Author Topic: Justgiving pages .... mild rant  (Read 1258 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Justgiving pages .... mild rant
« on: 09 September, 2008, 01:36:37 pm »
I know some of the people on here use Justgiving ... I've discovered something that's completely bonkers. 

Bear with me ...

If you have a JG page there's a link to the specified event at the top - clicking that shows the other people that also have JG pages for the same event ... BUT the listing only shows the people that have uploaded their own image (i.e. if like, probably, most people the JG page owner has used a "stock" JG picture they will not appear)

This came to light when I was trying to find the JG listings for MacRide ... a handful showed ... but we knew there were others ... we have now "found" over £3,000 of contributions we didn't know about  ;D ;D

That's good BUT what a pain.   The charity itself should be able to check all this out, but as a volunteer organiser it's frustrating when we're trying to assess the success of the event.

... and if you were going to ask, MacRide last Sunday was "interesting" with "deep surface water" (aka floods!) - see the Photo Archive at  www.macride.org.uk  for some wet and happy MacRiders

Rob