Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300463 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #3575 on: 22 November, 2012, 03:11:32 pm »
You're just not heavy enough to properly activate your bathroom scales. Maybe use your kitchen scales instead?

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3576 on: 22 November, 2012, 04:11:39 pm »
Wrong direction this week :(
Getting there...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3577 on: 22 November, 2012, 04:41:16 pm »
Not bothered recently. Had three nights at the Metropole where I had big dinners but 'sensible' breakfasts, in the main.
Partner had a yen for a curry last night so ordered meal for two from Taste of Raj; That will feed us for another two meals...

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #3578 on: 22 November, 2012, 10:13:26 pm »
Well, after the recent talk with my doctor and realising that the "Midden has hit the Windmill" with the Diabetes complications I now have no choice but to Sort things out a bit. I only need to lose about 50 kilos though so it shouldn't be too hard... should it :-( I weighed in made 130.2 kg the Official starting point.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3579 on: 22 November, 2012, 11:13:14 pm »
Good on ya!  Don't expect miracles.  Slow and steady is good.
Getting there...

simonp

« Reply #3580 on: 23 November, 2012, 12:59:23 am »
Well, after the recent talk with my doctor and realising that the "Midden has hit the Windmill" with the Diabetes complications I now have no choice but to Sort things out a bit. I only need to lose about 50 kilos though so it shouldn't be too hard... should it :-( I weighed in made 130.2 kg the Official starting point.

Good luck PD. Reminds me I need to update the graphs.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3581 on: 27 November, 2012, 01:17:40 pm »
65kg just before bed last night.
Probably less than last weigh-in (which was clothed) despite eating like an AUK at Llandrindod, where I stayed 3 nights.
BMI now below 24.

« Reply #3582 on: 29 November, 2012, 08:27:48 pm »
I'm giving up on this. I inadvertently lost weight when taking Tramadol (TM) post September
hip resurfacing operation (to prevent the occurrence of blood clotting). I'm still on sick leave
with mobility slowing coming back, and not much to do at home to distract me from the
biscuit tin, the weight has returned with interest. :(

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #3583 on: 30 November, 2012, 12:24:41 am »
Not a good start and I know the reasoning behind ot so I will try and do better next week. Lost 0.5KG!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3584 on: 30 November, 2012, 08:40:44 am »
Losing half a kg is a good start. You've lost some weight. If you can lost that much every week between now and the end of 2013 you will have lost over 4 stone!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3585 on: 30 November, 2012, 02:04:35 pm »
David and I have lost about 20kg between us since the start of 2012.
We do have occasional treats and big meals but the slow progress is downwards.

« Reply #3586 on: 30 November, 2012, 02:16:28 pm »
Not a good start and I know the reasoning behind ot so I will try and do better next week. Lost 0.5KG!

You didn't put six stone on in one go - it won't come off in one go. .5kg here and there builds up in either direction. Sone weeks you get .5 kg down, some weeks 1kg, 2kg or nothing, it is almost never a straight line downwards - look at my graphs for proof of that. Just keep it up and plod on and at .5kg a week you will be half a stone lighter by the middle of January :thumbsup:
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

citoyen

« Reply #3587 on: 30 November, 2012, 02:40:10 pm »
Some weeks you get .5 kg down, some weeks 1kg, 2kg or nothing, it is almost never a straight line downwards

Indeed. And some weeks it will even go up, but it's important not to get down about it when it happens. It's not a problem as long as the long-term trend is downwards.

d.

citoyen

Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #3588 on: 30 November, 2012, 06:11:11 pm »
If the long term trend is downwards, but the behaviour modifications are so difficult that the reward isn't motivating, what then?

I really wish I knew the answer to that one.

d.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3589 on: 30 November, 2012, 08:41:33 pm »
I have decided to suspend my participation.

Contrary to the above I am unable to resist the temptation to report that that I have lost weight in the last two weeks.
I began to realise that I am losing weight again when I had to keep hoisting my trousers up a couple of weeks ago so weighed myself.In the last week I have had to use braces to keep my trousers up so got on the scales again this morning.
A 2kg loss.
Not too shabby at all considering I'm not even trying to lose weight.I might give the morning & afternoon Penguin bars a miss hereafter.

I have found that 2kg that I lost ::-)
I don't know where 'cos I am eating less.
I still need braces on my trousers so I really don't know what's going on :-\

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3590 on: 05 December, 2012, 08:46:58 am »
Well, that's a monumental pain in the expanding arse. I seem to be unable to resist the lure of food at this time of year and an has heavy now as I was in February. Odd really as yesterday the scales claimed I was 1.4kg less than the claim this morning.

Perhaps I ate a housebrick in my sleep.

citoyen

« Reply #3591 on: 05 December, 2012, 11:07:52 am »
Confession time: No housebrick munching here but I may have had a few sneaky rounds of toast and peanut butter after I'd closed the book on MFP yesterday.

In my defence, I was 881 calories in credit after a very active day (according to MFP's calculations, so I'll conservatively round that down to 600).

It is hard (even harder than usual) to resist food at this time of year. No shame in that. Need the extra energy to keep warm, right?

d.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3592 on: 05 December, 2012, 01:24:15 pm »
I have not been weighed of late.
My hips and waist were half an inch more last night than a fortnight ago.
Looks like I'll spend another year being 'sensible' after the festive season.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #3593 on: 05 December, 2012, 05:25:24 pm »
so far so good, although there are too many temptations around - pastry and sweets everyday at work, visiting friends who think you can eat for three; and much less cycling compared to warm season. i usually gain 3-4kg during december which then take 3-4 months to get rid of! i wish this december would be different!

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #3594 on: 06 December, 2012, 12:43:30 am »
128.7, moving in the right direction at least but with current Amyotrophy problems physical leg movements are not good.

« Reply #3595 on: 06 December, 2012, 06:31:55 pm »
Static.  Which was disappointing.
Then I remembered exactly what we'd eaten over the weekend. We went to Sheffield1.  Four of us in the car.  I was driving and being fed cookies as we were going along.  Friday tea was a pasty, followed about two hours later by a pork pie, and finishing up with a Tesco sandwich at about midnight.  And a couple of beers.  We were staying in a Youth Hostel.  The breakfast was suitable for serious hill walking. Which I wasn't doing!  Then a large buffet lunch, ginormous fish and chips for tea and a couple more beers.  I also remember mince pies somewhere along the way. 
Sunday wasn't much better! 

So I'll call static a win for this week.

1) We were at the 'Festival of Village Carols' if you really want to know!
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3596 on: 12 December, 2012, 09:33:55 am »
Down again.  This is a pleasing trend, which I hope will continue.  it puts my target tantalisingly back in sight, but difficult to achieve (especially over Christmas).  Maybe.  Just maybe.
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3597 on: 12 December, 2012, 09:55:10 am »
Given the gluttony that's gone on recently (4 curries in 4 days last Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun) a rise of a mere 0.4 kg is perhaps to be welcomed...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #3598 on: 12 December, 2012, 11:36:32 am »
Same weight again.  Won't get back down to my target before the end of the month unless I become a hermit until January - just too many 'events' at this time of year.  If I can start the new year at least 2kg below where I started this year I'll be happy.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

citoyen

« Reply #3599 on: 12 December, 2012, 11:50:01 am »
Have not weighed myself today because what I don't know won't hurt me.  :-\

d.