Author Topic: Gratuitous cat pics - new and improved!  (Read 561696 times)

border-rider

Re: Gratuitous cat pics - new and improved!
« Reply #1525 on: 12 January, 2012, 12:24:49 am »
Oh that's sad; she looked lovely. 16 isn't too bad an innings though.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1526 on: 12 January, 2012, 12:47:35 am »
When you get home does your cat join you in your vehicle . . . ? Interesting dashboard ornament . . .

VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #1527 on: 12 January, 2012, 02:21:00 am »
When you get home does your cat join you in your vehicle . . . ? Interesting dashboard ornament . . .

Yes, my Siamese both hop in then proceed to use the rear seats as their scratching post!
Kiri also likes to get into supermarket delivery vehicles. I have to check where she is before they are allowed to drive off!

« Reply #1528 on: 12 January, 2012, 09:02:16 am »

Well, not in, because my bike doesn't really have an in, but Talisker would jump onto the rack to really make sure I noticed him, and give him a fluff.
Actually, it is rocket science.

fuzzy

« Reply #1529 on: 12 January, 2012, 11:20:27 am »
Many years ago, one of our cats used to adorn the parcel shelf whilst I drove out to collect SWMBO from work.

« Reply #1530 on: 12 January, 2012, 11:28:07 am »
A friend of my fathers, who was a GP, used to have her cat in her car when she went out to visit patients.  As with Fuzzy, the cat used to just sleep on the rear parcel shelf.  I guess it's an improvement upon a nodding dog!

border-rider

« Reply #1531 on: 12 January, 2012, 11:38:51 am »

Oh yes. We usually have to extricate Tam from the car, and quite often from delivery vans.

<excuse to repost these from last winter>

« Reply #1532 on: 16 January, 2012, 09:33:29 pm »
It's cold outside so Kiri and Rico have no intention of leaving the comfort of their radiator bed!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1533 on: 16 January, 2012, 09:40:11 pm »
Wow, that's almost exactly what my parents' cats used to look like, only the other way up: Cleo, the somewhat lardy Seal point would usually decide to climb in second, with polite licking deteriorating into head-kicking and neck-biting when she inevitably failed to keep her back feet on the top of the radiator and would fall gracelessly on top.  They'd generaly flop around like that for a while before one of the tubes supporting the bed would work loose and the side would collapse, with both cats sliding reluctantly to the floor.  They would then wander off pretending that they meant to do that.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1534 on: 17 January, 2012, 10:20:15 pm »

Well, this goombah went missing on Sunday night. Didn't show for breakfast on Monday or dinner or indeed breakfast this morning. This afternoon SWMBO is off to the doctor's. As she's getting into her car she sees a kerfuffle going on in mine.

The little sod had sneaked in to my car when I came home from Mum's on Sunday evening, luckily he held on to his doings until she let him out this afternoon. I'm checking carefully from now on!

VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #1535 on: 17 January, 2012, 11:29:34 pm »

Well, this goombah went missing on Sunday night. Didn't show for breakfast on Monday or dinner or indeed breakfast this morning. This afternoon SWMBO is off to the doctor's. As she's getting into her car she sees a kerfuffle going on in mine.

The little sod had sneaked in to my car when I came home from Mum's on Sunday evening, luckily he held on to his doings until she let him out this afternoon. I'm checking carefully from now on!

You were luckier than my daughter who accidentally left Rico shut in her bedroom this morning. She got home from school to find he had pissed in her laundry bin and crapped on her bed!  :facepalm:

fuzzy

« Reply #1536 on: 18 January, 2012, 10:43:56 am »

You were luckier than my daughter who accidentally left Rico shut in her bedroom this morning. She got home from school to find he had pissed in her laundry bin and crapped on her bed!  :facepalm:

That'll learn her ::-)

border-rider

« Reply #1537 on: 18 January, 2012, 11:10:27 am »
We shared a house at university with a bloke (let's call him "Karl") who was really, really rubbish at getting course work in on time.  One essay had been haunting him for weeks; he'd got an extension, then another, and finally (miraculously) finished it on a Sunday evening, leaving him time to go to the pub to celebrate.

Unfortunately he made he mistake of feeding the cat a very out-of-date kipper and then accidentally locking it in his room when he went out. Said cat was explosive at both ends all over Karl's shiny new (handwritten in those days) essay which he'd left spread out along his windowsill ...

And then next day he had to go and try to explain to his tutor that he really had done the essay this time, but...

He took the essay in in a plastic bag, but the tutor chose not to try to read it.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1538 on: 18 January, 2012, 01:32:39 pm »
I had the opposite happen once:  The school caretakers cat, who was quite elderly and not entirely in control of his bodily fluids, liked to sneak into the music rooms in search of warmth.  Unfortunately this would sometimes turn out to be a pile of freshly-marked essays next to a radiator...

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #1539 on: 18 January, 2012, 06:57:11 pm »
My sister sent me this photo of one her cats, Ffwdan - and what had kept him occupied that afternoon:

« Reply #1540 on: 18 January, 2012, 11:10:48 pm »

Similarly my son took the kitten to bed with him last night. His bed is one of those bunks with a desk under and too high for said kitten to jump down from. He had to decamp to a sofa in the night and much laundry has been done today.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

antonela

« Reply #1541 on: 20 January, 2012, 08:20:57 am »
Some of these stories are great.

A few years ago we had just got the christmas tree home and decorated it, we were all in the kitchen when there was a huge crash and we found the car sitting amongst the fallen tree, presents and christmas decorations everywhere, and looking very sheapish.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1542 on: 23 January, 2012, 07:43:35 pm »

Meet our new kitty, she's about 6months old anna stray. The photo's don't do her justice, she is absolutely gorgeous in real life. Her and Frankie don't see eye to eye yet, she keeps hissing and growling at him, he growls every so often.

She doesn't have a name yet but Lyn is calling her Charlie so it may well be that.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1543 on: 23 January, 2012, 07:47:02 pm »
... She doesn't have a name yet but Lyn is calling her Charlie so it may well be that.
If you're going to use male names, then you should call her Johnny!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1544 on: 23 January, 2012, 07:55:03 pm »
Charlie is unisex these days. But I think it was because she reminds her of Charlie Chaplin lol. I want something cooler like Midnight, or Winter
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1545 on: 24 January, 2012, 12:09:51 am »
Charlie is unisex these days. ...
Yes, but that wouldn't have supported my argument, so I ignored it. ;D

... I want something cooler like Midnight, or Winter
Remember, you want something you can shout out the door when trying to find her, for feeding / vet visits / random other cat finding purpose.  If you pick the wrong name, it could be embarrassing!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1546 on: 24 January, 2012, 09:24:46 am »
True. Anyways, she's terrorising Frankie atm, he's realised he's bigger so isn't so fussed about attacking her but she's using guerilla tactics, every time he sits down to snooze, she sneeks up and whacks him on the face, does the whole hissy thing and then runs off and hides underneath the sofa. Other than that she stops him in his path by coming out and growling/hissing and they just stare at each hour for minutes/hours. Frankie as that sad look of bemusement on his face saying why have you ruined a perfect thing?

Is this normal?

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1547 on: 24 January, 2012, 10:24:20 am »
That does sound a bit like Zev and Kai.

I think, as long as they're not really aggressively fighting ie arched back, all fur on end, lots of teeth and claws, and drawing noticeable amounts of blood, it's probably OK.

I'd guess it's a combination of trying to sort out their hierarchy, and also that kittens do play fight a lot.

Kai's a lot older than Zev, but he will join in sometimes, on other occasions he just ignores her, aside from the odd swipe of a paw to warn her off.  What used to fascinate Zev, was Kai's big fluffy tail, which he would of course start twitching when she was annoying him, and which just encouraged her to attack it!  She's not quite so bad with that now.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1548 on: 24 January, 2012, 12:57:39 pm »
Ah yes the big fluffy tail, Frankie has the same lol

Support Equilibrium

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1549 on: 24 January, 2012, 01:56:57 pm »
So decided to call her Lumen, she is now confident enough to sleep on the sofa instead of underneath it. Frankie has his own reading chair he's claimed.

Weirdest thing happened though, I let Frankie out earlier, his arch nemesis is Chip, the local half red half grey squirrel, they torment eachother. They were sat on the grass about a foot away from eachother looking through the glass door at Lumen who was hissing and growling at them.

Support Equilibrium