Author Topic: Attention to detail  (Read 1367 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Attention to detail
« on: 30 September, 2012, 01:26:02 pm »
On Friday I had occasion to take a cab to Paddington station.

The cabbie asked if I wanted to go to the rank at the back, or was happy to be dropped off in Praed Street. I took the latter option then asked in the rank was as bad as it looked like from a passengers point of view. Off he went on one about how there should have been consultation, and if there was it wasn't listened to.

Not like the Olympics at all. Had I seen the Cabbie's Book for the Olympics? He passed it back to me through his little window.

All the London and surrounding venues, with maps, capacities, dates of operation, Olympics Lanes and way, way more. All in a spiral bound proper printed A4 booklet. The Road Race, Time Trial and so on.

Now I know money is involved, but we have had shedloads of projects with lots of money that were crap. Badly thought out, badly implemented and ignorant of the customer.

This was different and a model of how to do things right.
It is simpler than it looks.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Attention to detail
« Reply #1 on: 30 September, 2012, 03:19:13 pm »
Indeed, something that struck me when I was watching the opening ceremony of the Paralympics was that the volunteers had hi-contrast shirts on (NOT Hi-Viz, but darkish coloured shirts with a bright coloured print on them), a little thing, but something that I believe would have been appreciated by those with limited vision.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Re: Attention to detail
« Reply #2 on: 30 September, 2012, 03:29:13 pm »
Our very own Psychler mentioned this, I think, a few months ago and was kind enough to send me a pdf of it.
It does, as you say, make interesting reading....... it needn't always be shabby an c@rp, need it?