Author Topic: Hmmm...  (Read 2245 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Hmmm...
« on: 23 June, 2011, 07:28:28 pm »
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Re: Hmmm...
« Reply #1 on: 23 June, 2011, 08:04:28 pm »
No - that looks all wrong, not pretty.  Has it been standing in food colouring dye?

« Reply #2 on: 23 June, 2011, 08:18:13 pm »
Bluing down the vase and windowsill suggests a white/yellow rose that's been colourised to me.  Roger's too classy for photoshop, so is it some sort of physical filter?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 23 June, 2011, 08:19:47 pm »
IR?
Getting there...

rogerzilla

« Reply #4 on: 25 June, 2011, 04:08:59 pm »
Photoshop.  I don't think a blue rose would look good, having "made" one.  The genetically-engineered ones (with delphinium genes) are dark purple anyway.

My father spent years trying to breed a yellow sweet pea - similarly impossible.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #5 on: 26 June, 2011, 11:33:54 am »
Years ago, I remember some advertising blurb from Friends Provident, which included a blue rose, which they'd had specially bred.  From memory, it was a slightly lighter shade than the above example.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

rogerzilla

« Reply #6 on: 26 June, 2011, 12:57:03 pm »
Years ago, I remember some advertising blurb from Friends Provident, which included a blue rose, which they'd had specially bred.  From memory, it was a slightly lighter shade than the above example.

It would have been 'shopped.  Roses (except the recently GMed ones, and they're really purple) don't have the right genes to make blue.  OK, there are conventionally hybridised "blue roses" like Blue Moon, but they're an insipid lilac.