Author Topic: Audax and Garmin  (Read 6221 times)

Re: Audax and Garmin
« Reply #50 on: 21 March, 2021, 09:37:41 am »
Its amazing how many riders manage to ride 400+ audaxs today without little rests or a lie down. When everyone has Strava on the mobile app (ride time only)  its as if we're all on drugs. Audax and organisers could make money by having all runs X rated. If Strava had an automatic upload when the timer or unit was switched off that would sort out a large percentage of riders. Changed days from not being able to publish your times. 😄

Is it amazing? Quicker bikes that are ergonomically sound (recumbent) so you go quicker for less and comfort is not an issue. And tech has improved, a power meter allows you to pace your effort and as a rough guide work out your calories that you'll burn so you can prepare your nutrition beforehand keeping the stops and faffing to a minimum.

Now thats a point to think about, modern equipment, nutrition and all the electronic gear. Are you saying that its easy today, lowlands and a recumbent  v a normal bike is that fair. Why not change the speed to 18/33 think about that.
I think it's about attitude, Duncan Peet says to George Berwick before a National 400.
The big guns are up from down south ( as a they will give you a kicking)
George says
Aye, we will see about that. (no way they will be back before me)

Today is about chum around or pace oneself.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #51 on: 21 March, 2021, 10:06:02 am »
What's a Strava?
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

LMT

« Reply #52 on: 21 March, 2021, 11:21:53 am »
Its amazing how many riders manage to ride 400+ audaxs today without little rests or a lie down. When everyone has Strava on the mobile app (ride time only)  its as if we're all on drugs. Audax and organisers could make money by having all runs X rated. If Strava had an automatic upload when the timer or unit was switched off that would sort out a large percentage of riders. Changed days from not being able to publish your times. 😄

Is it amazing? Quicker bikes that are ergonomically sound (recumbent) so you go quicker for less and comfort is not an issue. And tech has improved, a power meter allows you to pace your effort and as a rough guide work out your calories that you'll burn so you can prepare your nutrition beforehand keeping the stops and faffing to a minimum.

Now thats a point to think about, modern equipment, nutrition and all the electronic gear. Are you saying that its easy today, lowlands and a recumbent  v a normal bike is that fair. Why not change the speed to 18/33 think about that.
I think it's about attitude, Duncan Peet says to George Berwick before a National 400.
The big guns are up from down south ( as a they will give you a kicking)
George says
Aye, we will see about that. (no way they will be back before me)

Today is about chum around or pace oneself.

You're overthinking it and I've better things to do with my time. :)