Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300523 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #5925 on: 30 January, 2016, 06:37:24 pm »
In fact I have already lost 1.4kg heh  :thumbsup:
Now that is not a bad spot of bowel movement :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

simonp

« Reply #5926 on: 30 January, 2016, 10:46:20 pm »
2016 weights are now included in the graphs.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5927 on: 30 January, 2016, 11:01:37 pm »
Thanks Simon!

« Reply #5928 on: 31 January, 2016, 12:00:09 pm »
First time on the scales for ages - weight is up at 76kg at the mo'. I had been trying to up my protein intake, and combined with steroids, I'm heavier than I've felt in ages. This, despite having given up alcohol 7 months ago. It appears that no matter how much I cycle, I need to remain careful about how much I eat.

I'd like to be back down to 70kg by the 4th week in April. Will be tough.

Managed to get down to 74kg over January by cycling 500km+ a week. Had my hernia op, and suspect that I'll drop a load whilst recovering. My belly is currently full of the CO2 they fill you up with to do keyhole. I feel completely full. I suspect there's a weight loss trick there. Put a port in people and let them fill themselves up with CO2 canisters.

Chris S

« Reply #5929 on: 31 January, 2016, 08:15:24 pm »
Hahaha!! MyFitnessPal just told me off for not eating enough  ;D

I did a fasted 85km ride today - but it was a bit late because I'd taken fboab over to Notts for her Date With Kajsa, so I didn't get back from my ride until teatime (still fasted - I am a Fat Burning BEAST!). So tea is all I'm eating today; 900 kcals of it.

So MFP had a fit. Poor thing.

Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are likely not eating enough.

For safe weight loss, the National Institutes of Health recommends no less than 1000-1200 calories for women and 1200-1500 calories for men.

Completing your diary with fewer than the minimum calories noted above will not generate a news feed post for that day, or show a five-week weight projection.

Even during weight loss, it's important to meet your body's basic nutrient and energy needs. Over time, not eating enough can lead to nutrient deficiencies, unpleasant side effects & other serious health problems.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5930 on: 02 February, 2016, 12:30:02 am »
I appear to have had a backward step. It was caused by an excellent YACF weekend in North Yorkshire, and was therefore Worth It.

Back to the swimming pool in the morning.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5931 on: 03 February, 2016, 11:47:45 am »
I too have gained weight again.  :(
I blame the sodium load in the Chinese takeaway we've been stretching over the last week and haven't yet finished.
I've eaten too much but not massively.
I'll hope for a rapid loss sometime.
Maybe.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #5932 on: 03 February, 2016, 11:54:45 am »
I feel your pain Helen - I've not moved since my Saturday weightwatchers weigh in, which may have something to do with eating Krispy Kremes on Saturday and flapjacks on Sunday!!!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5933 on: 03 February, 2016, 12:10:34 pm »
Thanks!
Not moving would be fine; I now weigh more than I've done all year...

« Reply #5934 on: 03 February, 2016, 02:44:28 pm »
It's Chinese New Year coming up, so we've been cooking a lot, and snacking while cooking. Back on the wagon first day of the new year though.

« Reply #5935 on: 03 February, 2016, 03:27:15 pm »
I'm back where I was at the beginning of the year. Too many cakes, too little willpower. :(

« Reply #5936 on: 09 February, 2016, 10:26:48 am »
I've decided to remove my brain from the process, and bought the diet book that I was most interested in and just decided to follow that. It's The Blood Sugar Diet, as I'm concerned about developing diabetes like the rest of my family. What is interesting is that it admits it's pretty much a crash diet, but it says crash diets aren't that bad.

« Reply #5937 on: 09 February, 2016, 02:51:33 pm »
I'm back where I was at the beginning of the year. Too many cakes, too little willpower. :(

And me plus some.    Get back on the game.
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5938 on: 09 February, 2016, 02:55:11 pm »
I have not had too many cakes; just insufficient willpower...
Cakes are not the only calories...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #5939 on: 09 February, 2016, 02:58:28 pm »
I have stalled but I haven't gone backwards. Once this bloody flu is over, exercise will resume.

essexian

« Reply #5940 on: 10 February, 2016, 07:29:21 am »
Does little dance..... 99.9kg  ;D

Extremely pleased about that!

Does further dance but realises he can't dance and is very sore after last nights late night swimming session. Ouch.

Onwards and downwards... with some luck and a lot of hard work (boss is out of the office today so out for a 40km ride at lunchtime  ;D ).

Chris S

« Reply #5941 on: 10 February, 2016, 09:47:56 am »
The human body is a weird and wonderful thing. Having changed nothing in my exercise and diet, the steady 1Kg a week loss since New Year has ceased - at least for this week. Ho hum.

« Reply #5942 on: 10 February, 2016, 10:13:32 am »
The human body is a weird and wonderful thing. Having changed nothing in my exercise and diet, the steady 1Kg a week loss since New Year has ceased - at least for this week. Ho hum.
And the amount of sleep you're getting?

It's all that cortisol.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #5943 on: 10 February, 2016, 10:32:29 am »
Definitely under 19 stones now! Pleased about that, because I have had a sedentary week of flu, in which I have not really held back on food. Hopefully I will resume cycling and swimming in a couple of days, and the high-salad diet.

Chris S

« Reply #5944 on: 10 February, 2016, 10:41:38 am »
And the amount of sleep you're getting?

It's all that cortisol.

Hmm... there is that. I got to bed at 2 this morning - don't know what your point is!  :facepalm:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5945 on: 10 February, 2016, 12:30:12 pm »
Going nowhere.

Looks like I'm not alone!

« Reply #5946 on: 10 February, 2016, 01:42:57 pm »
5kg lost since the start of the year.  :)  so (for what it's worth) BMI is now 26

But I'm still now only just below, where I was when I started to lose weight last year, but this year, for the first time, has seen a real change in my attitude to snacking and potion size, so I'm hoping this trend can continue.

I'm also continuing to stay off the booze. I've (mostly) got out of the habit of wanting it, but it's meant that my already significant tea consumption has increased....  ::-)
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5947 on: 10 February, 2016, 01:49:10 pm »
5kg lost since the start of the year.  :)  so (for what it's worth) BMI is now 26

But I'm still now only just below, where I was when I started to lose weight last year, but this year, for the first time, has seen a real change in my attitude to snacking and potion size, so I'm hoping this trend can continue.

Well done!

What potions do you recommend?  ;) ;) ;D

« Reply #5948 on: 10 February, 2016, 01:53:11 pm »
opps!  ;D
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

simonp

« Reply #5949 on: 10 February, 2016, 01:55:17 pm »
Pancake day yesterday. Hmm, not sure I really had a 1300kcal deficit even with the ridiculous TrainerRoad workout I did.

Today I forgot to weigh in. Tomorrow it will be.