Author Topic: It's snowing!  (Read 438301 times)

Re: It's snowing!
« Reply #5750 on: April 12, 2021, 11:14:13 am »
An inch or two here in Reading. Stopped by 9am. It's mostly melted now. The sun's come out to finish it off.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #5751 on: April 12, 2021, 11:26:50 am »
Heaviest frost in living memory on my car this morning.
Sic transit and all that..

« Reply #5752 on: April 12, 2021, 03:37:49 pm »
An inch or two here in Reading. Stopped by 9am. It's mostly melted now. The sun's come out to finish it off.

Just before 8am I should have been commuting but looked at large fluffy flakes of falling snow and decided that I would rather dial into the 8:30 call from home. Cue client remote access servers being down so no access to my calendar and the meeting number.  :facepalm:

By 8:30 it was fine flakes and I left for site at 8:50 when IT confirmed the remote access was out. By then it had stopped snowing and had started melting, by the time I arrived at work no one would have know it had even snowed.  :'(

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #5753 on: May 05, 2021, 12:46:26 pm »
Had some snow showers this morning, hailing now.

« Reply #5754 on: May 07, 2021, 11:43:54 am »
I got caught in a snow shower that quickly turned to hail walking the dog yesterday tea time. Had to shelter under a tree and then again in the gazebo at the pub (which was better than the tree because beer).
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.