Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300644 times)

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #5025 on: 04 June, 2014, 08:46:00 am »
Right, after a month of stress and comfort eating, plus a long weekend away eating out, I've finally halted the drift back upwards and managed 0.4kg back in the right direction.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #5026 on: 04 June, 2014, 09:32:31 am »
I went the other way by 0.5kg, which considering how little thought I've given to my diet this week is better than I feared it could be :-\

I have a routine appointment at the doctors next month where among other things they will weigh me, so I now have a target. Time to concentrate.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #5027 on: 04 June, 2014, 09:37:14 am »
Same here. WORK has taken precedence over all other things unfortunately and weight has not been an issue.
Thankfully ,I have not gained weight and the diet  quality is good with plenty of salads. BUT the weight goal is just as far away, so probably need to start using livestrong app more seriously.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #5028 on: 10 June, 2014, 11:57:09 pm »
So I've been moaning and feeling sorry for myself a lot recently, more than the normal level of whinge!
In about 8 minutes it's Wednesday and I have neglected to do it for a few weeks so I will go upside the poor Bathroom Scales and start again.
I am pretty screwed for physical stuff at the moment so a few short rides and Dietary Discipline (Hah!) are the only weapons I can fight with. Luckily my brother, Sprogs, is well versed in the art of food preparation for a sensible diet and has said he will take over my diet totally, all I have to do is eat what he tells me and, if he doesn't tell me to eat it I don't eat it. I am not allowed to buy food unless instructed and my addiction to the Pringles has to go "Cold Turkey" from now.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5029 on: 11 June, 2014, 07:12:32 pm »
Good luck, pd.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5030 on: 11 June, 2014, 07:14:18 pm »
I'm starting a new job on Monday that will involve an 11 mile cycle commute each way. I'm hoping this kick starts a downward trend in my weight...
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5031 on: 11 June, 2014, 09:13:57 pm »
No recent weights to report.
There might be a centimetre off my hips.
Progress is slow but I tightened my bum bag a LONG way and a friend noticed I'd lost weight.

The kidology continues.

« Reply #5032 on: 11 June, 2014, 10:24:57 pm »
We've had a nightmare 3 weeks and I was 88.8kgs this morning - gained 1.5 from 3 weeks ago. Part was after entertaining last night, but very frustrated and no end in sight to excess work demands from an increasingly unreasonable boss

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #5033 on: 12 June, 2014, 01:16:48 pm »
My weight spiked on Wednesday at 81.4Kg.  Today it returned to its usual weight of 80.6kg.  It seems that the recording day is always my weekly peak.

simonp

« Reply #5034 on: 12 June, 2014, 04:21:31 pm »
I’m 1.5kg down today compared to yesterday.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5035 on: 16 June, 2014, 10:12:32 am »
My hip circumference seems yet another centimetre down though my waist is unchanged.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #5036 on: 16 June, 2014, 08:28:46 pm »
Well it's the wrong time of day, and I'm probably a good litre down on hydration after tonight's ride, but just weighed myself and I was just under 18st, for the first time in probably 10 years :)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5037 on: 18 June, 2014, 01:15:48 am »
Bloody hell, Mcshroom, you are wasting away! You are almost a stone lighter than I am at the moment!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #5038 on: 18 June, 2014, 06:37:37 am »
0.6kg down on last week, but still no sign on time to ride/run as I'd like. Problem I have is that I manage the diet better when I'm exercising and less stressed, but very badly when stressed and not exercising. There's a part of me that, very clearly, thinks 'blow it, no point in not eating that if I can't even get out in the evening.'

Away on a residential course now for 2 nights, that'll be good then...

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #5039 on: 18 June, 2014, 06:51:45 am »
Bloody hell, Mcshroom, you are wasting away! You are almost a stone lighter than I am at the moment!
Not quite so good when fully hydrated, but still 1.2kg down on last week. :)

Off on tour with the choir this week so I'm going to have to be careful with the hotel food.

« Reply #5040 on: 18 June, 2014, 09:14:06 am »
Well done to the losers this week :)

I've lost a teeny bit more- it's hard to know where to stop. Some people are telling me I need to stop, but then people always say that who don't realise how much difference extra weight can make when racing.....

