Author Topic: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)  (Read 2962813 times)

ian

Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Reply #22975 on: 07 April, 2021, 09:19:57 pm »
Maybe Señor Larrer's real name is Valentine McKee and he's got a serious outbreak of graboids in the offing.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #22976 on: 08 April, 2021, 12:39:55 am »
I posit that some other rufty-tufty hairy-arsed hi-viz'd minions actually Did Something at the bottom of the hole quietly enough that it was inaudible over DJ Random's machinations at the back of Larrington Towers, unless digging holes and filling them in again is Bloody Stupid Johnson's answer to the New Deal

Possibly they were non-hi-vis'd minions, and were therefore able to evade detection?

We'll find out if they come back and dig the hole again.

Whatever manner of minion they might have been, they were quiet enow not to draw attention to themselves and have Mr Larrington craning out of the bathroom window to see what manner of hole-related japery they were indulging in.

I note that in spite of there now being no hole there are still three-way temporary traffic lights in place…

Maybe Señor Larrer's real name is Valentine McKee and he's got a serious outbreak of graboids in the offing.

(Googles)

Kevin Bacon was in Novocaine with Helena Bonham Carter, who was in Alice In Wonderland with Paul Whitehouse, who was in The Fast Show with Paul Shearer, to whom I once served tea and mince pies when he, his partner* and their offspring came a-visitin' at Christmas 2002.  Close enough?

* who shared a house with Professor Larrington when they were PSOs
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #22977 on: 08 April, 2021, 11:44:16 am »
Holewatch #4: a single rufty-tufty hairy-arsed hi-viz'd minion was dismantling the barriers around the not-hole earlier and stacking them neatly in the back of a flatbed Transit.  Now, however, there is much noisy power-tool Stuffs.  I presume they are French-polishing the not-hole, or possibly engraving its surface with a bas-relief of Bloody Stupid Johnson or the Union fleg.  Anyway, as soon as I started typing that ^^^^ he switched it off.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #22978 on: 09 April, 2021, 12:20:06 pm »
I was enjoying the 6music Friday Guest Mix from Jayda G. It's bad enough that they interrupted it to pass on a news item that really could have waited 20 minutes for the regular bulletin slot, but they've decided to compound the offence by suspending the broadcast and replacing it with a 'special programme' that's going across the whole flipping network.

Like I'm too much of an imbecile to seek out an actual NEWS channel if that's what I actually wanted to listen to. FFS.

Radio off. And I now daren't think about turning the telly on this weekend either.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

ian

« Reply #22979 on: 09 April, 2021, 12:41:20 pm »
Even Radio X just started blasting out the National Anthem. I thought we'd gone to war or the Government was getting especially zealous and moving beyond mere flags. I had previously assumed that standing to attention in front of the Internet was a bad thing but now I realise it's my patriotic duty.

I quite liked Prince Phillip, he was remarkably good value compared to the current crop of halfwits and child-grabbing imbeciles.

« Reply #22980 on: 09 April, 2021, 12:42:58 pm »
I fucking hate Nicholas Witchel.

He's going to be on the tv for a month now. isn't he.

citoyen

« Reply #22981 on: 09 April, 2021, 01:17:11 pm »
I quite liked Prince Phillip, he was remarkably good value compared to the current crop of halfwits and child-grabbing imbeciles.

I only hated him on a point of principle. Nothing personal, like.

ian

« Reply #22982 on: 09 April, 2021, 01:30:57 pm »
He could always be relied upon to say something entertainingly offensive though, which to be honest is probably just what they're thinking anyway.

« Reply #22983 on: 09 April, 2021, 01:41:54 pm »
He could always be relied upon to say something entertainingly offensive though, which to be honest is probably just what they're thinking anyway.

The BoJo appeal factor, perhaps.

A good friend of mine knew him (in so far as spending quite a bit of time with him on a not infrequent basis,and in both formal and informal settings). Has some amusing anecdotes. Definitely a piss-taker.

Still, not quite sure for what I am supposed to be grateful. He started the DoE award from which many got some benefit. I'm struggling to think of anything else. Seems like a very fortunate person to me. 99 years lived in luxury. Lucky guy.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #22984 on: 09 April, 2021, 02:06:06 pm »
Quote from: ian
He could always be relied upon to say something entertainingly offensive though...
I do so hope his last word or thought was, "Oh, bugger!"

