Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1301014 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #5800 on: 17 December, 2015, 07:32:07 pm »
Well done crowriver for reaching your target!

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #5801 on: 18 December, 2015, 12:27:22 am »
Thanks!

Onwards and downwards (weight wise) I hope! I can still "pinch more than an inch" on my tummy so time to revise the target to a lower weight for the next few months methinks.

Good luck to you and everyone else in the battle of the bulges...
Embrace your inner Fred.

« Reply #5802 on: 23 December, 2015, 05:05:01 pm »
Sigh.
It looks as if I will finish 2015 heavier than I started it, despite getting down to my lowest weight in about five years at one point.
Oh well, another year, another table...

"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Chris S

« Reply #5803 on: 23 December, 2015, 05:53:55 pm »
Sigh.
It looks as if I will finish 2015 heavier than I started it, despite getting down to my lowest weight in about five years at one point.
Oh well, another year, another table...

Welcome to the club  ::-)

simonp

« Reply #5804 on: 23 December, 2015, 06:22:03 pm »
Same weight as I started the year. Not quite as lean as in the summer. Fitter than 12 months ago.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5805 on: 23 December, 2015, 06:39:18 pm »
I will have finished each of the last four years lighter than I have started. Sort of...

I 'gained' nearly 2kg by getting new SHINY digital scales last Christmas, which I've used all year.

My hip circumference is down so I can kid myself I am less fat.

I'll try to persuade partner to weigh me on the old scales sometime this week.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #5806 on: 24 December, 2015, 09:49:09 am »
well 1 week to go and below target, was 98kg, target 90kg, now 89.9kg.  mind you with the upcoming food on offer this might take a hit.  next years target will be 85kg, and that will be a struggle.  This years target achieved  with the HFLC food regime, and topping 8000km . Really must get a job.Well done to all those who made a loss, and merry crimbletides to one and all, from Me, Blodwyn, Jess and Igor.

« Reply #5807 on: 26 December, 2015, 01:39:20 pm »
Thanks, fboab, for setting up next year's tracker.
I have already signed up for the weight loss challenge at work (again  >:( ).
At least having to publicly record my weight each week means I can't ignore the situation.

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #5808 on: 26 December, 2015, 03:08:05 pm »
Lost another kilo on Xmas Eve due to suspected food poisoning.  :sick:
Couldn't eat anything for over 24 hours. Still not quite 100%, had to postpone the usual feasting, drinking, etc.  :(

Bit of an extreme case, but certainly proof that calorie restriction is effective.  ;D
Looks like I may not bother with intermittent fasting next week as I'm going to have to be careful with my food intake over the next wee while.
Seems fairly likely I'll stay under my target weight for the year, possibly by several kilos. Currently 72.8kg
Embrace your inner Fred.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5809 on: 26 December, 2015, 03:44:47 pm »
Most food poisoning weight loss is water and rapidly regained in recovery.
Total starvation will only result in the loss of the energy equivalent of 200-300 grams of fat in 24 hours.

« Reply #5810 on: 30 December, 2015, 08:25:32 am »
Three pounds up on the year.
Ten pounds up from the minimum of the year.
Sigh.
But there is always next year.

simonp

« Reply #5811 on: 30 December, 2015, 11:58:50 am »
No weight change from start to finish of 2015.

3kg heavier than the week after PBP, which was my lightest this year. ~10kg heavier than the lightest weight I've recorded in these graphs.

Graphs updated for the last time in 2015.

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #5812 on: 30 December, 2015, 12:31:27 pm »
I did far better than I could have imagined. Passed my goal of 75kg a few weeks back, and now down to 72.8kg.

A bout of food poisoning over Xmas meant no need to stick to my fasting regime this week, as I went for a considerable time with no food whatsoever.

Looking ahead to 2016, my efforts will be about weight maintenance rather than further substantial loss, aiming to stay around 72kg and trying to lose what remains of the spare tyre around my midriff. So once I hit 72kg I'll shift to 5:1 fasting for weight maintenance purposes. Gradually I'll look to shifting to a healthier diet which might remove the need for any fasting.
Embrace your inner Fred.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #5813 on: 30 December, 2015, 06:51:44 pm »
Thanks to several stressors in 2015 (divorce, house move, ill parent, daughter left home, work crazy busy) I've managed to put on weight rather than lose it. I've ridden far less than I hoped to, and missed several goals that I'd set myself for the year.

