Author Topic: Gratuitous cat pics - new and improved!  (Read 569160 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Re: Gratuitous cat pics - new and improved!
« Reply #1625 on: 04 April, 2012, 09:33:29 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXpJAfTapxk&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/bXpJAfTapxk&rel=1</a>
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1626 on: 04 April, 2012, 09:40:04 pm »
They're definitely proper little cats now. :) :thumbsup:
Actually, it is rocket science.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1627 on: 04 April, 2012, 10:28:23 pm »
Yup they can run and climb. It's enough to make me worried. Frankie will often jump through the window, see them and growl at them and walk off. Now they chase after him which worries me.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1628 on: 04 April, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »
Hmm.  Kai was incredibly tolerant of Zev when she was younger.  She would launch herself at him quite aggressively, repeatedly, and he generally didn't do too much back to her.  He could have quite easily clobbered her, but seemed to choose not to.

Now, maybe he's unusual, but I suspect there's something inbuilt in many mammals that have some degree of cooperative behaviour (and admittedly cats are not pack animals, but they do seem to have some sort of social structure) that encourages them not to be excessively aggressive towards the younger more stupid members of their species.

The chances are that he'll just work out newer and better ways to avoid them, rather than them working out how to chase him down.  They're bound to be curious about him, because that's how they're wired up.  Cats are naturally curious, as are the young of most species, so they've got double the trouble!

Anyway, keep the kitten pictures and videos coming. ;D :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1629 on: 04 April, 2012, 11:26:22 pm »
Ah he can run away outside or onto the bed which is at head height.

Support Equilibrium

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #1630 on: 05 April, 2012, 07:11:08 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXpJAfTapxk&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/bXpJAfTapxk&rel=1</a>

That's so cute.

« Reply #1631 on: 09 April, 2012, 07:15:02 pm »
Kiri says 'OMG there's a dog in mai heated bed!'

« Reply #1632 on: 10 April, 2012, 04:29:41 pm »

Kai came and sat on my lap for a short while earlier, when it started pouring down outside.  Miraculously he came in just after it started, so was almost dry, with just a few drops having hit him.  A second miracle involved me having a camera, so I took a few shots of him sat there.

I'm still amazed by how different he looks after only a bit over 6 months, compared to this shot that Loafheads took of him.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1633 on: 10 April, 2012, 08:52:35 pm »
Bobb's cat, the legendary Boris the Blade. He's a lovely cat, but a bit badly-behaved. He hasn't really got the hang of posing for photos either.

My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #1634 on: 10 April, 2012, 10:56:03 pm »
... He hasn't really got the hang of posing for photos either. ...

Oh, I don't know, he seems to have cracked the "moving just as the shutter button is pressed" bit down perfectly. ;D

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1635 on: 10 April, 2012, 11:56:01 pm »

Kai came and sat on my lap for a short while earlier, when it started pouring down outside.  Miraculously he came in just after it started, so was almost dry, with just a few drops having hit him.  A second miracle involved me having a camera, so I took a few shots of him sat there.

I'm still amazed by how different he looks after only a bit over 6 months, compared to this shot that Loafheads took of him.

Seems to have grown quite a bit!

Support Equilibrium

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #1636 on: 11 April, 2012, 07:50:34 am »

Sir Scoville by marcus_jb1973, on Flickr

Our handsome boy, Sir Scoville.

He is off to the vet's shortly for an X-ray to try and finally diagnose whether he's got asthma or whether he had a chest infection. Poor chap.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1637 on: 11 April, 2012, 07:02:20 pm »
Hope he's feeling better soon!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #1638 on: 11 April, 2012, 07:54:18 pm »
He's getting there!  X-Rays, ultra-sound of his heart etc. showing he's still got fluid around his lungs (but not heart disease thankfully).  More anti-biotics and back in a week to be X-rayed again.

Bank account emptied by above procedures!
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #1639 on: 11 April, 2012, 08:03:51 pm »
Seems to have grown quite a bit!

Not really, it's mostly fur.  When I first took him to the vets, he estimated that Kai was around 4 years old, so he's not a spotty faced teenager, but a middle aged cat (unlike Zev who is the equivalent of a spotty faced teenage, and behaves like it!)

I think eating better, and having more time to wash and generally relax a bit means his fur has grown out a lot, and is much more luxuriant.  He's probably put a bit of weight on, but mostly he's just a lot furrier than he used to be.

marcusjb, I'm glad to hear that Sir Scoville is getting better. :thumbsup:

« Reply #1640 on: 12 April, 2012, 05:50:10 pm »

Zev making herself comfortable, in the way that only cats can make themselves comfy!

« Reply #1641 on: 13 April, 2012, 01:11:14 pm »

Rose goes exploring.  It took a significant quantity of ham to tempt her up that high, but she seems to be getting the idea now :)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1642 on: 13 April, 2012, 04:47:31 pm »
Kiri says 'OMG there's a dog in mai heated bed!'

or...

I was bumbling about and came across this huge bed

Mum! There's a scary cat in my bed! I'll just lie down here.

she really is scared of cats. Even tiny blind ones.  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #1643 on: 16 April, 2012, 09:43:20 am »

Princess guards our lineups for the game.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

fuzzy

« Reply #1644 on: 22 April, 2012, 07:55:54 pm »
Willow leaks like a sieve if you rub her belly

« Reply #1645 on: 22 April, 2012, 10:44:28 pm »
Apart from the belly-rub (touching in the bathing-suit area (ie anywhere below the collar) is strictly forbidden), Willow sounds a lot like Ethel-the-toothless.
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1646 on: 23 April, 2012, 05:11:47 pm »

Luxeon is sleepy

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1647 on: 24 April, 2012, 12:47:48 am »
I'm tempted at set up a cat-cam in my hall. So far today I've seen 4 different cats who are not mine come into the house! I think I must be feeding the entire feline population of my street. Rico certainly isn't thin but I had wondered how I've got through a 15kg sack of top quality cat food in 2 weeks! I'm going to have to stick some batteries in my microchip-operated cat flap a d stand back and wait for the dull thuds methinks!

« Reply #1648 on: 02 May, 2012, 12:28:11 pm »
Woke up today with a heap of cats on the bed as usual  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1649 on: 02 May, 2012, 10:38:26 pm »

Ugh helps out in the greenhouse.