Author Topic: Min percentage body fat  (Read 7161 times)

Re: Min percentage body fat
« Reply #25 on: 21 December, 2008, 11:21:46 am »
Please don't.

« Reply #26 on: 21 December, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

<pedant>
Given that a pint of water weighs .568 kg, I would not be impressed with scales that registered a 0.4kg gain after drinking a pint.
Do you serve short measures?  ;) ;D
<pedant>

Probably not a full glass and the measuring is in steps of 0.2kg so enough room for error there  ;)

Repeatability and accuracy are not the same thing.

Accepted 

But awhile ago I bought the same scales as my Dr had and they could vary by several lbs (yes it was a while ago), each time I stood on them,  Solid floor etc. taken care of.

and they were more than twice the price of the Tania ones.   :(

But to track changes in weight I feel that the Tania ones are good value for money.

This lump of La*d is going to try not to get to much bigger over the festive period.

Ride more  eat less
ride more  eat less

Etc

Geoff
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

Jezza

« Reply #27 on: 21 December, 2008, 08:44:27 pm »
Judging by your last few posts (anxiety about performance review, repeated threats from motorist, stress of local chav interactions, as well as other issues you've mentioned,) you're probably worrying yourself away.

I prescribe quantities of pasta at regular intervals to redress the physical aspects, and practicing meditation to take care of the mental.   

Chris S

« Reply #28 on: 21 December, 2008, 09:38:03 pm »
I have a set of Tanita scales. I'm considering performing an experiment. I'm going to attempt to drop 10Kg of lard come the New Year, in time for (perhaps) the Kidderminster Killer Audax (or similar).

I'll take a weekly BF/Weight measurement off the Tanita, amongst other measurements, throughout the spring, to see how it shapes up as I shape up  :thumbsup:.

simonp

« Reply #29 on: 22 December, 2008, 09:27:24 pm »

Mine have shown between 15.5% and 19%.  The 19% is probably what I'd get Right Now.  The 15.5% is when I peaked around the time of the BCM in May.

I think it does track reasonably well when I can tell I've lost fat due to my physical appearance, pinchability etc.

I thought I'd go check.  I'm now being told 20%.  Damn thing doesn't work after all.  ;D

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #30 on: 24 December, 2008, 05:52:16 pm »
SO!   50% is too much then, wat are YOU saying!!!!!!????????? Im FAT!!!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: 25 December, 2008, 09:31:40 am »
I don't know but your Avatar is the same as a lady that we knew at t'other place?

Is it you?

Sorry OT but nice to meet old friends, wot? ;)
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

Velvet

« Reply #32 on: 25 December, 2008, 12:43:34 pm »
Nope, just the same as my old avatar at t'other place :)  Well, nearly the same.  I decided on a different one for here, when I was between-places, as it were :D

Merry Christmas and all that, tho!

« Reply #33 on: 25 December, 2008, 04:22:14 pm »
My scales claimed last night that I was 15% fat, which is slightly down on a month ago. I ought to get a proper measurement done, to give some idea of their (in)accuracy.

172 cm, 67 kg, BMI 22.6. At my hill-climbing peak, I was 58 kg/BMI 19.6, & although I didn't know my body fat percentage, I strongly suspect it was in single figures. I don't desperately want to be back there, but it'd be nice to lose the bit of flab I now have round my waist.

"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897