Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300530 times)

crowriver

• Крис Б
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #4250 on: 03 July, 2013, 11:47:59 am »
Stasis the name of the game here. Not helped by the odd chocolate binge or bottle of cola. We'll see what transpires after this week's fasting regime, if I have the determination to be strict and not take additional 'wee snacks' to stave off pangs...
Embrace your inner Fred.

« Reply #4251 on: 04 July, 2013, 11:23:12 am »
Building up to the Rapha Rising challenge on Strava, so doing 700m+ of climbing a day. Reckon a week of that plus a big ride at the weekend should be good for the challenge.

Easy to keep the weight off, but hunger is brutal. Drinking industrial amounts of water, which as the side effect of waking me up needing a piss.

I *will* be 68kg/BMI 19.0 for LEL.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4252 on: 04 July, 2013, 12:12:51 pm »
No recent weight measurement.
My waist fluctuates but my hips are down another half inch.
S-L-O-W is the name of the game!

« Reply #4253 on: 04 July, 2013, 02:15:49 pm »
I've done it! I've got down to my target of 85kg.It's took me 6 months to get down from 98kg and I am one happy bunny :)Still got some visible fat IE a spare tyre,but I think I will try to maintain this weight until the Winter and build up some strength.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #4254 on: 04 July, 2013, 03:40:34 pm »
went to pre-operative assessment clinic today (re another elbow surgery), all readings were good as suggested by nurse (bmi 21.0, hr 52, blood pressure 111/65). now on a waiting list for the late autumn/winter..

« Reply #4255 on: 04 July, 2013, 04:22:51 pm »
I've done it! I've got down to my target of 85kg.It's took me 6 months to get down from 98kg and I am one happy bunny :)Still got some visible fat IE a spare tyre,but I think I will try to maintain this weight until the Winter and build up some strength.
That's a big drop. Grats.

Down 11kg now, in 3 months. Not actually dieting, it's just the result of cutting out all dairy. Nameless-Deity-onna-Bike, I must have been eating a lot of cheese and butter.

and, zigzag, if you have a bmi of 21, you are a skinny bugger. Mine is still 24.5.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #4256 on: 04 July, 2013, 06:31:41 pm »
BMI isn't everything. Mine is currently 22.7, based on this morning's weight of 71.9kg. My body fat percentage however is 23.7% (based on neck/abdomen/height/weight measurements).

So I need to lose more fat. Lost 14kg over the last 12 months, target is to lose another 2kg. These last 2kg are proving a lot tougher than the previous 14kg to shift. Pretty much hovering around between 71kg and 73kg the past two months (say 72kg average over that time). Can't seem to get below 71kg. Yet.
Embrace your inner Fred.

« Reply #4257 on: 04 July, 2013, 07:00:14 pm »
Agreed, bmi (or really weight, as I'm not changing height) isn't everything, but it's measurable. I was 7.3% bf by dexa at 71.5kg. No idea what my %  will be at 68kg, but I do know that climbing feels easier.

At bmi <19.5, I don't have a spare tyre. I have ripples. At Bmi 18.5, laying in the bath isn't comfy. Somewhere between the two is my target for lel. I'm definitely a "hard gainer", so what's a reasonable target for me wouldn't be for others. I've got muffin tops at bmi 21, whereas others wouldn't.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4258 on: 04 July, 2013, 07:28:57 pm »
Agreed, bmi (or really weight, as I'm not changing height) isn't everything, but it's measurable. I was 7.3% bf by dexa at 71.5kg. No idea what my %  will be at 68kg, but I do know that climbing feels easier.

At bmi <19.5, I don't have a spare tyre. I have ripples. At Bmi 18.5, laying in the bath isn't comfy. Somewhere between the two is my target for lel. I'm definitely a "hard gainer", so what's a reasonable target for me wouldn't be for others. I've got muffin tops at bmi 21, whereas others wouldn't.

