Author Topic: Bike Friday Twosday?  (Read 2916 times)

Karen Sutton

Bike Friday Twosday?
« on: 03 April, 2008, 10:03:53 pm »
Does anyone know anything about these?  Are they any good?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Bike Friday Twosday?
« Reply #1 on: 03 April, 2008, 10:19:45 pm »
They are a little more flexible than a modern high-performance tandem but stiffer than old tandems.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #2 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:08:28 pm »
Yes, I have one, bought secondhand in 2001. Only used occasionally, Mrs O can't ride solo. Main advantage is being able to transport it inside the car in folded form. Haven't had any problems. My usual mount is a Moulton, so I'm used to small wheels and the resultant "quick response".

Karen Sutton

« Reply #3 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:18:26 pm »
orienteer, what do you mean by quick response? 

Is it that it gets going quickly?  If so that would be an improvement on the tandem trike, which is like a slug.. ) to 10 miles per hour in five minutes :o

There is one of these for sale on the CTC board, but two of us have posted asking the seller where he is based and he hasn't replied.  (He only posted it on the For Sale Board yesterday too).

I wonder if it's worth a trip to Avon Valley Cyclery to check the Two'sday out?  It seems they are the only UK dealers for them.

« Reply #4 on: 05 April, 2008, 10:41:45 pm »
I mean the steering response: if you're used to big wheels, small wheelers can feel "twitchy" to start with. Yes it accelerates rapidly.  I'm in Uxbridge if you want to see/try mine rather than go to Bath - PM me.

« Reply #5 on: 05 April, 2008, 10:52:55 pm »
There's one for sale on the Velovision Smallads - this one say's it's in Norfolk.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Karen Sutton

« Reply #6 on: 07 April, 2008, 11:10:40 pm »
There's one for sale on the Velovision Smallads - this one say's it's in Norfolk.

I think this one is also on the CTC message board for sale bit.  I've responded and sent a PM to Clive, and someone else has responded to the MB ad.  Unfortunately he hasn't replied.  It's the same description and price so looks like the same one.

I've sent an email to Bike Friday asking for some info on the brakes because someone on the Tandem Club discussion board thinks the Twosday needs a better brake on the back due to overheating of the 20" rims.