Author Topic: A home for upwrongs?  (Read 2710 times)

A home for upwrongs?
« on: 20 February, 2009, 11:45:29 pm »
Just realised that strictly this board is for 'bents rather than all trikes. I'm firmly an upright citizen, so do I belong here?

Re: A home for upwrongs?
« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2009, 08:26:36 am »
We can offer advice on your problem and convert you to the Truth and Enlightenment that is the Dark Side.

« Reply #2 on: 21 February, 2009, 09:04:35 am »
This would require me being converted into something else, painfully, owing to the n+1 rule. The upwrong required some negotiation, and I would be breaking promises if I added another, which would have consequences.

Owing to the current value of n, I have to agree that this is an entirely reasonable stance.

As I may have commented elsewhere, I tried a clubmate's trike thirty years ago as a new club rider, and have wanted to repeat the experience ever since, so upright it is.

However, should you meet me somewhere, feel free to let me try your 'bent, unicycle, sociable, quadricycle or other machine that I have never ridden. I may be too nervous for an Ordinary ;D

mtrike

• aka action barbie
« Reply #3 on: 21 February, 2009, 08:05:16 pm »
Rubbish I keep talking about barrows and no one has pulled me up yet.  Perhaps the moderator wouldn't mind explicitly including us after all we are dying breed what with all the falling off.

Sigurd Mudtracker

« Reply #4 on: 21 February, 2009, 10:12:28 pm »
On the original board, upright trikers were specifically included.

Anyway, I think riding a barrow is a lot more difficult than riding a 'bent, however many wheels it might have.  We can hold our heads up proudly.

Sigurd Mudtracker

« Reply #5 on: 21 February, 2009, 10:13:33 pm »
Though I 'm sure there will be someone along momentarily to argue the point!

« Reply #6 on: 21 February, 2009, 11:50:19 pm »
Oh, it's no good just arguing the point theoretically with me. However, as I said, they are welcome to lend me their 'bents and let me make my own decision. :D

Doubt they'll convince me though

« Reply #7 on: 22 February, 2009, 10:40:32 am »

Anyway, I think riding a barrow is a lot more difficult than riding a 'bent, however many wheels it might have.  We can hold our heads up proudly.
Surely with the position on a trike, you mean hold your head down proudly??

Sigurd Mudtracker

« Reply #8 on: 22 February, 2009, 09:17:52 pm »

Surely with the position on a trike, you mean hold your head down proudly??

Well, held awkwardly at an angle, squinting along the road...  ;)

« Reply #9 on: 23 February, 2009, 09:40:04 pm »
upright trikes are very dark side   :thumbsup:
the slower you go the more you see