Author Topic: Experiences of Teh Plague  (Read 85563 times)

Re: Experiences of Teh Plague
« Reply #175 on: 24 March, 2021, 07:30:42 am »
I very much doubt that it is an indicator of the response to the vaccine.  probably more likely an indicator of the risk of developing a cytokine storm and dying from Covid.

« Reply #176 on: 24 March, 2021, 08:35:39 am »
💉💪

« Reply #177 on: 24 March, 2021, 08:38:38 am »
IANAD, but I don't think that there is a correlation between the response to the virus and response to the vaccine. It seems that older people have much less reaction to the vaccine when compared to younger people - that's the inverse correlation to who the virus affects.

Davef

« Reply #178 on: 24 March, 2021, 09:08:59 am »
The AZ vaccine ? It is using a modified chimpanzee adenovirus to get the mRNA payload in. Your cells are then hijacked to produce one of the sars-cov-2 proteins, which then stimulates an immune response to protect from covid. I would have thought your initial immune reaction (ie feeling a bit crap) is likely to the delivery virus rather than to the sars-cov-2 proteins that are subsequently produced by your hijacked cells.

I can imagine AZ will be less effective with people that have spent a lot of time around chimpanzees with runny noses.

Hopefully there will be very little data to correlate reaction to vaccination with future severe covid, as there should be close to zero severe covid for vaccinated people.

ian

« Reply #179 on: 24 March, 2021, 10:09:17 am »
You will indeed have an immune response against the chimp virus (though you'll probably get some reaction against the micelles that the Pfizer vaccine is delivered in, though unlikely as much) – there's an issue that you are, in fact, co-vaccinating against both COVID and chimp adenovirus, so you might become immune to future doses delivered in the chimp virus vector. This is a known for any viral vector platform and they can tweak the delivery vector virus.

The majority of people who get either vaccine have no or a very minor reaction.

« Reply #180 on: 24 March, 2021, 04:08:04 pm »
💉💪

Fantastic news. Well done at finally getting it in your arm.

« Reply #181 on: 24 March, 2021, 06:50:23 pm »
Thanks.  I was first in line this morning and other than feeling both tired and hungry for most of the day I feel fine.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #182 on: 26 March, 2021, 05:08:28 pm »
IANAD, but I don't think that there is a correlation between the response to the virus and response to the vaccine. It seems that older people have much less reaction to the vaccine when compared to younger people - that's the inverse correlation to who the virus affects.

What we shouldn’t correlate is fewer or no side effects meaning someone is less protected from the virus a vaccine was developed for. 

« Reply #183 on: 26 March, 2021, 05:13:05 pm »

What we shouldn’t correlate is fewer or no side effects meaning someone is less protected from the virus a vaccine was developed for.
Absolutely.  It seems that older people have more of an immune response to the vaccine, even if they get fewer/lesser side effects.

« Reply #184 on: 26 March, 2021, 05:31:29 pm »
https://youtu.be/JoCDpIKBhCY - Vaccines and immune response.

« Reply #185 on: 26 March, 2021, 07:03:51 pm »
Thanks.  I was first in line this morning and other than feeling both tired and hungry for most of the day I feel fine.   :thumbsup:

Spoke way too soon.  Went downhill rapidly in the evening and was all but useless yesterday.  Felt better this morning and have just been out for a good long walk. 

Just about back to normal though I do still have a dull ache in my arm where I was jabbed and occasional pins and needles in the arm if I let it flop on the arm of the sofa for a while.

« Reply #186 on: 26 March, 2021, 07:40:33 pm »
Had the AZ shot this afternoon. I deliberately chose Friday so I could be rough for a couple of days; I could have been booked in last Sunday (or any day this week) but couldn't afford to have time off due to deliveries to be made before month end.

At the moment, every person I know in RL who has had the AZ has had a rough next day or two.  MrsH and my parents had the Pfizer, they had no ill effects (other than a sore arm).

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #187 on: 26 March, 2021, 07:43:11 pm »
I had AZ and was fine. Partner had AZ and had it rough for ~36hours

« Reply #188 on: 27 March, 2021, 10:15:40 am »
20 hours post injection it's a woozy head, feeling lethargic, some joint aches, slight sore throat (my main CV annoyance was a very sore throat) and elevated heart rate (about 20bpm above normal) for me - plus the obligatory sore arm. Pleased I didn't plan to do anything today.

Hopefully the monkey vaccine will complete recombining my DNA and aligning my 5G reception soon.

« Reply #189 on: 27 March, 2021, 12:29:54 pm »
Finally feeling normal again.  Been out for a short run to remind the body what to do.  Feel much happier with life again now.

My phone signal hasn't improved though ...

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #190 on: 27 March, 2021, 01:26:39 pm »
... but we knew you had been for a run before you told us.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #191 on: 27 March, 2021, 04:08:20 pm »
D'oh!   :facepalm:

Of course you did.   :-\

« Reply #192 on: 27 March, 2021, 04:21:02 pm »
I got a notification that you were thinking of going for a run, PB.

But then I also know what time Jaded went to bed, what he was thinking when he woke up, and the fact that he has been skipping brushing his teeth on occasions recently.

I just put that down to the fact that he is only two miles away so the connection is much faster.

« Reply #193 on: 27 March, 2021, 05:47:50 pm »
🤣🤣🤣

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #194 on: 27 March, 2021, 08:57:32 pm »
Booked second jab via NHS website.
Specified access needs as wheelchair access & loo + step-free access.
Make booking at pharmacy where D had his first jab.
D says there are steps in Covid vaccine route there.

Pharmacy's website indicates NOT step-free/wheelchair accessible.

I've now cancelled and rebooked same time & place because I don't know which of the other venues are really accessible.

Confirmation text and email have not materialised this time but did do earlier so I've probably confused system. Will phone pharmacy on Monday to see whether something can be sorted. Booking is for 5 May so there is time...

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #195 on: 28 March, 2021, 02:06:07 pm »
FFS to dodgy booking wossnames. I hope they can change the booking system to be less bad on that.

A blind acquaintance was pissed off to find that if they ticked "comms in Braille" they only got sites 20 miles away (too far, risky and expensive by taxi) but if they unticked the Braille box they got sites 10 miles away (still too far etc). Eventually they phoned 119 and got them to book them in for a site near their work and went into the office for a day...

While people have reported good access AT vaccination centres, the usual lack of info and stupidities as reported by PB and others are rife in terms of distance or level accessibility.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #196 on: 28 March, 2021, 02:12:55 pm »
I might just untick all access needs and book second jab for nearest place, where D's getting his. Won't need a loo for something within half a mile and getting humped around might just be too bad.
I might try seeing if I can speak to a human...

« Reply #197 on: 28 March, 2021, 02:22:48 pm »
Mine was done at a care home.

Had a certain poignancy that was not lost on me.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #198 on: 28 March, 2021, 02:36:59 pm »
Mine was done directly opposite the zoo. As far as I'm aware they don't have bats, pangolins or mink.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #199 on: 28 March, 2021, 09:54:37 pm »
Mine was done directly opposite the zoo. As far as I'm aware they don't have bats, pangolins or mink.

If they do, let's hope they're not in the same cages.