Quote from: Hot Flatus
The BoJo appeal factor, perhaps.
At least, unlike the Prime Muppet, he could string together coherent sentences.  True, they could be remarkably offensive sentences, but they were refreshingly free of half remembered Latin and Greek tags.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #22985 on: 09 April, 2021, 02:07:59 pm »

I only hated him on a point of principle. Nothing personal, like.

Jesus is reading your posts, Citoyen...

citoyen

« Reply #22986 on: 09 April, 2021, 02:26:40 pm »
Jesus is reading your posts, Citoyen...

I'm more concerned about GCHQ, tbh.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #22987 on: 09 April, 2021, 06:08:24 pm »
The fucking royals (not forgetting the earls, barons, knights, viscounts, princes and all of the other 'aristocratic' cunts) are one of the few things to get me shouting at the radio. BSJ is, of course, another. Abolish the lot of them!
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #22988 on: 09 April, 2021, 08:19:55 pm »
The fucking royals (not forgetting the earls, barons, knights, viscounts, princes and all of the other 'aristocratic' cunts) are one of the few things to get me shouting at the radio. BSJ is, of course, another. Abolish the lot of them!
What have you got against Bridget St. John? She's lovely!

« Reply #22989 on: 09 April, 2021, 10:32:59 pm »
I agree. I see them as a complete waste of time.  What I cannot understand is why they think it is clever to wear all those medals which mean nothing as they did not earn them.

My grandfather had a few.  But then he started as a motorcyclist, moved into the RFC as a sergeant and need the first war one short of an ace having been gassed on the way. I have a walking stick made from the propeller of the one he crashed.  He earned his medals.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #22990 on: 09 April, 2021, 11:00:37 pm »
Quite.

My grandpa, born 1921, burned his WWII medals on being demobbed in 1947 in utter fury about the whole thing.

He spent the next 60 years raging at the glorification of war and wankery from politicians (and with a good dose of probable PTSD).

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #22991 on: 09 April, 2021, 11:19:15 pm »
What have you got against Bridget St. John? She's lovely!
Is she still around? She certainly was lovely. I remember her playing at a local folk club about 50 years ago.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #22992 on: 10 April, 2021, 09:58:45 am »
It relates back, obviously, to the historic tradition in which kings and princes did personally lead armies in battle. The last king of Britain to do so was George II at the Battle of Dettingen, 1743. But it also serves to continue the tradition in which military valour is the highest masculine value, and by extension, the worth of militarism itself. It's a slightly more subtle version of the parades of tanks and rockets through Pyongyang and Moscow.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #22993 on: 10 April, 2021, 04:22:51 pm »
BBC: You put up a page saying that you have created a page for people to complain about the almost total blanket coverage you gave to the death of the SO of the parasite-in-chief. However, that page did not provide a link to said complaints page. On searching, I did find a link to the page from The Guardian. However, you have now taken it down.

How do I now complain to you that you have taken down your complaint page?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #22994 on: 10 April, 2021, 04:28:49 pm »
BBC: You put up a page saying that you have created a page for people to complain about the almost total blanket coverage you gave to the death of the SO of the parasite-in-chief. However, that page did not provide a link to said complaints page. On searching, I did find a link to the page from The Guardian. However, you have now taken it down.

How do I now complain to you that you have taken down your complaint page?

One wonders if pressure was brought to bear, given how patriotic our government wants to be seen to be.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

TheLurker

« Reply #22995 on: 10 April, 2021, 04:42:08 pm »
Log a complaint in the usual way.  It only takes a couple of minutes and there is an option for,  "Too Much Coverage".

« Reply #22996 on: 10 April, 2021, 04:47:13 pm »
Yebbut, if I search for 'complaints/make a complaint' I don't get an obvious way to complain...

I don't do this often - first time - so I don't know what the usual way is.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

TheLurker

« Reply #22997 on: 10 April, 2021, 05:34:46 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint

Scroll to the bottom select a category then hit [continue]

« Reply #22998 on: 10 April, 2021, 05:38:19 pm »
Nicholas Witchel is presenting Match of The Day tonight.

citoyen

« Reply #22999 on: 10 April, 2021, 05:42:44 pm »
Nicholas Witchel is presenting Match of The Day tonight.

He can't be any worse than Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas.