Author Topic: Took my bike to Hawaii  (Read 1876 times)

Took my bike to Hawaii
« on: 04 April, 2016, 07:20:40 pm »
Hard to find the time to ride when on vacation/holiday with the family.
But was able to sneak in a couple of short trips. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNp0bROLCo&index=1&list=UUHyRS8bRu6zPoymgKaIoDLA

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Re: Took my bike to Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2016, 08:22:09 pm »
How hot was it out there? I did a bit (a very little bit) of cycling in Central America, not unadjacent to the equator, a couple of weeks back and the heat nearly killed me.

« Reply #2 on: 18 April, 2016, 07:34:19 pm »
How hot was it out there? I did a bit (a very little bit) of cycling in Central America, not unadjacent to the equator, a couple of weeks back and the heat nearly killed me.

Sorry for the delayed response; only check in once in a while here.

Temperature(s) weren't so bad. But it was sunny everyday. I usually put sunblock on
my face and the back of my neck. Forgot to put some on my arms; got sun burned a bit.   

« Reply #3 on: 18 April, 2016, 09:13:36 pm »
In 1998 I rode around Big Island Hawaii taking in the volcanic stuff, outrigger canoe trip and historic north; plus the triathlon course.  This was in March/April and temperatures were low to mid 20s C so not at all hot.  It was very cold at 14,000 feet when I visited the observatories (not by bike).

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4 on: 04 May, 2016, 03:32:54 pm »
I was there in 96 and I remember lots of the locals cycling but the odd thing was they all rode on the wrong (ie left) side of the road, into the oncoming traffic. Do they still do that?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.