Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300488 times)

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #6450 on: 01 February, 2017, 10:05:35 am »
Been stalled since the excesses of Christmas. Not being able to move much has turned me into a slug. If slugs ate doughnuts instead of vegetables.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6451 on: 01 February, 2017, 10:26:07 am »
Weight is same as this time last week, although this time last week I was recovering from a bout of norovirus, so was probably quite dehydrated at time of measuring. Overall trend for January is downwards. Waist also down another 0.5cm. Feeling encouraged.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6452 on: 01 February, 2017, 10:37:01 am »
Up 1kg on last week, but waist measurement down 3cm on the month.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #6453 on: 01 February, 2017, 11:04:31 am »
Up on last week, but it was even worse a few days ago.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

simonp

« Reply #6454 on: 01 February, 2017, 11:24:52 am »
Forgot to weigh myself.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6455 on: 01 February, 2017, 11:54:07 am »
I seem (temporarily, I suspect) to have broken the 60kg barrier.
I was 61.2kg in the early hours of Sunday.

This is noisy progress...

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #6456 on: 01 February, 2017, 11:54:54 am »
Stasis for the third week in a row. At least my weight hasn't increased... 2cm off the waist in a month though.

We'll see how the picture looks this time next month.
Embrace your inner Fred.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #6457 on: 01 February, 2017, 03:08:44 pm »
After the first month of Keto I am 7.2kg down and my waist measurement has reduced by 6cm. So I'm very pleased about that. It is still bizarre not to be hungry... I eat nothing whatsoever between meals and don't find I need to.

We'll see how I feel after another month of what is a slightly repetitive menu choice.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #6458 on: 02 February, 2017, 05:17:29 am »
Noisy week here too! Was up over the weekend and just squeezed under 95.5 this week (last weeks weight). Weekends remain a problem, especially as I'm now doing OT on Saturdays.  OT dinners at work might also present a challenge, but I just have to be disciplined and not insisting of finishing the meal. Belt is feeling a little looser. Still looks fat, though. (Which is helping my motivation!!).

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
  • Yes, I am completely mad ! a.k.a. 333
« Reply #6459 on: 02 February, 2017, 08:16:45 am »
I've been steadily reducing. Yesterday I rode a 300, and had two porridges before starting, a latte and two big cakes at Heathers cafe at 177 km, another garage cafe and Ginsters chicken and mushroom slice at 240 km, and came home at 60.2 km.. what I eat doesn't seem to matter, it's how much I ride that seems to dictate my weight...
I’ve decided I’m not old. I’m 25 .....plus shipping and handling.

Cycling heatmap
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4628735/heatmaps/6ed5ab12#10/51.12782/-3.16388

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #6460 on: 03 February, 2017, 04:42:46 pm »
After the first month of Keto I am 7.2kg down and my waist measurement has reduced by 6cm. So I'm very pleased about that. It is still bizarre not to be hungry... I eat nothing whatsoever between meals and don't find I need to.

We'll see how I feel after another month of what is a slightly repetitive menu choice.

I am impressed! do you have any secrets you could share on making keto work? I'm failing to achieve much and I'm in danger of heading back to Dr Dukan which helped me lose loads of weight three years ago but I'm bored of it now.
Everyone's favourite windbreak

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #6461 on: 03 February, 2017, 08:50:44 pm »
Not really, I'm just sticking to the rules. Tracking on MyFitnessPal, keeping under 40g carbs (mostly 25 per day), protein under 100g, the rest fat. Meals are rather samey and desserts even more so but I can live with the restriction for another two months. I look forward to allowing a few more carbs so I can have a bit of fruit and more onions!

I have made an almond flour cheesecake, some low carb fudge and some low carb waffles. They weren't worth it, the only low carb recipe that worked for me was a Quark pizza base but it wasn't that great. I am living off stir fried veg, meat and cauliflower rice. But I do feel good on it.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
« Reply #6462 on: 04 February, 2017, 02:32:16 pm »
Not really, I'm just sticking to the rules. Tracking on MyFitnessPal, keeping under 40g carbs (mostly 25 per day), protein under 100g, the rest fat. Meals are rather samey and desserts even more so but I can live with the restriction for another two months. I look forward to allowing a few more carbs so I can have a bit of fruit and more onions!

I have made an almond flour cheesecake, some low carb fudge and some low carb waffles. They weren't worth it, the only low carb recipe that worked for me was a Quark pizza base but it wasn't that great. I am living off stir fried veg, meat and cauliflower rice. But I do feel good on it.

I am assuming you weigh everything to get so specific?

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #6463 on: 04 February, 2017, 07:25:50 pm »
Yes, I don't trust my estimates by eye. I weigh everything and track it on MyFitnessPal.

