Occasional wittering
« Reply #645 on: 23 March, 2021, 04:05:52 pm »
... and back on topic.

I'm temporarily installed in my studio. I can't keep electronics in here overnight until the lock and shattered glass are fixed tomorrow.

Cat6 cable is doing the business. 211 Mbps when I just tested it.

That all looks amazing - good job!

Hope the glazing gets sorted.

Very very nice.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!