Author Topic: 24 hour TT for recumbents too  (Read 2523 times)

Wothill

• over the hills and far away
Re: 24 hour TT for recumbents too
« Reply #1 on: 02 November, 2011, 11:09:11 pm »
I'd be interested in principle but I am not sure if I could stand going round and round such a short circuit for 24 hours. It sounds a lot different from the Mersey Roads or the recent one in Surrey(?)

« Reply #2 on: 04 November, 2011, 08:26:11 pm »
I've only done one TT before - an "invitational" where anyone could turn up and ride. So I turned up in full Audax mode complete with mudguards, hub dynamo, rack pack, multiple front and rear lights, radio, etc.

Personally I hated it. Far too much like exercise for my gentile nature. However I'd be happy to flog myself half to death to support your enlightened event Mr Teeth.

Have you organised preferential repatriation rates for The Fallen during the event?
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #3 on: 04 November, 2011, 10:27:56 pm »
I'd be interested in principle but I am not sure if I could stand going round and round such a short circuit for 24 hours. It sounds a lot different from the Mersey Roads or the recent one in Surrey(?)

If you ride a recumbent, I think this will be the only event in Britain that you can ride if you want to do a 24 hour.
It won't be the same as the Mersey or Sussex 24. You could always do it as part of a team. It might not be ideal, but it is something.

« Reply #4 on: 04 November, 2011, 10:31:56 pm »
I've only done one TT before - an "invitational" where anyone could turn up and ride. So I turned up in full Audax mode complete with mudguards, hub dynamo, rack pack, multiple front and rear lights, radio, etc.

Personally I hated it. Far too much like exercise for my gentile nature. However I'd be happy to flog myself half to death to support your enlightened event Mr Teeth.

Have you organised preferential repatriation rates for The Fallen during the event?

If you want to just support the event, the best thing to do is ride it as a team and just do it for a laugh. No need to take it serious if you don't want to.
But if you want to do a solo ride, then go for it.

« Reply #5 on: 05 November, 2011, 12:05:46 am »
A team of recumbents? Paging Mr Forrest, Wothill, xrtim...

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #6 on: 05 November, 2011, 03:33:01 am »
Wobbly, Have a look on the thread linked in the OP.
There's a discussion on there and also on the BHPC site  :)

Rich

« Reply #7 on: 05 November, 2011, 07:45:52 am »
I just realised I put "gentile" instead of "gentle". What an idiot.

« Reply #8 on: 06 November, 2011, 11:12:20 am »
Alf - I'll be going down for this if you fancy sharing a lift.

24 hours going round and round and round. You know you want to...  :P

recumbentim

• Only 6 SR,s No hyper yet
« Reply #9 on: 07 November, 2011, 09:40:32 pm »
A team of recumbents? Paging Mr Forrest, Wothill, xrtim...
I will try to do this , but it will be a real challenge cause E. fixed and Wothill are a bit faster than me.So Iwill do car or van sharrin stuff??

« Reply #10 on: 07 November, 2011, 09:44:30 pm »
It'll be a relay, so you'd be riding at your own pace on your own, not keeping up with the rest of your team as a group.

recumbentim

• Only 6 SR,s No hyper yet
« Reply #11 on: 08 November, 2011, 06:54:32 pm »
It'll be a relay, so you'd be riding at your own pace on your own, not keeping up with the rest of your team as a group.
Na , I will be a solo entry.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #12 on: 08 November, 2011, 06:58:10 pm »
Hey , hang on ... a 24H team time trial would be awesome.  :P
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #13 on: 11 November, 2011, 02:52:21 am »
Na , I will be a solo entry.

Bravo!

Wothill is startlingly fast judging by PBP. I had seven tandems to draft and he still left us in the dust!