Author Topic: Push email help  (Read 2234 times)

Push email help
« on: 15 November, 2009, 04:00:34 pm »
Ive got Push Email on my phone( LG GW520) but i cant get it to auto retreave emails ??? I use hotmail, but ive got to go onto the app and tell it to connect.
Have i got a wrong version of Push email where i have to do this, or are they all the same? How i have read on the internet is when i get an email it will send it straight to my phone.

Any advice?

Don't question. It makes people angry.

Re: Push email help
« Reply #1 on: 15 November, 2009, 05:25:41 pm »
From memory, the applications cannot run in the background as they are java based so you have to open the app each time. Is that what you mean??

« Reply #2 on: 15 November, 2009, 08:22:43 pm »
From memory, the applications cannot run in the background as they are java based so you have to open the app each time. Is that what you mean??

Ahh ok, not what i thought then.
Ive set the email up on the phone instead, and it connects and checks every 30mins(could do it every 15) to look for emails.
It just wont vibrate when i get an email ??? Looked in all the bloody settings aswell ::-)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 15 November, 2009, 08:26:25 pm »
It just wont vibrate when i get an email ??? Looked in all the bloody settings aswell ::-)

Just shake it a bit when you get an email.

You'll save on battery too.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #4 on: 15 November, 2009, 08:41:12 pm »
I set mine up to get emails every 15mins & it eats the battery!

« Reply #5 on: 15 November, 2009, 09:26:27 pm »
I set mine up to get emails every 15mins & it eats the battery!
Ive gone for 30mins, in the hope it wont do, if it starts to eat the battery, it will go on an hour.
I thought i read that the push email will sent them to the phone when i get an email, but mine wont :-\