Author Topic: Trike  (Read 12005 times)

border-rider

Re: Trike
« Reply #50 on: 21 January, 2010, 03:56:59 pm »
I've just taken mine into Monmouth, towing a damn big trailer full of recycling stuff and brought it home with groceries.  Great fun :)

It's hard to imagine a rig that gets you more attention on the road, and which could leave you in such a mess if you get it wrong on a corner :)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #51 on: 21 January, 2010, 04:03:08 pm »

Since the right hand wheel is unweighted in a right turn this is not to be unexpected.

It was sufficiently unexpected to induce a brown-trouser-moment ;D I did enjoy the adrenalin rush though.
It is clear that there is much to learn about where the limits are.

addendum:- I forgot to say that the wheel-lifting cornering was not fast,it was rather slow.In fact slow would be the correct adjective for the whole ride. ::-)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #52 on: 21 January, 2010, 04:05:56 pm »
I've just taken mine into Monmouth, towing a damn big trailer full of recycling stuff and brought it home with groceries.  Great fun :)

It's hard to imagine a rig that gets you more attention on the road, and which could leave you in such a mess if you get it wrong on a corner :)

that's interesting.Which method do you use to connect the trailer to the trike?

border-rider

« Reply #53 on: 21 January, 2010, 04:11:05 pm »
It's got a high hitch that connects to a ball behind the seat:

There's an unnerving degree of flex in that hitch though, and it occasionally gets a very nasty resonance if the trailer is heavily-loaded.  I must think about beefing it up.

It does mean that the whole rig can turn within its own length though :)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #54 on: 21 January, 2010, 04:14:14 pm »
Thanks for that

Sigurd Mudtracker

« Reply #55 on: 21 January, 2010, 09:08:13 pm »
I have a Y-frame trailer which I bought with the assurance that it would easily fit my trike.  Other than bolting something onto the rear axle in an agricultural manner I haven't worked out how.  Mind you, one cantilever brake up front and a drum brake behind doesn't give me much confidence in braking abilities when loaded.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #56 on: 21 January, 2010, 09:25:03 pm »
It's got a high itch that connects to a ball behind the seat:

Good grief, keep that sort of thing to Health & Fitness! :o ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #57 on: 22 January, 2010, 02:19:23 pm »
So who was riding a trike down the side of Tooting Bec Road in Streatham/Tooting last night?

paul851

« Reply #58 on: 18 September, 2020, 04:26:02 pm »
Thread resurrection  ;D

It's a small world , I have recently purchased this very same trike from a seller in Preston I don't suppose any of the original posters on this thread are still about and have any of the trikes background history  ?

OK, jogler...

This baby is ready for you to collect and borrow for a while - bring a saddle and a quill stem if possible. The bars are high and untaped so that you can decide a comfy position first. I'd hate you to crash into that first hedge without feeling comfortable.  ;D  This thing scared me half to death when I first got it - be careful!

One of the front brakes is squealing, I hope it's because the rim is new.  :-\

I haven't riden it since I got my Longstaff - this Rogers is heavy to pedal and has twitchy steering in comparison.

You giving away trikes Gordy?!?!  Can I be next in line, please?   :thumbsup:

;D