2016 will be different, and will be for me and no-one else.

« Reply #5814 on: 30 December, 2015, 11:48:14 pm »
While I missed my eoy goal, I have managed to get back into the right mindset and I am confident that I will achieve it soon.

The graphs tell their own story, especially the 4 & 6 year :( Far more time expanded than contracted and a sad inability to hold steady.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #5815 on: 31 December, 2015, 01:05:10 pm »
Hello my names is Lou and I need to lose weight - again. 

I'm aiming for 21lbs although people keep telling me that not realistic - believe me I know what the bathroom scales say.

Can I join your thread please? 

I weigh in on a Saturday.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5816 on: 31 December, 2015, 01:05:44 pm »
I have never achieved any weight loss target I set.
I didn't have a target in 2012 but lost a lot.
I've had modest targets for the last three years and failed to make them.

There again, I am immobile and can't exercise at all.
If I make my target, fine. If I don't, I hope I don't gain any weight this year.
I have not been overweight since some time in 2012.

« Reply #5817 on: 31 December, 2015, 02:06:30 pm »
Quite pleased with my progress over the year, although has been slowed over the last 10 days of eating, illness and lack of exercise. My plan is to get back to it again tomorrow. Not to set targets but only to be a lot lighter than I was before Christmas.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #5818 on: 31 December, 2015, 03:07:35 pm »
I was 90.6kg at th start of 2015,  today the scales reading was 84kg  :thumbsup:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5819 on: 31 December, 2015, 03:38:57 pm »
Well done windy!!!

Half a kilogram per month sounds minuscule...

...but it's 6kg at the end of the year.

(and 6.35kg = 1 stone, for those who prefer imperial units)

« Reply #5820 on: 31 December, 2015, 04:53:46 pm »
Hello my names is Lou and I need to lose weight - again. 

I'm aiming for 21lbs although people keep telling me that not realistic - believe me I know what the bathroom scales say.

Can I join your thread please? 

I weigh in on a Saturday.
I used to weigh in on a Monday (fitted the rest of life rather better). I just posted on the following Wednesday and no-one seemed to mind.

« Reply #5821 on: 31 December, 2015, 04:56:21 pm »
...and just ignore what other people tell you about your weight. People in general seem to think that an 'OK' weight is what the medics tell us is 'overweight'. I know that's true with me. We have a weight tracking group at work and various other members asked me why I was bothering. When I said I'm about a stone into the 'overweight' category they were rather shocked.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #5822 on: 31 December, 2015, 05:08:52 pm »
Thanks. I'm at the upper end of a normal BMi but spent most of my life at the bottom end. I'm 5foot and take a size 2.5 shoe, so I should really be at the lower end.  I would like to be a weight that I'm comfortable with rather than what other people tell me I should be.  I think have a couple of weigh in a week will do me good.  I can had a tendency to weigh myself everyday - just to check - so weighing with ww and here will hopefully structure this.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5823 on: 31 December, 2015, 05:09:53 pm »
I've put on about 15kg and 16cm round the waist since reaching my low point of 66kg/82cm in September 2013, and my BMI is back into the 'overweight' category. It's been a stressful two years since then, with difficult situations to cope with both at home and at work, and this has led to bad eating and drinking habits and a much reduced exercise regime.

I'm optimistic that much will improve in 2016 though, so I'm aiming to get back down to 70kg by September, when I shall be doing a LEJOG.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #5824 on: 31 December, 2015, 08:01:23 pm »
I'm happy that three years off the bike have not send me balloooooooooning. My normal fighting weight is about 90-95Kg and now I just about clock 99kg. Yes upon returning from out wee pootle, I'm sure that I was closer to 86-88kg than I ever has been. So yes in one sense I have added a few Kg's, but not the 130Kg+ I once was.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit