Author Topic: Boris's olympic welcome  (Read 3255 times)

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Boris's olympic welcome
« on: 25 July, 2012, 11:49:28 pm »
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Boris's olympic welcome
« Reply #1 on: 25 July, 2012, 11:53:40 pm »
 :D

Love the Chris Morris on the end!

« Reply #2 on: 26 July, 2012, 12:01:22 am »
Superb  :D

« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2012, 12:46:54 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rich

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #4 on: 27 July, 2012, 03:00:29 pm »
I was very relieved when t'other chap wasn't elected - Boris is often the best show on telly!
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

jane

• Mad pie-hating female
« Reply #5 on: 27 July, 2012, 03:23:20 pm »
I was very relieved when t'other chap wasn't elected - Boris is often the best show on telly!
Are you a Londoner?  I think what we Londoners need is someone who has a real  vision of a London that works well for as many of it's citizens as possible, not a bolt hole for the rich. Over half of us were not happy with his election.   I am fed up with people telling me that Boris is just so much funnier and more entertaining than Ken.  So what? 
   Not sure about the video, however.  Boris, without help, appears as an amusing, kindly and genial buffoon,  a cleverly studied performance he plays up to the hilt, I reckon, that I am thoroughly fed up with after one term of office, now faced with putting up with it for another. With the help of a bit (or a lot) of  cutting and editing, this cheery, friendly buffoon effect is multiplied to nauseous proportions.  I know it's taking the p***s out of him, but I'd prefer it done without having to look at him or hear his overly eager, plummy voice, anymore, thankyou. Excuse me while I  and go and stick pins in a picture of him, then burn it on my barbecue.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6 on: 27 July, 2012, 03:49:23 pm »
Agreed jane. London's politics are serious; clowns are fine in a circus.
I want a clever politician to run our city, not a bumbling, bluffing buffoon who knows not his arse from his elbow when asked questions of substance.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #7 on: 27 July, 2012, 04:08:01 pm »
I hate Boris Johnson. He represents the triumph of shallow media over serious politics and this has a devastating effect on people's lives, to the point of ending them. See Olympic Superhighway 2, Bow Interchange. Also http://road.cc/content/news/62314-boris-johnson-says-motorists-free-encroach-barclays-cycle-superhighways.

The irony was that Brian Dorling, one of the victims of TfL's lethal scheme, worked at the Olympic site.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #8 on: 27 July, 2012, 06:47:05 pm »
I hate Boris Johnson. He represents the triumph of shallow media over serious politics and this has a devastating effect on people's lives, to the point of ending them. See Olympic Superhighway 2, Bow Interchange. Also http://road.cc/content/news/62314-boris-johnson-says-motorists-free-encroach-barclays-cycle-superhighways.

The irony was that Brian Dorling, one of the victims of TfL's lethal scheme, worked at the Olympic site.
Wot 'e sed.

« Reply #9 on: 27 July, 2012, 06:58:23 pm »
Yeah. I was gutted when he got in a second time.

The thing is, I think he is clever. The bumbling buffoon thing is an act. He knows exactly what he's doing.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #10 on: 27 July, 2012, 07:25:48 pm »
And it's EVIL!

« Reply #11 on: 27 July, 2012, 07:55:52 pm »

The thing is, I think he is clever. The bumbling buffoon thing is an act. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Totally.
If you're next to him when he does this, it's as clear as the light of day.
'Camera never lies' doesn't apply, in this instance.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #12 on: 27 July, 2012, 08:38:37 pm »
Zoink!
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: 01 August, 2012, 03:56:02 pm »
For those wondering what it might look like if Boris got strung up...

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-08-01/boris-johnson-left-hanging-halfway-down-a-zipwire/
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #14 on: 01 August, 2012, 08:35:58 pm »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jul/31/boris-johnson-rupert-murdoch-olympics?

"Boris Johnson invites Rupert Murdoch as personal guest to Olympic event"

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #15 on: 05 August, 2012, 11:57:01 pm »
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.