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #5041 on: 18 June, 2014, 11:56:31 am »
I managed to drop a small amount, 0.5kg, this week. Not unhappy with that as I have done very little walking or riding.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #5042 on: 23 June, 2014, 08:55:21 am »
I made a semi-decision a couple of years back not to worry aBout my weight overly. I am too heavy, have always been so except for a couple of years when I did WeightWatchers properly. My default body size seems to be a ladies 18. I have few vices (have never smoked or drunk alcohol, eat relatively fresh food, keep active) and you have to have some pleasures in life - like cake and chocolate.

However I have been indulging in the chocolate biscuits rather (I live 2 miles from the chocolate factory in Kempen which has a cheap shop attached) and I just stood on the scales here at home and I am up 7kg. I think I need to stop the biscuits. Cake I only have when riding in Germany so I don't think that's so much of a problem.

I was wondering why my clothes felt a bit tighter than they should!

So I will just attempt to not have biscuits and see where that gets me. And maybe ride a bit more too, as I am behind my target.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #5043 on: 25 June, 2014, 09:19:08 am »
Another 0.5kg this week. Considering I was on holiday most of the week and was less strict about the food this is a little surprising (but welcome) :)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5044 on: 25 June, 2014, 02:07:52 pm »
I am getting nowhere!
I could blame my cankles.
I could say my wrists look thinner.
I could say my hip circumference is less than it's been for decades.
I could say I don't really need to lose weight.
I could say I am eating the right amounts of 'all the right things' and only tiny portions of the 'wrong things'.
I could say I'm getting nowhere...

« Reply #5045 on: 28 June, 2014, 08:52:02 am »
Well done to the losers this week :)

I've lost a teeny bit more- it's hard to know where to stop. Some people are telling me I need to stop, but then people always say that who don't realise how much difference extra weight can make when racing.....
You will know when to stop. If I drop below 10st I feel very weak on the bike. My "optimum" range is between 10st and 10st 4lbs. I'm 5'9".

I'm back on the wagon properly. I tipped 10st 10lbs last Saturday. So I downloaded myfitnesspal app and I am having to consume less than 1820 calories a day to lose my target of a 1lb a week.

Lost 3lbs this week. Calories in, calories out seems to work very well for me and a diary is the only way I stay disciplined.

« Reply #5046 on: 28 June, 2014, 08:52:24 am »
I'd like to join this thread as everything was very tight 2 weeks ago, I blame increased cycling for 2 months then eating the same amount when a forced decrease in cycling occurred.  However, I have bitten the bullet and gone back to healthy eating.  The result so far is 2k lighter.  Hoping to lose another 7k by September.  Especially as I can now get back to building distance and endurance.  :)
Life is good even in a cockle shell.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #5047 on: 29 June, 2014, 02:07:05 am »

You will know when to stop. If I drop below 10st I feel very weak on the bike. My "optimum" range is between 10st and 10st 4lbs. I'm 5'9".

We must be rather different builds.  I'm 5'8" and if I go  below 10st 10lbs I look (and feel) on the verge of anorexia.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5048 on: 29 June, 2014, 01:34:13 pm »

We must be rather different builds.  I'm 5'8" and if I go  below 10st 10lbs I look (and feel) on the verge of anorexia.

Build affects how fit you are for a given weight, as does the speed and reason that weight is lost.
I had pneumonia a very long time ago and my weight plummeted from 11st to about 10st 3lb.

I *knew* I wouldn't feel well and fit until I weighed 10st 10lb and did not.

I'm 10 stone now, still attempting to lose fat and feel fine.

Body measurements and skinfold thickness are possibly more useful than crude weight.

I have got my hips down to 40" (101cm), which is less than I've been for decades; that's still BIG by many standards but mostly reflects the way I am built.
My waist is down to 28"/71cm; that's fairly trim but could lose another 2 inches/5cm.

« Reply #5049 on: 29 June, 2014, 05:03:51 pm »

I'm 5'8" and was a welterweight, < 10 1/2 st. ( 66.7 kg ).

29" waist. 40" chest. 3 x 3 min rounds and knackered.

Now I'm 32" waist, 42" chest, 13 st 10lb and ride a bike 200 km in a day.