Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300717 times)

crowriver

• Крис Б
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #5950 on: 12 February, 2016, 10:25:28 am »
Weight currently seems to be going up and down like a yo-yo. Not sure why, except that I have been a bit partial to chocolate and wafer biccies over the past few weeks. Comfort eating in the bleak midwinter? Not sure the fasting has been enough to counter those calories... :-(
Embrace your inner Fred.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #5951 on: 14 February, 2016, 12:58:06 pm »
I'm slowly coming down in weight.  Yesterday I did my weight watchers weigh in and I'm now 2oz off a 9lb loss since 1st Jan.  However, this morning I got on the scales and I seemed to have lost a little more - although could be a weird body fluke - and I'm -9.5lb we will see if this is real when I weigh in for YACF weigh in on Wednesday. 

I'm starving today though, so I'm doing a no count day, where I can eat as much as I like from a particular list of foods. 

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5952 on: 14 February, 2016, 01:06:04 pm »
You seem to be losing weight faster than almost everyone!

9lb in 6 weeks is a lot!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #5953 on: 14 February, 2016, 02:55:49 pm »
Me: just under 96kg, so just about a pound lost.
Mutt: 19.5kg on a full belly, so technically a loss since last weigh in, was on an empty belly. But still need to drop about 2-3kg
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

lou boutin

« Reply #5954 on: 14 February, 2016, 03:35:51 pm »
You seem to be losing weight faster than almost everyone!

9lb in 6 weeks is a lot!

Thanks,

This version of weightwatchers is working for me.  I'm not feeling deprived at all.  When I'm having hungry days I do the 'no count days' so I can eat as much off a given list as I want. As a veggie it works well for me. Today I've had porridge with skimmed milk, berries and cinnamon, a skinny latte, brown sandwich thins by 2 mountains of salad and a banana.  I'm having two field mushrooms, with poached eggs and beans for my dinner which will work out as less points than a normal day but I haven't had to count or weigh anything. 

« Reply #5955 on: 16 February, 2016, 07:01:24 pm »
It's surpring (and annoying) how quickly the weight goes back on.
I was 69.2 kg for several days from 6th Feb.
After a relatively easy week at work followed by an indulgent weekend (lots of food and beer and only a gentle bike ride by way of exercise), I was 71.2kg this morning.
I'm on holiday this week with not much chance to ride my bike (and crap weather so I'm not likely to have the motivation to get out in the opportunities that are available) so I'm going to have to try very hard not to eat/drink too much.
Since we're going away Thu/Fri, cutting down on food and beer isn't going to be easy.
I think going for a run stagger might be the way forward (if I can summon up the tuits).

To compound matters, I start a new job next week and it promises to be less physical: more driving, less carrying/lifting.

« Reply #5956 on: 17 February, 2016, 10:04:19 am »
Hit the biscuits yesterday, and my weight went up by a kilo, which I assume is water linked to glycogen.

« Reply #5957 on: 17 February, 2016, 10:15:03 am »
Sadly 'Lo' on the scales this morning is referring to the battery, not my mass.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5958 on: 17 February, 2016, 01:12:24 pm »
Sadly 'Lo' on the scales this morning is referring to the battery, not my mass.

;D ;D ;D

I'd be very worried if you weighed less than 5kg or whatever your scales' minimum might be...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5959 on: 17 February, 2016, 01:15:21 pm »
I have not weighed myself.

I am on the point of accepting that 62kg might be a sensible weight at which to settle and not striving for further loss.

simonp

« Reply #5960 on: 17 February, 2016, 01:30:55 pm »
Couldn't weigh the cat so had to stand on the scales with him. Fortunately the scales didn't recognise me in this configuration.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5961 on: 17 February, 2016, 01:35:49 pm »
Couldn't weigh the cat so had to stand on the scales with him. Fortunately the scales didn't recognise me in this configuration.

Can't a friendly vet help you with this?

O suppose scales for babies might be OK but probably cost a packet and don't stop the cat jumping away.

« Reply #5962 on: 17 February, 2016, 04:29:16 pm »

Can't a friendly vet help you with this?

O suppose scales for babies might be OK but probably cost a packet and don't stop the cat jumping away.

The cat doesn't want to have to go to where the expensive scales are located- I was worried he seemed thinner after giving blood, but Simon was able to show he's actually the same as he was the day of the procedure. He might just be looking thinner because of the missing fur- but I've always worried about his tendency to go raggy looking at times of stress. I don't think it helps him eating the dog food more than the cat food- but the dog does nothing to stop him  :facepalm:

« Reply #5963 on: 17 February, 2016, 06:26:18 pm »
Not a good week for me.
And I was so good last week, in a hotel for work and not having the cooked breakfast... ???
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #5964 on: 20 February, 2016, 03:32:57 pm »
I gained about half a kg, though that was before deposits, so prolly that same as last week. The mutt has done much better, as she lost about half a kg :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

lou boutin

« Reply #5965 on: 20 February, 2016, 03:48:53 pm »
 I had a bad week this week and struggled to keep to my diet. Luckily I managed to to lose but on,y 0.6lb, so I've now lost 9.4lb. Since 1st Jan

Chris S

« Reply #5966 on: 25 February, 2016, 08:36:10 am »
Not a great week for me this week, either. Stresses of moving house I guess. I only strayed from the path of dietary righteousness for a few days, but stress and poor sleep are evil demons.

simonp

« Reply #5967 on: 25 February, 2016, 08:38:02 am »
-1.7kg today. I am pretty sure I know exactly where I lost that weight.

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
« Reply #5968 on: 25 February, 2016, 08:48:15 am »

A ray of hope. I seem to be following the trend and going the wrong way as well. Only way to limit the climb into the 'eighties' is to restrict my diet, which is hard as I am finding the need for sugar all day!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5969 on: 25 February, 2016, 12:06:55 pm »
GWS if it all enhanced the Bazalguette legacy!

simonp

« Reply #5970 on: 25 February, 2016, 12:11:52 pm »
GWS if it all enhanced the Bazalguette legacy!

Thanks, but not unwell - just a bit of a digestive backlog which finally shifted yesterday.

simonp

« Reply #5971 on: 26 February, 2016, 10:46:39 am »
Another 0.5kg off this morning.

lou boutin

« Reply #5972 on: 27 February, 2016, 11:01:56 am »
I've had a weird week.  I've had an emergency scan and a call to say that I urgently needed to speak to the consultant. I'm not yet a year in remission so it threw me a little, despite there being numerous explanations for my symptoms and my recall.  I fell off the wagon, eat half a packet of biscuits and a bar of chocolate. Needless to say I didn't do well on the scales. I was 1lb up on Wednesday but by today's weightwatchers weigh in I'd managed a 0.2lb loss on last week.  Hey ho.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5973 on: 28 February, 2016, 05:17:38 pm »
After a month hovering (!) around 119/120kg, I seemed, this morning, to have lost a little since Wednesday. Hopefully I can lose a little more by next Wednesday.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #5974 on: 29 February, 2016, 09:11:33 am »
Salt and carb heavy snacking at the weekend, resulting in what I hope I was just water gain. Must remember to pre gorge on fibre rich foods before being tempted by snacks.