You are like my David. I can pinch more than an inch above his hips but his BMI is 20.3.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4259 on: 06 July, 2013, 02:55:30 pm »
David is now down to 61kg and still can't see his abs!

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #4260 on: 10 July, 2013, 08:34:13 am »
Still finding it difficult to keep focus and stop falling back into bad habits like takeaways. Upping my mileage is helping but it certainly isn't enough. Black dog, innit.

That said, the mutt is starting to leave me alone a bit and between that and the sunshine encouraging me out on the bike, I am seeing some very minor improvements. Hopefully that little bit of positive will help me keep my eye on the goal.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4261 on: 10 July, 2013, 08:48:03 am »
Our scales resigned this morning :-[
Getting there...

« Reply #4262 on: 10 July, 2013, 10:37:48 am »
Starting on a downward trend now, but still above starting weight  :-[  and target will not be met.  I will readjust it soon.

Geoff
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

« Reply #4263 on: 10 July, 2013, 11:18:32 am »
Repeated movement of the scales this morning as i couldn't believe the result. :o

A week away on a bread, cheese and wine diet at the TdF and I'm back 1.5kg less than i went with. And I've had 4 days to re-hydrate  :thumbsup:

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #4264 on: 12 July, 2013, 12:43:45 pm »
I appear to have lost 7 kilos in the last 7 weeks, largely on a diet of bread, cheese, salami, pastries, pizza, cake and ice cream.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #4265 on: 12 July, 2013, 12:49:33 pm »
I've gained half a kg in the last 7 days

since then I've shed a kilogram

since then nothings changed.
I think I've reached a plateau.I also think that to lose more than another kg will require more application,mentally & physically,than I wish to expend.
So...what you now see is what you get.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #4266 on: 14 July, 2013, 12:52:11 pm »
I'm going to leave the photos of me on last week's TT on my computer desktop... Motivation to stay off the pies!

:facepalm:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4267 on: 14 July, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »
I appear to have lost 7 kilos in the last 7 weeks, largely on a diet of bread, cheese, salami, pastries, pizza, cake and ice cream.

Sounds like you had fun! How far did you cycle?

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #4268 on: 14 July, 2013, 05:37:05 pm »

Sounds like you had fun! How far did you cycle?

About 4500 km.

Less than planned because of having to change plans in Russia, and taking a short-cut (the Helsinki-Travemünde ferry) on the way back so that (a) I could go to the post-ride party after HCH1200 (without riding the 1200) and (b) I would be back in time for LEL.

And about half what I did on last year's tour.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #4269 on: 17 July, 2013, 06:31:02 pm »
It is too hot for running.
It is too hot for much cycling (or at least, I can't find the mojo to go out on my own at lunchtime).
It is, however, not too hot for ice-cream, pints of shandy, cold drinks in the garden...

:facepalm:
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #4270 on: 22 July, 2013, 12:02:10 pm »
found myself 3.2kg heavier after a week's holiday abroad (no cycling and eating a lot of calorie-dense food). i need to gain another kg or so as there's a long ride/race in two weeks time which i'm intending to run on fat as much as possible.

« Reply #4271 on: 24 July, 2013, 10:47:02 am »
I managed to convince the scales to talk to me this morning. It wasn't exactly test conditions since I had drunk half a pint of tea and eaten breakfast, but even so it was bad :(. I now weigh the same as at the end of my pregnancy :o. Who says breastfeeding helps you lose weight? I need to sort it out, I can't afford new clothes and Clarion only has so many that I can borrow.
 :(
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4272 on: 24 July, 2013, 10:49:21 am »
We should buy some new scales.  Those ones are obviously wrong.
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #4273 on: 24 July, 2013, 10:51:46 am »
I put on a LOT of weight in the first year of breast-feeding.  At least you noticed earlier than me!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4274 on: 24 July, 2013, 11:32:54 am »
I seem to have lost a little or at least weigh as little as I did at the beginning of June.  :)
The smaller trousers I bought are less struggle to get over these hips.