Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300811 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #1550 on: 27 April, 2011, 03:45:55 pm »
Back up a bit, but not surprising following Easter feasting and no bike riding the week before (on holiday) or since (lazy).  With the camping weekend coming up I'll be happy to be the same weight next Wednesday, but expect to be up a bit more.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

simonp

« Reply #1551 on: 01 May, 2011, 07:03:58 pm »
Graphs now have absolute and % change.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1552 on: 01 May, 2011, 07:23:24 pm »
The consequences of a week's gorging on French food and wine has been revealed...

...2lbs on this week.  The first weight gain since January.   :-[

Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow! 
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #1553 on: 01 May, 2011, 07:34:17 pm »
I've always wondered why some people put on weight easier/quicker than others? what's the science behind that?

simonp

« Reply #1554 on: 01 May, 2011, 07:36:13 pm »
I've always wondered why some people put on weight easier/quicker than others? what's the science behind that?

They probably fidget, less, are generally physically less active, watch more TV, etc.  Maybe they eat more too.

« Reply #1555 on: 01 May, 2011, 08:53:01 pm »

Another reason can be hormones, for example Thyroxine (people who suffer from hyperthyrodism, over active thyroid gland, will tend to be thin, fidgety, rarely feel the cold, etc; those with hypothyroidism, underactive thyroid gland, will tend to be fatter, tired, lethargic, feel cold).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #1556 on: 01 May, 2011, 08:58:03 pm »
I didn't weight myself this week because I know it will be my 'fat week' of the month  ;D

I am now actively trying not to lose any more weight before the 600k.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1557 on: 01 May, 2011, 09:45:18 pm »

??!!??   :o ;) ;D

I never thought of you as straight or narrow...

« Reply #1558 on: 01 May, 2011, 09:59:56 pm »
LOL!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #1559 on: 02 May, 2011, 07:03:16 am »

Thanks for that.

simonp

« Reply #1560 on: 02 May, 2011, 09:56:29 am »

Thanks for that.

No problem. I think I need to split the graphs up.  Splitting them into two subsets based on above/below median weight for instance.  Each week, when people update their weights, they can move between the upper and lower divisions. :)

Also, I could add BMI.  It would need to know the user’s height (in cm, I suggest, for simplicity).  This would be done by simply putting ‘height=NNcm’ in the body of the post (outside the table).

« Reply #1561 on: 02 May, 2011, 10:00:23 pm »

??!!??   :o ;) ;D

I never thought of you as straight or narrow...

;D You just made me spit at my computer!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #1562 on: 04 May, 2011, 09:30:35 am »
Oh dear...

Easter feasting + camping weekend = a lot more Andrij than there was 3 weeks ago.   :'(

So, time to start behaving again.  And riding my bike more often wouldn't hurt.

simonp

« Reply #1563 on: 04 May, 2011, 09:56:17 am »
I'm 71kg. D'oh! Reckon all this fixed riding is building muscle. That must be it. Right?
 ::-)

« Reply #1564 on: 04 May, 2011, 10:17:18 am »
I've lost quite a bit since christmas with the amount of riding I'm doing - down to 15 stone from 16.  My BMI category is now merely overweight as opposed to obese!   :P

simonp

« Reply #1565 on: 04 May, 2011, 10:48:08 am »
I've lost quite a bit since christmas with the amount of riding I'm doing - down to 15 stone from 16.  My BMI category is now merely overweight as opposed to obese!   :P

Good work!

Chris S

« Reply #1566 on: 04 May, 2011, 10:58:38 am »
I'm 71kg. D'oh! Reckon all this fixed riding is building muscle. That must be it. Right?

Metabolic rubbish left in your legs from the weekend? My weight is up too - but BF% is waaaay down which means the Tanita scales are getting confused by post-audax legs.

simonp

« Reply #1567 on: 04 May, 2011, 11:08:27 am »

Metabolic rubbish left in your legs from the weekend? My weight is up too - but BF% is waaaay down which means the Tanita scales are getting confused by post-audax legs.

I usually find that effect only lasts a couple of days.  However, all it takes is being a little... backlogged.

chillmoister

• King of Compton
« Reply #1568 on: 04 May, 2011, 11:15:47 am »
the answer to this question is possibly burried in this thread somewhere ......I consistently find that my weight goes up by several pounds post audax and after a few day drops back to pre-ride weight or a net loss.  I know i eat alot on the rides but not that much!!  any ideas / answers?
appearing in a tea room near you

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1569 on: 04 May, 2011, 11:18:02 am »
do you have" predictive text" scales on your weighing machine? ;D

Chris S

« Reply #1570 on: 04 May, 2011, 11:18:26 am »
the answer to this question is possibly burried in this thread somewhere ......I consistently find that my weight goes up by several pounds post audax and after a few day drops back to pre-ride weight or a net loss.  I know i eat alot on the rides but not that much!!  any ideas / answers?

Lots of extra chemistry going on - related to recovery. Especially in your legs. This needs lots of water.
Possible backlog? My insides shut down on longer audaxes, and it takes a few days to, erm... get things moving again.
Post-audax Hunger.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #1571 on: 04 May, 2011, 11:28:03 am »

Well, Monday had some tough riding, so I'll try to console myself with the thought the large gain is just a 'post-ride' blip and things will look better next Wednesday.  ;D

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1572 on: 04 May, 2011, 11:33:25 am »
I've lost quite a bit since christmas with the amount of riding I'm doing - down to 15 stone from 16.  My BMI category is now merely overweight as opposed to obese!   :P

That is a major milestone.  If you can build on that and keep (or gain) momentum, it really feels great.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #1573 on: 04 May, 2011, 12:13:03 pm »
Ridden 465km in the last 7 days, but still managed to gain a kilo. I should enter an eating contest.

simonp

« Reply #1574 on: 04 May, 2011, 12:13:57 pm »
TBH, I think it's various muscles getting bigger, waist getting smaller.  I can cope with that.