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #6464 on: 06 February, 2017, 12:59:12 am »
Time for me to register!
Everyone's favourite windbreak

« Reply #6465 on: 06 February, 2017, 10:24:24 am »
Im down to 15st 1, which is exactly 4 stone lighter than I was this time last year.

I was strict Keto between Sep and Christmas.   Had a serious plateau in NOV/DEC at 15 stone 10lbs which nothing seemed to shift.   So I decided out of frustration to have Christmas off and eat a load of carbs and sugar in the hope that coming on and off the diet might help.   After Christmas I was 16 3 so a gain of 7lbs.   I had a lot of stomach issues which must have been associated with the sudden intake of carbs and sugar.

I went full keto for the first 2 weeks of January and suffered bad from Keto flu but the results were similar to the first time I tried the diet - immediate and dramatic fat loss.   The 'slim' trousers went from being way too tight, to slightly loose in a fortnight.

My partner is now pregnant and suffering from morning sickness and cravings so low carb is not for her.  This means I have lost the urge to stay under 20g of carb a day.   I have kept up the principles of Keto but reintroduced milk and some more vegand the occasional beer.   If we go out for a meal I eat what I want but try to keep it as low carb and sugar as possible.

I have started running again too which is significantly easier than last year!

End result is steady weight loss again and a much more varied diet.   I think this might be how I have to go for the ret of my healthy life!  A general leaning towards low carb and no sugar with the occasional strict keto period thrown in.   I still feel 'fat adapted' in that I don't have hunger when fasting and long periods of exercise do not leave me needing to constantly feed or feeling hungry for days after.

I have secretly entered a local marathon too.   Im not telling anyone and may not get to the start but its something I always wanted to do but have never been close to being the right weight for.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6466 on: 08 February, 2017, 02:07:50 pm »
NOISE!
I'm back up to 61.3kg, which is much the same as all of last year.

We are about 3/4 of our way through the 2.5kg Christmas chocolate mountain.

I am NOT taking up BHF's Stop the Chox challenge for February; a life without any chocolate is rather miserable.
Which marketing idiot thought eschewing chocolate in the month of Valentine's Day was a good ides?

Is the BHF heartless?  ;) ;D ???

« Reply #6467 on: 09 February, 2017, 03:23:02 am »
Crappy week with lots of overtime, little exercise and crappy food, so there was some hesitation when I was about to stand on the scales this morning, but it was still down 0.5kg?!?.
Still need to lose 2kgs in 2 weeks to meet my first target, which is doable.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6468 on: 12 February, 2017, 12:30:31 pm »
Just a smidge over 18 stone today. That's after yesterday which involved 2 pubs and a tea room.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #6469 on: 12 February, 2017, 02:20:50 pm »
Finally seeing some modest progress. Down to 82.9/83kg boundary today. Hopefully this is the start of breaking the deadlock.
Embrace your inner Fred.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #6470 on: 12 February, 2017, 03:21:05 pm »
.1kg down since last weigh in, December last. This makes me 93.2kg. The mutt is at a steady 16.5kg.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #6471 on: 12 February, 2017, 03:42:49 pm »
Off to Cordoba in the morning. Going to try my best to resist the tapas and paella. :-(

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6472 on: 13 February, 2017, 03:37:29 pm »
Just updated the figures.  Not having a broadband connection at home has made it hard, but I've been tracking my weight pretty much every day.  Of course, that gives a lot of noise, but (apart from two blips), I am making good progress now.  Down about 6kg.

I actually increased my target weight loss on MFP, since I was ridiculously far inside the calorie limit, and that has been helpful.

I am moving steadily towards my 100kg target.  I will review when I hit that.  It might be possible to get down to 90kg and keep it off, especially if I am riding more.
Getting there...

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #6473 on: 13 February, 2017, 04:07:52 pm »
My goal this year is to get my power:weight to 3W/Kg.

I've been doing some hard work in Wattbike classes, to raise my power quite significantly, but my weight has also increased to match the power gains.

There's simply no way I can increase power in the same way I have done this last 12 months, it's bound to plateau, leaving only one option..... LOSE WEIGHT.
The balancing act is to lose more weight than power of course, that means no silly "crash dieting" and using protein in preference to carbs.

I think that using Watts/Kg rather than body-weight alone will make me focus harder on the job in hand (although I'll also settle for my jeans' waistband to under less stress).
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #6474 on: 15 February, 2017, 08:36:08 am »
Up a bit from last reported weight, but not a concern.

I record my weight daily and track average weight (over two weeks).  The general trend continues 'down', and looking at Wednesdays each is lower than the previous.  All good, just with it was all a bit more steady - and faster.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: